European Youth Forum (YFJ)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
2,750,000€ - 2,999,999€
Lobbyists declared: 27.5 FTE (28)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 13
Meetings with European Commission: 24
Lobbying costs over the years:
European Youth Forum (YFJ)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. Representing more than 100 youth organisations, both National Youth Councils and International Non-Governmental Youth Organisations, we believe youth organisations are the tool through which we empower, encourage, involve, represent, reach out and support young people. The Youth Forum brings together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe, organised in order to represent their common interests.
Europe 2020 Strategy Implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights European Framework on Quality and Effective Apprenticeships Access to Social Protection Transparent and predictable working conditions Work-life Balance Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals Post-2020 Multiannual Financial Framework EU Budget 2021 Youth Employment Initiative and the Youth Guarantee ESF+ post-2020 Erasmus+ post 2020 European Solidarity Corps post 2020 EU Youth Strategy European Education Area EU Development Policy Global Strategy for the European Union's Foreign and Security Policy (Youth, Peace and Security dimension) Strategy for the Western Balkans Citizenship education and common EU values Rights & Values Programme post-2020 Just Transition Fund EU Green Deal EU Climate Pact and Climate Law Fair minimum wages directive EU Africa Strategy EU Gender Equality Strategy European Semester Reform process EU-Eastern Partnership Policy Agenda post-2020 Conference on the Future of Europe Recognition and validation of non-formal and informal learning and follow up on Council Recommendation from 2012 on validation of non-formal and informal learning
Rue de l'industrie, 10
Tel: 32 27937534
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Most interactions with EU decision-makers happen in Brussels with Secretariat members of the European Youth Forum. The contact information of the Secretariat members can be found on our website (http://www.youthforum.org/secretariat). A considerable amount of the European Youth Forum’s work targets the EU Institutions, which is why many activities of the office fall under the scope of the Transparency Register.
According to the Statutes of the European Youth Forum the organisation counts with a Board of 11 volunteers (no working staff) with the following responsibilities:
• to define the overall strategy in accordance with the organisational mission, adopted work plan and guidelines of the General Assembly and policies determined by the Council of Members;
• to prepare meetings of the statutory bodies and working structures;
• to be responsible for the finances and budgetary matters, securing financial integrity;
• to ensure the measurement of performance and overseeing the implementation of the work plan;
• to select the Secretary-General, supervise and evaluate their work;
• to ensure external representation;
• to maintain contact with and between the members;
• to participate, if desired, to all meetings of the Forum and speak at those meetings;
• to constitute the non-permanent working structures.
Our global and regional advocacy work partly seeks to influence the decision-making process of the EU Institutions. Member Organisations of the European Youth Forum also engage with EU decision-makers occasionally. For instance, they meet with representatives from the EU institutions in their respective Member States (without the involvement of the European Youth Forum).
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Social Platform, CEPS, Civil Society Europe, European Movement International, Friends of Europe, European Policy Centre, SDG Watch, ECAS, Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Full specified budget
View the full specified budget for this organisation on the Transparency Register website.
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Structured Dialogue with European Structural and Investment Funds' partners group of experts#E03226 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3226 #Member #C#Multi-stakeholder platform on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in the EU #E03529 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3529 #Member #C#Governance, Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development and the Rule of Law#Monitoring, assessing and reporting progress on the SDGs#The multi-annual financial framework#The environment and natural resource efficiency, including agriculture and food systems#Management Committee of the platform#Equality, justice, inclusion and decent work#The European sustainability award#European Qualifications Framework Advisory Group#E02107 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=2107 #Member #C
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
The European Youth Forum is also representing the voices of youth organisations and young people in Europe towards other international institutions, such as the United Nations, the Council of Europe, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development and the Organisations for Security and Cooperation in Europe. For a full overview of our advocacy activities, look at our annual reports: https://www.youthforum.org/annual-report
Meetings with European Commission24 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 08 Mar 2019 - Director-General Themis Christophidou - Courtesy meeting with the new President (DG Education and Culture)
- 18 Jul 2018 - Director-General Themis Christophidou - Future cooperation (DG Education and Culture)
- 28 May 2018 - Christine Mai - youth agenda in the proposal for the future Multi-annual Financial Framework, new proposals for the successor programme to Erasmus+ Future of the European Solidarity Corps (DG Education)
- 10 Jul 2017 - Christine Mai - EU Solidarity Corps & EU Youth Strategy post 2018 (DG Education)
- 02 May 2017 - Commissioner Tibor Navracsics - EU youth strategy post 2018 (DG Education)
- 06 Mar 2017 - Commissioner Tibor Navracsics - The role of young people in the discussions on the future of Europe, the future of Erasmus+, the post-2018 Youth Strategy and the European Solidarity Corps (DG Education)
- 02 Mar 2017 - Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis - Towards a renewed EU Alcohol and Health Forum (DG Health)
- 02 Mar 2017 - Arunas Vinciunas Paula Duarte Gaspar - Towards a renewed EU Alcohol and Health Forum (DG Health)
- 23 Nov 2016 - Commissioner Tibor Navracsics - New Youth initiative - Bratislava process’ youth dimension (DG Education)
- 07 Nov 2016 - Julie Fionda Baudouin Baudru Vasiliki Kokkori - Recent developments related to the Youth Guarantee (DG Employment)
- 15 Jul 2016 - Christine Mai - Youth radicalisation - Erasmus+ - Brexit (DG Education)
- 14 Apr 2016 - Aura Salla - Investment plan - youth unemployment and investment in education and review of the MFF/Europe 2020 (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 12 Apr 2016 - Szabolcs Horvath Christine Mai - Best practices on integrating young refugees in education and the labour market - (DG Education)
- 18 Mar 2016 - Christine Mai - New Work Plan for Youth, Structured Dialogue with Youth (DG Education)
- 22 Sep 2015 - Commissioner Tibor Navracsics - Structured Dialogue with youth, tackling radicalisation (DG Education)
- 14 Sep 2015 - Commissioner Marianne Thyssen - Labour mobility (DG Employment)
- 09 Jul 2015 - Christine Mai - Structured Dialogue with Youth (DG Education)
- 23 Apr 2015 - Commissioner Tibor Navracsics - Tackling the radicalisation of young people (DG Education)
- 13 Apr 2015 - Pauline Rouch - Digital Single Market (DG Presidency)
- 19 Mar 2015 - Christine Mai - Youth policy, priorities for 2015 (DG Education)
- 17 Feb 2015 - Julie Fionda - Skills and Youth Employment (DG Employment)
- 27 Jan 2015 - Christine Mai - Introductory meeting, exchange of views and priorities for youth policy 2015 (DG Education)
- 27 Jan 2015 - Commissioner Tibor Navracsics - Introductory meeting, exchange of views and priorities for youth policy 2015 (DG Education)
- 09 Jan 2015 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - Roundtable with NGOs on fundamental rights and non-discrimination (DG Justice)