Novartis International AG
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
2,250,000€ - 2,499,999€
Lobbyists declared: 3.5 FTE (10)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 6
Meetings with European Commission: 22
Lobbying costs over the years:
Novartis International AG
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend people's lives. We use science-based innovation to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. We also aim to provide a shareholder return that rewards those who invest their money, time and ideas in our company.
Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) ATMP Regulation Big data Biosimilars & generics Clinical Trials Regulation Data Protection Regulation EU IP policy EU Relative Efficacy Assessment (EU REA) EU research policy EU trade policy Health Systems Performance Assessment Health Technology Assessment & Market Access Industrial policy Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) In-Vitro Diagnostic Regulation Medical Devices Regulation Outcomes-based healthcare systems Orphan Medicinal Products Regulation Paediatric Regulation Patient access to innovation Patient safety Pharmaceuticals in the environment Sustainable Development Goals
Novartis International AG Forum 1 Forum 1
Tel: 41 61 324 11 11
Rue du Trône 108
Tel: 32 2 246 1975
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
In 2019, five associates in the Brussels office spent between 25-75% on activities
falling within the scope of the register.
From the five associates at global and regional headquarters, only one spent up to 50% of his/her time on activities falling within the scope of the register.
Other associates involved on activities falling within the scope of the register spent less than 10% of their time on such activities.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Among others, Novartis is a member of the following associations: BusinessEurope, British Chamber of Commerce, EFPIA, EuropaBio, Medicines for Europe, MedTech Europe
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
At European level, Novartis is committed to working in partnership with the institutions of the European Union to support policies and actions that foster positive patient outcomes. Knut Mager, a Novartis associate, is representing EFPIA in the multi-stakeholder expert group to support the application of a Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
Meetings with European Commission22 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 07 Apr 2020 - Commissioner Stella Kyriakides - Discussion on medicines (Production, clinical tests, supply and allocation) (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 05 Feb 2020 - Commissioner Stella Kyriakides - Discussion on Cancer and Europe's Beating Cancer Plan (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 27 Nov 2018 - Giulia Del Brenna - Health research in Horizon Europe (DG Research)
- 27 Nov 2018 - Nils Behrndt - Access to health services, including pharmaceuticals, in developing countries (DG Development)
- 21 Feb 2018 - Annika Nowak - HTA; Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPC) (DG Health)
- 15 Feb 2018 - Kaius Kristian Hedberg Fabrice Comptour - pharmaceutical IP incentives (DG Internal Market)
- 01 Feb 2018 - Pierre Schellekens - Patent Issues (DG Climate & Energy)
- 25 Jan 2018 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - health policy (DG Digital Economy)
- 25 Jan 2018 - Tom Tynan - Business discussion (DG Trade)
- 25 Jan 2018 - Lucie Mattera - European patent protection (DG Economics & Tax)
- 21 Nov 2017 - Vice-President Jyrki Katainen - Internal Market's industrial property legal framework relating to supplementary protection certificates (SPC) and patent research exemptions; innovation in the pharmaceutical industry (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 21 Nov 2017 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - research budget (DG Digital Economy)
- 08 Nov 2017 - Manuel Mateo-Goyet - E Health (DG Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth)
- 08 Nov 2017 - Michael Karnitschnig - Economy and Investment in the EU Neighbourhood (DG Budget and Administration)
- 07 Nov 2017 - Miguel Ceballos Baron - Innovation and patents in trade policy (DG Trade)
- 18 Jan 2017 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Data, e-health (DG Digital Single Market)
- 18 Jan 2017 - Aare Järvan - Data, e-health (DG Digital Single Market)
- 03 Jun 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - New College and Better Regulation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 13 Mar 2015 - Director-General Daniel Calleja Crespo - Industrial Policy for pharmaceuticals (DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs)
- 12 Feb 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - Digital Single Market, Innovation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 23 Jan 2015 - Commissioner Carlos Moedas - Bilateral meeting the CEO of Novartis & EFPIA President (DG Research)
- 16 Jan 2015 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - Round Table on Gender Diversity (DG Justice)