Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
4,750,000€ - 4,999,999€
Lobbyists declared: 25.25 FTE (67)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 5
Meetings with European Commission: 38
Lobbying costs over the years:
Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
The Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) is the voice of all Europe’s wholesale financial markets, providing expertise across a broad range of regulatory and capital markets issues.
We represent the leading global and European banks and other significant capital market players.
We advocate for deep and integrated European capital markets which serve the needs of companies and investors, supporting economic growth and benefiting society.
We aim to act as a bridge between market participants and policy makers across Europe, drawing on our strong and long-standing relationships, our technical knowledge and fact-based work.
AFME follows all EU initiatives affecting wholesale financial markets, including: Capital Markets Union; Banking Union; MIFID II/MIFIR; CRRII/CRDV implementation; Risk Reduction Measures, Bank Recovery and Resolution; Financial Transactions Tax; Bank Structural Reform; Implementation of Benchmarks Regulation; Implementation of Securities Financing Transactions Regulation; Implementation of Money Market Funds Regulation; Securitisation; European System of Financial Supervision; CRAs; Corporate Governance; Shareholders’ Rights; Post Trade; Implementation of Settlement and Central Securities Depositories Regulation, Insolvency Law Reform, Market Abuse Regulation, EDIS; European Fund for Strategic Investments; Implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation, Revision to the 4th Anti-Money Laundering Directive, Financial Technology and Brexit.
39th Floor 25 Canada Square 25 Canada Square
London E14 5LQ,
Tel: 44 2038282700
Rue de la Loi 82
Brussels 1040 Brussels,
Tel: 32 27883971
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
The time spent by our staff on activities covered by the register varies by division and does not exactly fit the categories above. We have therefore rounded these estimates to the nearest available percentage category.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
AFME is the European member of the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA) a global alliance with the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) in the US, and the Asia Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (ASIFMA) in Asia.
AFME is also a member of the following:
European Banking Institute, Institute for Fiscal Studies
Joint Money Laundering Steering Group, International Council of Securities Associations, Centre for Economic Policy Research, TheCity UK, European Parliamentary Financial Services Forum, European Forum for Manufacturing, CBI, Securities Houses Compliance Officers Group, Centre for the Study of Financial Innovation (CSFI), European Capital Markets Institute,
QED, International Business and Diplomatic Exchange (IBDE)
A list of our members is available on our website at http://www.afme.eu/About/Membership.aspx
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
VAT Expert Group#E02813 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=2813 #Observer #C#Corporate Bond Market Liquidity#E03429 #WEBSTER Victoria#http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3429 #Member #B#Finance#Ecosystem and framing conditions
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Partner of the Long Term Investment and Reindustrialisation Intergroup
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission38 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 20 Nov 2018 - Jan Ceyssens - Non-performing loans package (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 15 Nov 2018 - Andrea Beltramello - PRIIPs (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 12 Sep 2018 - Andrea Beltramello - Post-trade (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 12 Sep 2018 - Andrea Beltramello - Securitisation (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 06 Jul 2018 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Prudential Board meeting (on Banking Union and Capital Markets Union) (DG Presidency)
- 06 Jun 2018 - Elina Melngaile - Cyber security, Fintech (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 23 Mar 2018 - Andrea Beltramello - PRIIPs, Sustainable finance, ESAs review (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 16 Mar 2018 - Andrea Beltramello - LCR and LCR and Solvency II; securitisation (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 14 Sep 2017 - Marlene MADSEN - CMU and Banking Union (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 21 Jun 2017 - Elina Melngaile Jan Ceyssens - first part of the regulatory review, cross-Border regulatory coordination, cyber security, Brexit and its external impacts (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 07 Apr 2017 - Laure Chapuis-Kombos - Retail banking secor, analysis of the General Data protection regulation (GDPR) (DG Digital Single Market)
- 07 Mar 2017 - Tatyana Panova - Keynote speech at the Conference on "The Shortage of Risk Capital for Europe's High Growth" (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 07 Mar 2017 - Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis - Keynote speech at the Conference on "The Shortage of Risk Capital for Europe's High Growth" (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 07 Mar 2017 - Michelle Sutton - Better Regulation, Capital Markets Union, Transparency (DG Better Regulation)
- 03 Feb 2017 - Jan Ceyssens - Banking Package; ESA review (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 17 Nov 2016 - Ioana Diaconescu - ‘CRD5’ package (DG Economics & Tax)
- 09 Nov 2016 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - financial services agenda (DG Presidency)
- 19 Oct 2016 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - EU financial services regulation (DG Presidency)
- 22 Sep 2016 - Marlene MADSEN - Sustainable finance (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 20 Sep 2016 - Marlene MADSEN - Basel (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 05 Jul 2016 - Keith Sequeira - Finance and Innovation (DG Research)
- 18 Apr 2016 - Mette Toftdal Grolleman - Securitisation; Banking prudential issues; (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 27 Jan 2016 - Marlene MADSEN - Investment plan (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 27 Jan 2016 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Capital Markets Union (DG Presidency)
- 11 Jan 2016 - Lee Foulger - Joint meeting/Markets in Financial Instruments Directive level2 (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 18 Sep 2015 - Lee Foulger - Securitisation (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 17 Sep 2015 - Matthew Baldwin - Financial Policy (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 17 Jul 2015 - Lee Foulger - Capital Markets Union (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 10 Apr 2015 - Lee Foulger - Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 27 Mar 2015 - Mette Toftdal Grolleman - Discussion on the study on the impact of NSFR on capital markets (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 18 Mar 2015 - Valérie Herzberg - Event preparation (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 27 Jan 2015 - Commissioner Jonathan Hill - Capital Markets Union (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 21 Jan 2015 - Ioana Diaconescu - Capital Markets Union, Banking Union issues: exchange of views (DG Economics & Tax)
- 19 Jan 2015 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Capital Markets Union (DG Presidency)
- 16 Jan 2015 - Lee Foulger - Capital Markets Union (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 17 Dec 2014 - Valérie Herzberg - Capital markets union (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 17 Dec 2014 - Jan Ceyssens - CMU (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 03 Dec 2014 - Chantal Hughes - Bank structural reform (DG Euro & Financial Markets)