FIPRA International Limited (FIPRA)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
1,750,000€ - 1,999,999€
Lobbyists declared: 41.25 FTE (43)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 34
Meetings with European Commission: 35
Lobbying costs over the years:
FIPRA International Limited (FIPRA)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Founded in 2000, FIPRA International Ltd is a leading European and international public affairs consultancy advising clients on a range of government relations and regulatory policy issues. FIPRA International has relationships with a range of other consultancies across Europe and globally: the wider FIPRA network extends to over 50 countries both in Europe and internationally. FIPRA’s business focus is on the provision of advice and assistance in “public affairs” also termed “government relations”. We advise companies and non-corporate clients on how best to engage with government and public institutions on questions of policy, legislation and regulation that concern them. In Europe, much of our work is undertaken with the institutions of the European Union. FIPRA International is registered in the UK and has directly-owned representative offices in Belgium (Brussels) and in Ireland. Our entry on the Commission Register of interest representatives relates to our work undertaken on behalf of clients in connection with the EU institutions.
FIPRA’s business focus is on the provision of advice and assistance in “public affairs” also termed “government relations”. We advise companies and non-corporate clients on how best to engage with government and public institutions on questions of policy, legislation and regulation that concern them. In Europe, much of our work is undertaken with the institutions of the European Union. Our entry on the joint European Commission and European Parliament Register relates to our work undertaken on behalf of clients in connection with the EU institutions. Specific EU legislative proposals and/or policies being followed vary according to the interests of our clients, but for the period covered by our latest Register entry these have included: - EU policy on TEN-T and freight corridors; - EU chemicals legislation REACH, authorisation of substances; - EU competition policy on mergers, anti-trust and State Aid, including in relation to investment, energy and corporate taxation issues; - EU trade policy, in particular EU-US (TTIP) and EU-Japan trade agreements.
6 Hay's Lane
London SE1 2HB,
Tel: 44 2033001700
227 Rue De La Loi
Tel: 32 26132828
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Robert Madelin is a consultant to Fipra. He is married to Marie-Christine Jalabert who works at the Directorate-General for Energy (DG ENER).
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
BritCham - British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium
Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS)
Competition Law Forum (CLF)
European Policy Centre (EPC)
European Public Affairs Consultancies Association (EPACA)
European Risk Forum (ERF)*
Friends of Europe (FoE)
* Fipra International is a member of the ERF, a not-for-profit think tank with a focus on regulatory risk, better regulation, impact assessment, the best use of science and related matters. Fipra offers pro-bono support to the ERF.
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
Clients generating a turnover of 200000-299999 €
Inmarsat Global Ltd.
Clients generating a turnover of 100000-199999 €
Royal Caribbean Cruises International
World Travel and Tourism Council
Clients generating a turnover of 50000-99999 €
Belron lnternational Limited
Dow Europe GmbH
Gilead Sciences Europe Ltd.
GlobalFoundries U.S. Inc.
Johnson & Johnson
Clients generating a turnover of 25000-49999 €
Fugro Norway AS
IARD (International Alliance for Responsible Drinking)
Shire Belgium Bvba
Clients generating a turnover of 10000-24999 €
BioMarin Europa Ltd.
Gas Infrastructure Europe AIBSL
Henkel Belgium SA
IHI Hauzer Techno Coating B.V.
Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
Ionbond Netherlands B.V.
Novartis Pharma NV
Oerlikon Balzers Coating AG
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd
Terumo BCT Europe N.V
Vergason Technology Inc.
ViiV Healthcare UK Ltd
Clients generating a turnover of 0-9999 €
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Celgene International II Sarl AP
Energetický a průmyslový holding, a.s
European Food Safety Authority
European Heart Network
Route One Investment Company L.P.
Universities Superannuation Scheme
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission35 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 28 Jun 2019 - Director-General Anne Bucher - o A senior European Commissioner to oversee cross- and inter-sectoral action on health and well-being, o Strengthened health and well-being impact assessments in the EU; o A ‘home for health’ within the Commission to create a centre of knowledge and expertise to cooperate with other international organisations such as the WHO and OECD. (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 25 Sep 2018 - Kaius Kristian Hedberg - microprocessing. Global Foundries also attended the meeting (DG Internal Market)
- 25 Sep 2018 - Nele Eichhorn - Developments in the global contract chipmaking market (DG Trade)
- 04 Sep 2018 - Eric Peters - technologies and digitalisation of Travel and Tourism (DG Digital Economy)
- 18 Jul 2018 - Director-General Gertrud Ingestad - Commission Digital Strategy (DG Informatics)
- 06 Jul 2018 - Director-General Stephen Quest - Customs Futures 2018-2025 (DG Taxation and Customs Union)
- 27 Jun 2018 - Director-General Gertrud Ingestad - Commisson Digital Strategy (DG Informatics)
- 18 Apr 2018 - Risto Artjoki - Industrial policy in Europe (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 22 Mar 2018 - Silke Obst - Connected and automated driving (DG Transport)
- 26 Oct 2017 - Grzegorz Radziejewski - The New Plastics Economy (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 28 Sep 2017 - Rolf Carsten Bermig Kaius Kristian Hedberg - EU industrial policy strategy (DG Internal Market)
- 05 Sep 2017 - Robert Schröder Antonio Lowndes Marques De Araujo Vicente - future framework programme (DG Research)
- 05 Sep 2017 - Director-General Daniel Calleja Crespo - EU industrial policy and Circular Economy (DG Environment)
- 01 Jan 1970 - - (DG )
- 01 Jan 1970 - - (DG )
- 07 Feb 2017 - Maria Elena Scoppio - Impact of innovation on EU economic recovery (DG Economics & Tax)
- 30 Jan 2017 - Nathalie Chaze - Pesticides; competition (DG Health)
- 30 Jan 2017 - Commissioner Karmenu Vella - Innovation and chemicals (DG Environment)
- 30 Jan 2017 - Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis - Pesticides; competition (DG Health)
- 30 Jan 2017 - Astrid LADEFOGED - Innovation and chemicals (DG Environment)
- 04 Feb 2016 - Director-General Xavier Prats Monné - Preperation of the Conference 'Enhancing Value of the European Health Systems' (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 25 Jan 2016 - Andras Inotai - European Maritime Day (DG Environment)
- 15 Oct 2015 - Juho Romakkaniemi - Taxation and investment (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 28 Jul 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - DSM and Innovation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 09 Jul 2015 - Eric Mamer - DSM (DG Digital Economy)
- 09 Jul 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - DSM (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 04 Mar 2015 - Director-General Joao Aguiar Machado - Cruise industry, regulatory environment (DG Mobility and Transport)
- 04 Mar 2015 - Director-General Lowri Evans - Cruise Industry (DG Maritime Affairs and Fisheries)
- 03 Mar 2015 - Friedrich-Nikolaus Von Peter Marjeta Jager - Adam Goldstein CLIA (DG Transport)
- 03 Mar 2015 - Commissioner Violeta Bulc - Adam Goldstein CLIA (DG Transport)
- 12 Feb 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - Digital Single Market, Innovation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 22 Jan 2015 - Kaius Kristian Hedberg Rolf Carsten Bermig - Life sciences sector (DG Internal Market)
- 22 Jan 2015 - Michael Curtis - Situation in Libya and EU policy including sanctions (DG External Action)
- 13 Jan 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - MSS, DAG, Third Package review and Innovation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 12 Dec 2014 - Peter Van Kemseke - Energy Union (DG Energy Union)