WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists declared: 11.75 FTE (19)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 12
Meetings with European Commission: 24
Lobbying costs over the years:
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 122,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of around €63 billion in 2018. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
Energy & Climate Policy, Innovation & Research, Trade Policy, Health & Environmental Policy, Chemicals Policy, Construction, Crop Protection Policy, Biotechnology, Internal Market, Competitiveness, Industrial Policy, Social and Employment Policy
Tel: 49 621600
EU Government Relations BASF Group Rue Marie De Bourgogne 58 Rue Marie De Bourgogne 58
Tel: 32 02 7400351
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
On 02/05/2019 10 persons are accredited for access to European Parliament premises.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
BASF is among others a member of AECC, BAVC, BDA, BDI, Businesseurope, Cefic, CSR Europe, Deutsche Bauchemie, ECPA, EPC, ERT, EuropaBio, Isopa, PlasticsEurope and VCI.
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Commission operational expert group of the European Innovation Partnership on Raw Materials #E03392 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3392 #Member #C#High Level Industrial Roundtable "Industry 2030"#E03572 #Saori Dubourg#http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3572 #Member #B#Industry#Comité consultatif pour la sécurité et la santé sur le lieu de travail#X01211 #ENGEL Stefan #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=1211 #Alternate Member #B#Industry
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission24 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 30 Apr 2019 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - European industrial policy (DG Digital Economy)
- 22 Nov 2018 - Jan Ceyssens - taxonomy and EU IFRS (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 04 Sep 2018 - Rolf Carsten Bermig - Alliance of Energy Intensive Industries - 2050 strategy (DG Internal Market)
- 04 Sep 2018 - Head of the EPSC Ann Mettler - Sustainable Development Goals (DG European Political Strategy Centre)
- 04 Sep 2018 - Commissioner Elżbieta Bieńkowska - Alliance of Energy Intensive Industries - 2050 strategy (DG Internal Market)
- 27 Jun 2018 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - Industrial Policy (DG Digital Economy)
- 23 Nov 2017 - Antonio Lowndes Marques De Araujo Vicente - Innovation Principles and Industry (DG Research)
- 24 Mar 2017 - Nathalie Chaze - Regulatory approval of plant protection products (DG Health)
- 24 Mar 2017 - Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis - Regulatory approval of plant protection products (DG Health)
- 10 Jan 2017 - Vice-President Jyrki Katainen - Innovation and Competitiveness (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 07 Dec 2016 - Nathalie Chaze - EU approval of active substances for plant protection products. Bentazone. (DG Health)
- 16 Jun 2016 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - digitization of industry (DG Digital Economy)
- 16 Jun 2016 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - digitisation of industry (DG Digital Economy)
- 26 May 2016 - Director-General Jos Delbeke - ETS - carbon leakage (DG Climate Action)
- 10 May 2016 - Kilian GROSS - EEG Eigenstrom (DG Digital Economy)
- 03 Dec 2015 - Secretary-General Alexander Italianer - Business Europe CEO day (DG Secretariat-General)
- 03 Dec 2015 - Commissioner Carlos Moedas - Business Europe CEO day (DG Research)
- 03 Dec 2015 - Vice-President Jyrki Katainen - Business Europe CEO day (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 03 Dec 2015 - Edward Bannerman - Business Europe CEO day (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 30 Oct 2015 - Peter Van Kemseke - creation of a network of Energy Union Business Ambassadors (DG Energy Union)
- 30 Oct 2015 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - creation of a network of Energy Union Business Ambassadors (DG Energy Union)
- 02 Jun 2015 - Maria Da Graca Carvalho - Meeting with BASF (Mr P. Leonard & Mr W. Weber) (DG Research)
- 12 Feb 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - Digital Single Market, Innovation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 07 Jan 2015 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - European Energy Policy priorities (DG Energy)