WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
2,000,000€ - 2,249,999€
Lobbyists declared: 6.25 FTE (19)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 8
Meetings with European Commission: 50
Lobbying costs over the years:
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Enel is a multinational power company and a leading integrated player in the world’s power, with a particular focus on Europe and Latin America.
Enel Group operates in 34 countries with a global reach extending from Europe to North America, Latin America, Africa, Asia and Oceania, generating energy with a net installed capacity of almost 85 GW- out of which 39 GW or renewable sources, distributing electricity and selling gas and across a network spanning over 2.2 million km.
With 70 million end users around the world, we have the biggest customer base among our European competitors, and we are one of Europe’s leading energy companies by installed capacity, with a reported EBITDA (16.3 billion €) and a total revenues amount of 75.6 billion€.
The Enel Group employs around 69.200 people. Our work is based on the values of responsibility, innovation, trust and proactivity. Safety is a top priority for the Enel Group, which has adopted a proactive approach in this area so fundamental to its business, dedicating particular attention to prevention and promoting a culture of safety.
Enel is also committed to providing a tangible contribution to the achievement of 4 UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) concerning access to energy, quality education, the socio-economic development of the communities in which we operate and the fight against climate change that comes together with the circular economy we promote.
Our portfolio of power plants is highly diversified, running on hydroelectric, wind, geothermal, solar, thermo-electric and other renewable sources of power. In 2018, the Enel Group generated 250 TWh of electricity, distributed 485 TWh on its networks and sold 295 TWh.
Please see more information on the company site https://www.enel.com/
Listed on the Milan stock exchange since 1999: Enel is among the Italian companies to have the largest number of shareholders, including both retail and institutional investors and the most important of Enel’s shareholders is the Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance.
Enel’s commitment to values embodied in its Code of Ethics, its Sustainability Report (included in indexes such as FTSE4Good, DowJones Sustainable Index, CDP, ECPI, Euronext and Stoxx), and the adoption of international best practices promoting environmental protection, transparency and corporate governance, have all attracted international investment funds, insurance companies, pension funds and ethical funds to its shareholder register (in 2017, 8,6% of total Enel shares were held by socially responsible investors).
Clean Energy for all Europeans package Clean, competitive and connected mobility for all-Europe on the move package Cybersecurity package, Free Flow of Data Directive concerning common rules for the internal market in natural gas ETS reform and Climate change and Environmental policies Air Quality Directives Sustainable Finance EU Funding Instruments for Innovation and Infrastructures State Aid and Competition
Viale Regina Margherita, 137
Tel: 3906 83051111
Avenue de Nerviens 9-31
Tel: 32 22110231
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
• Eurelectric - www.eurelectric.org
• Wind Europe - www.windeurope.org
• Solar Power Europe -www.solarpowereurope.org/home
• EDSO - www.edsoforsmartgrids.eu
• SmartEn - www.smarten.eu
• EASE- http://ease-storage.eu
• CSR Europe - www.csreurope.org
• Bruegel - http://bruegel.org
• EFET- www.efet.org
• IETA – http://www.ieta.org
• E-mobility platform -www.platformelectromobility.eu/
• CCE (Conseil de Coopération Economique)
• CEPS - www.ceps.eu
• CERRE - www.cerre.eu
• Friends of Europe www.friendsofeurope.org
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Support to Circular Economy Financing Expert Group#E03517 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3517 #Member #C#Multi-stakeholder platform on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in the EU #E03529 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3529 #Member #C#Monitoring, assessing and reporting progress on the SDGs#Equality, justice, inclusion and decent work#The global dimension of SDGs, including trade and migration#The environment and natural resource efficiency, including agriculture and food systems#The multi-annual financial framework#Corporate Social Responsibility#Management Committee of the platform#Marine knowledge expert group#E03457 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3457 #Member #C
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
European Energy Forum http://www.europeanenergyforum.eu/ EU40 http://www.eu40.eu/ European Internet Forum https://www.eifonline.org/
Meetings with European Commission50 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 06 Jun 2019 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Long Term Strategy (DG Climate & Energy)
- 11 Dec 2018 - Bernd Biervert - Reform Electricity Market Design, 2050 Strategy (DG Energy Union)
