WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
6,000,000€ - 6,249,999€
Lobbyists declared: 20 FTE (20)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 12
Meetings with European Commission: 35
Lobbying costs over the years:
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
EUROCITIES works along three complementary strands of activities:
With 75% of Europe’s population living in cities, our fundamental purpose as a network is to shape European policy – both to ensure it is based on front line experience and to increase recognition and resources for cities in addressing Europe’s strategic priorities. To this end, EUROCITIES works with the European Commission, both at political and technical level, as well as with the European Parliament, the Committee of the Regions and EU Member States, to ensure that climate, recovery, inclusion and other issues of interest for the local level are effectively addressed.
Our policy forums are the foundation of EUROCITIES as a multi-dimensional network, each promoting a rich exchange of views and experience through which, either as politicians or technical officers, our members have an opportunity to share knowledge, compare approaches, test innovative solutions, analyse best practice and provide input to EUROCITIES policy positions. The many collaborative projects undertaken within EUROCITIES’ membership support and reinforce this. Along with our 40 working groups, our forums connect some 2,000 contacts within our member and partner cities.
Our impact as a political platform for the large cities of Europe depends on sustaining our strong profile and reputation. EUROCITIES brings forward its policy priorities by developing effective public relations and communications to profile issues that resonate with our stakeholders - EU institutions and Presidencies, other European and global networks, and the media. These efforts aim to raise awareness, influence policymaking and change behaviour both within municipal authorities and also among citizens, whose active support and cooperation is essential for results at the local level.
* Mobility: sustainable urban mobility, emissions in the automotive sector, safety regulation * Environment: Waste Directive, Energy Efficiency, Air quality, Water * Economic development: sharing and collaborative economy, internal market, competition policy, long term investments, trade * Knowledge society, Digital Single Market * Culture: creative industries * Social affairs: youth guarantee, migration and asylum, European Pillar of Social rights Urban Agenda for the EU
Square de Meeus, 1
Tel: 32 25520888
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Full specified budget
View the full specified budget for this organisation on the Transparency Register website.
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Commission stakeholder expert group on public procurement#E02807 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=2807 #Member #C#Multi-stakeholder platform on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in the EU #E03529 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3529 #Member #C#Management Committee of the platform#SDGs at local and regional level#ET 2020 Working Group on Schools#E03003 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3003 #Member #C#Structured Dialogue with European Structural and Investment Funds' partners group of experts#E03226 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3226 #Member #C
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
EUROCITIES cooperation Close cooperation between cities, regions, national governments and the EU institutions is essential in order to address the most important social, economic, environmental and political challenges facing Europe in the 21st century. EUROCITIES is therefore committed to developing a permanent "territorial dialogue" at European level, covering all policies that affect local and regional governments. EUROCITIES promotes international networking and cooperation between EU and Eastern partnership and enlargement partner cities on numerous issues, including core local government and EU values. EUROCITIES culture Culture and creativity are a vital aspect of our societies, and people need access to a wide range of arts and cultural activities. Europe's cities are home to a rich mixture of people including migrants from all parts of the world, and this diversity represents a valuable source of cultural wealth and human potential. EUROCITIES believes that culture and creativity should be supported by public policies at all levels, including the European level, and that the impact of culture on the economic development and social cohesion of cities should be recognised. EUROCITIES economy Europe's cities are engines of economic activity and centres of growth and innovation. Economically successful and prosperous cities are essential for creating employment, increasing cohesion and strengthening Europe's competitiveness. EUROCITIES is committed to promoting sustainable urban economic development and supporting the creation of new employment opportunities. EUROCITIES environment For people living in cities, a good quality of life depends largely on the quality of the urban environment. Europe's cities are therefore striving to provide their citizens with clean air, safe water, and a healthy habitat including plenty of trees, parks and green spaces. EUROCITIES supports its member cities in their efforts to bring about a better environment and work towards achieving sustainable development, by developing and sharing knowledge and expertise. We also work with the EU institutions and with national governments to make sure that European legislation and programmes can be implemented successfully at the local