Insurance Europe (Insurance Europe)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
6,500,000€ - 6,749,000€
Lobbyists declared: 35 FTE (35)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 22
Meetings with European Commission: 19
Lobbying costs over the years:
Insurance Europe (Insurance Europe)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Insurance Europe is the European insurance and reinsurance federation. Through its 34 member bodies — the national insurance associations — Insurance Europe represents all types of insurance and reinsurance undertakings, eg pan-European companies, monoliners, mutuals and SMEs. Insurance Europe, which is based in Brussels, represents undertakings that account for around 95% of total European premium income. Insurance makes a major contribution to Europe’s economic growth and development. European insurers generate premium income of €1 200bn, directly employ over 950 000 people and invest over €10 200bn in the economy.
Insurance Europe mission is:
- To draw attention to issues of strategic interest to all European insurers and reinsurers in a sustainable manner.
- To raise awareness of insurers' and reinsurers' roles in providing insurance protection and security to the community as well as in contributing to economic growth and development.
- To promote – as the expert and representative voice of the insurance industry – a competitive and open market to the benefit of the European consumer as well as corporate clients.
In order to achieve this, Insurance Europe:
- represents all European insurers and reinsurers, and provides information and guidance on issues of interest to the European insurance sector;
- positions the European insurance industry within the European and global regulatory frameworks, promoting trus and confidence in the European insurance industry;
- provides a platform to its members, for an exchange information and experience between them.
• Anti-discrimination • Anti-money laundering • Capital Markets Union • Cross-border insurance • Data protection • Distribution (PRIIPs, IDD) • Environmental Liability Directive • EU and International regulation including • Solvency II and International Capital Standards • ESAs review • European contract law • European Investment plan • Financial reporting • FinTech • Insurance Block Exemption Regulation • Insurance fraud and crime • Liability and insurability • Long term investment • Motor • Nuclear liability • Pensions (PEPP) • Reinsurance • Retal Financial Services Action Plan • Road safety • Services e-card • Sustainable Finance • Taxation • Technology
rue Montoyer, 51
Tel: 32 2 894 30 00
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Insurance Europe is a founding member of European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG), a member of the European Parliamentary Financial Services Forum (EPFSF), and a member of the Global Federation of Insurance Associations (GFIA), and the Reinsurance Advisory Board (RAB).
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
High Level Group on pensions#E03589 #Jeanmart Nicolas#http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3589 #Member #B#Finance#European eCall Implementation Platform#E02481 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=2481 #Member #C#European Union Eco-labelling Board#E00374 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=374 #Member #C#Working Group on Motorcycles#E01296 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=1296 #Member #C#Working Group on Motor Vehicles#E01295 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=1295 #Member #C#Expert Group on liability and new technologies #E03592 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3592 #Member #C#Product Liability Directive formation#Multistakeholder expert group to support the application of Regulation (EU) 2016/679#E03537 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3537 #Member #C
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
European Parliament Financial Services Forum (EPFSF)
Insurance Europe is a fair and reliable partner as well as a contact point for policy makers, institutions, politicians and supervisors. Insurance Europe provides services to the benefit of its members. In the regulatory process Insurance Europe develops, promotes and defends industry positions that are supported by technical evidence and expertise. Solvency II is a top legislative file priority for insurers, but a wide range of other topics are also on Insurance Europe day-to-day top agenda. This ranges from financial stability, distribution, digitalisation, anti-discrimination, pensions, taxation, fiancial reporting, liability, motor, health, and financial education.
Meetings with European Commission19 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 13 Jun 2019 - Andrea Beltramello - EU and international developments, impact on reinsurance industry (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 27 Sep 2018 - Andrea Beltramello - Solvency II reviews - sustainable finance - financial reporting (IFRS 17) - ESAs review (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 03 Sep 2018 - Nathalie De Basaldua Lemarchand - EFSI/InvestEU and Solvency II (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 03 Sep 2018 - Andrea Beltramello - EFSI/InvestEU and Solvency II (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 11 Jul 2018 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Future of the EU priorities of the Juncker Commission (DG Presidency)
- 24 May 2018 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Speech at Insurance Europe Conference (DG Presidency)
- 19 Apr 2018 - Andrea Beltramello - Solvency II review (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 23 Feb 2018 - Andrea Beltramello - PEPP - IDD - PRIIPS (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 10 Oct 2017 - Marlene MADSEN - Sustainable Finance and Solvency II (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 19 Sep 2017 - Tatyana Panova - Solvency II (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 07 Feb 2017 - Tatyana Panova Elina Melngaile - Fintech; PRIPS (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 20 Jan 2017 - Tatyana Panova - CMU, Solvency II, Private Pensions, PRIIPs (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 16 Jan 2017 - Miguel Gil Tertre - CMU EFSI (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 27 Oct 2016 - Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis - Insurance issues, Solvency II, Personal pensions, PRIIPS (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 14 Jun 2016 - Lee Foulger - Packaged retail and insurance-based investment products (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 29 Apr 2016 - Marlene MADSEN - CMU (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 14 Dec 2015 - Miguel Gil Tertre - Investment initiative (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 20 Mar 2015 - Miguel Gil Tertre - Investment Initiative (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 20 Mar 2015 - Vice-President Jyrki Katainen - Investment Initiative (DG Jobs & Growth)