- 11 Jul 2018 - Director-General Stefano Manservisi - Exchange on the EU projects on renewable energy in Africa. (DG EuropeAid Development & Cooperation)
- 09 Jul 2018 - Telmo Baltazar - Energy Union and Climate Strategy (DG Presidency)
- 15 Mar 2018 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Clean Energy Package (DG Climate & Energy)
- 14 Mar 2018 - Head of the EPSC Ann Mettler - Sustainable Development Goals (DG European Political Strategy Centre)
- 11 Oct 2017 - Friedrich-Nikolaus Von Peter - Meeting regarding the action plan on alternative fuels. (DG Transport)
- 25 Sep 2017 - Grzegorz Radziejewski - CO2 emission standards for cars and vans, reform of the Clean Vehicles Directive (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 22 Sep 2017 - Director-General Daniel Calleja Crespo - Circular Economy (DG Environment)
- 12 Jul 2017 - Director-General Jos Delbeke - ETS (DG Climate Action)
- 11 May 2017 - Robert Schröder - Commission’s science policy, the EU’s Research Programmes (DG Research)
- 11 May 2017 - Alessandro CARANO - exchange of views with high level Enel’s representatives on sustainable mobility policies (DG Transport)
- 03 Feb 2017 - Maria Elena Scoppio - Presentation of ENEL and discussion on possible initiatives in the field of energy taxation and discussion on FTT (DG Economics & Tax)
- 18 Jan 2017 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - Energy Winter Package (DG Energy Union)
- 18 Jan 2017 - Bernd Biervert - Energy Winter Package (DG Energy Union)
- 22 Nov 2016 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - ETS reform (DG Climate & Energy)
- 15 Nov 2016 - Joachim Balke Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero - Electricity Market Design (DG Climate & Energy)
- 09 Nov 2016 - Arianna Vannini - Energy Union (DG External Action)
- 27 Sep 2016 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - Energy policy (DG Energy)
- 06 Sep 2016 - High Representative / Vice-President Federica Mogherini - Africa - renewable energy (DG External Action)
- 14 Jul 2016 - Soren Schonberg - Market design reform and capacity mechanisms (DG Competition)
- 23 Jun 2016 - Fabrizia Panzetti - Follow up on Enel activities (DG External Action)
- 13 Jun 2016 - Director-General Marco Buti - Exchange of views on European industry, business environment, economic growth strategy (DG Economic and Financial Affairs)
- 09 Jun 2016 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - Energy policy (DG Energy)
- 19 Apr 2016 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Electricity Market Design (DG Climate & Energy)
- 04 Apr 2016 - Arianna Vannini - Energy market developments (DG External Action)
- 23 Feb 2016 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - 2nd EU Energy Summit - breakfast roundtable (DG Climate & Energy)
- 18 Feb 2016 - Robert Schröder - H2020 and Energy (DG Research)
- 27 Nov 2015 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Internal Energy Market (DG Climate & Energy)
- 20 Nov 2015 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - European energy policy (DG Energy)
- 16 Nov 2015 - Bernd Biervert - Electricity market design, renewables (DG Energy Union)
- 08 Oct 2015 - Maria Da Graca Carvalho - Energy Union (DG Research)
- 17 Sep 2015 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Investment in Algeria (DG Climate & Energy)
- 17 Sep 2015 - Isaac Valero Ladron Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero - Investment in Algeria (DG Climate & Energy)
- 17 Sep 2015 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - European energy policies (DG Energy)
- 16 Jul 2015 - Director-General Jos Delbeke - ETS (DG Climate Action)
- 23 Jun 2015 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Internal Electricity Market (DG Climate & Energy)
- 23 Jun 2015 - Joachim Balke - Internal Electricity Market (DG Climate & Energy)
- 04 Jun 2015 - Joachim Balke Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero - Meeting to exchange of views both on the so called “Summer package” (DG Climate & Energy)
- 13 May 2015 - Agnieszka Drzewoska Kaius Kristian Hedberg - Italian electricity market (DG Internal Market)
- 05 May 2015 - Stefano Manservisi - Climate change diplomacy (DG External Action)
- 22 Apr 2015 - Director-General Daniel Calleja Crespo - Internal Market Strategy - Industrial development in Latin America (DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs)
- 18 Feb 2015 - Arianna Vannini - Energy Union (DG External Action)
- 17 Feb 2015 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - European Energy Policy priorities (DG Energy)
- 28 Jan 2015 - Silvia Bartolini - Energy Union (DG Climate & Energy)
- 28 Jan 2015 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Energy Union (DG Climate & Energy)
- 28 Jan 2015 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - Presentation of ENEL (DG Energy Union)
- 28 Jan 2015 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - Energy Union (DG Energy Union)
- 11 Dec 2014 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - European Energy Policy priorities (DG Energy)
- 09 Dec 2014 - Joachim Balke Silvia Bartolini Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero - Framework 2030 of the internal energy market and the future investment package proposed by the President Juncker (DG Climate & Energy)