level, in order to improve the urban environment and also to protect the global environment. EUROCITIES knowledge society The rapid development and increasing use of Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs), and especially the "Internet Revolution", has transformed our societies and our economies, how we do business and communicate with each other, and how we work and learn. New technologies are also transforming public administration at all levels, as citizens are learning to expect easy access to real-time information and reliable online services. EUROCITIES mobility The increasing amount of road traffic in urban areas leads to a wide range of problems including congestion and accidents, air pollution and noise, harming the environment and undermining citizens' health. EUROCITIES social affairs Europe's cities are engines of growth and prosperity, but at the same time they are the places where poverty and social exclusion hit the hardest. In the European Union more than 60 million people are living in poverty, most of them in urban areas. Cities must strive to be inclusive, by helping the most vulnerable groups and individuals to participate fully in society, with access to decent housing, education and employment
Meetings with European Commission35 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 04 Nov 2019 - Director-General Ditte Juul Jorgensen - The role of the citites in the clean energy transition (DG Energy)
- 09 Jan 2019 - Katarzyna Szczepanska - MFF (DG Digital Economy)
- 26 Sep 2018 - Director-General Jean-Eric Paquet - Horizon Europe proposal (DG Research and Innovation)
- 12 Sep 2018 - Director-General Joost Korte - Meeting with the Secretary General of EUROCITIES, Ms Anna Lisa Boni to discuss the cooperation between EUROCITIES and DG EMPL in the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights (DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion)
- 13 Apr 2018 - Commissioner Marianne Thyssen - Possible collaboration in the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights (DG Employment)
- 13 Apr 2018 - Ruth Paserman - Possible collaboration in the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights (DG Employment)
- 19 Feb 2018 - Chief Negotiator Michel Barnier - Meeting with the Task Force for the Preparation and Conduct of the Negotiations with the United Kingdom under Article 50 TEU (DG Taskforce on Article 50 negotiations with the United Kingdom)
- 01 Feb 2018 - Ruth Paserman - Preparatory meeting for the meetin with president Daniel Termont (mayor of Ghent) and vice-president Karin Wanngard (mayor of Stockholm). (DG Employment)
- 27 Oct 2017 - Alina-Stefania Ujupan - Digital Single Market, investment in the digital infrastructure, smart cities and digital innovation (DG Digital Economy)
- 26 Oct 2017 - Director-General Marc Lemaître - Future of Europe and role of the cities in cohesion policy (DG Regional Policy)
- 23 Jun 2017 - Ruth Paserman - POLITICAL DEBATE ON WORK AND SOCIAL INCLUSION IN CITIES (DG Employment)
- 07 Mar 2017 - Vice-President Jyrki Katainen - EFSI - investment and finance in cities (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 07 Mar 2017 - Grzegorz Radziejewski - EFSI - investment and finance in cities (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 11 Oct 2016 - Director-General Alfred Matthias Ruete - Discussion on integration of refugees and migrants in European cities (DG Home Affairs)
- 06 Oct 2016 - Peter Van Kemseke - The Global Covenant of Mayors: priorities for the coming months (DG Energy Union)
- 06 Oct 2016 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - The Global Covenant of Mayors: priorities for the coming months (DG Energy Union)
- 07 Sep 2016 - Peter Van Kemseke - Global Covenant of Mayors: Next steps (DG Energy Union)
- 05 Sep 2016 - Commissioner Cecilia Malmström - TTIP (DG Trade)
- 20 Apr 2016 - Marika LAUTSO-MOUSNIER - Presentation of the company, sharing economy, sharing cities (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 22 Feb 2016 - Jakub Cebula - Roundtable discussion on public procurement and economic development, social innovation and collaborative economy (DG Internal Market)
- 22 Feb 2016 - Commissioner Elżbieta Bieńkowska - Roundtable discussion on public procurement and economic development, social innovation and collaborative economy (DG Internal Market)
- 16 Feb 2016 - Stefaan Hermans - Urban dimension of European employment and social priorities (DG Employment)
- 09 Feb 2016 - Jakub Cebula - EUROCITIES (DG Internal Market)
- 15 Oct 2015 - Commissioner Violeta Bulc - Meeting Eurocities representatives (DG Transport)
- 15 Oct 2015 - Friedrich-Nikolaus Von Peter - Meeting Eurocities representatives (DG Transport)
- 15 Oct 2015 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - European energy policy (DG Energy)
- 04 Sep 2015 - Silvia Bartolini - Smart Cities (DG Climate & Energy)
- 08 Jul 2015 - Peter Van Kemseke - Thought of Eurocities on the development of a Smart Cities Strategy; role of smart cities in the Energy Union and in decarbonisation policies. (DG Energy Union)
- 29 Jun 2015 - Director-General Karl-Friedrich Falkenberg - EGCA follow up (DG Environment)
- 18 May 2015 - Kamila Kloc - Digital Single Market and urban dimension of it. (DG Digital Single Market)
- 20 Apr 2015 - Commissioner Violeta Bulc - EUROCITIES representatives meeting Commissioner Bulc (DG Transport)
- 20 Apr 2015 - Andreja Kodrin - EUROCITIES representatives meeting Commissioner Bulc (DG Transport)
- 23 Mar 2015 - Peter Van Kemseke - Energy Union follow-up: local level (DG Energy Union)
- 26 Feb 2015 - Commissioner Pierre Moscovici - Relance de l'emploi en Europe (DG Economics & Tax)
- 04 Dec 2014 - Mikel Landabaso Alvarez - EU Urban agenda (DG Regional Policy)