CEMBUREAU - The European Cement Association (CEMBUREAU)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
400,000€ - 499,999€
Lobbyists declared: 4 FTE (9)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 25
Lobbying costs over the years:
CEMBUREAU - The European Cement Association (CEMBUREAU)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
The European Cement Association is the representative organisation of the cement industry in Europe. Currently, its Full Members are the national cement industry associations and cement companies of the European Union (except for Malta and Slovakia) plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey. Croatia and Serbia are Associate Members of CEMBUREAU. A cooperation agreement has been concluded with Vassiliko Cement in Cyprus.
The objectives of CEMBUREAU are:
1. The representation of the interests of the cement industry at European and international levels and particularly, but without exclusion towards the European Union.
2. The study of all issues of interest of the industry in the widest possible sense, in particular those of a scientific, technical, documentary, institutional and promotional nature and the search for and application of relevant solution.
Serviced by a multi-national staff in Brussels and with the input from its Members via four Working Groups as well as a number of Task Forces set up on an ad hoc basis and directly reporting to the appropriate Working Group, CEMBUREAU takes action in relation to all developments at European level affecting the cement industry.
CEMBUREAU publishes reports of relevance to the sector, including an annual Activity Report.
CEMBUREAU has a commercial subsidiary, Cimeurope S.A.R.L, whose mission is threefold:
Providing intellectual services to the cement industry in the field of energy;
Advising the cement industry on various topics upon request;
Promoting final markets for cement.
Cimeurope organises annual conferences such as “CEMPROSPECTs” (reviews the recent evolution of the steam coal and petcoke markets, freight and alternative fuels) and publishes CEMREVIEW, a report which focuses on the upstream energy markets.
Cimeurope also manages the REACH Consortium "Flue dust from the production of cement clinker".
• Climate and energy policies (EU ETS Revision for phase 4, 2050 Strategy) • Energy Union (EPBD implementation) • Air / Industrial Emissions (IED implementation, NEC, Mercury, related BREFs) • Circular Economy Package (Waste Framework Directive & Plastic Waste Strategy) • Biodiversity Strategy (Birds and Habitats Directives, Invasive Alien Species regulation) • REACH & Chemicals legislation (outside REACH) • Construction Products Regulation review • EU industrial policy • Directive 2003/96/EC review • Horizon Europe
Rue d'Arlon, 55
Tel: 32-02 234 10 11
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
• Alliance of Energy Intensive Industries
• Alliance for a Competitive European Industry
• European Construction Forum (ECF)
• Business Europe
• BUILD UP
• Construction Products Europe (CPE)
• European Concrete Platform (ECP)
• European Minerals Day
• European Network for Silica (NEPSI)
• Industrial Emissions Alliance
• Industrial Federation of Industrial Energy Consumers (IFIEC) Europe
• European Cement Research Academy (ECRA
• Non Energy Extractive Industries Panel (NEEIP)
• REACH Alliance
• Sustainable Process Industry through Resource and Energy Efficiency (SPIRE) Public-Private Partnership (PPP)
• Industry4Europe Coalition
• Vereinigung der Österreichischen Zementindustrie (VÖZ)
• Fédération de l’Industrie Cimentière Belge (Febelcem)
• Bulgarian Association of Cement Industry (BACI)
• Czech Cement Association
• Aalborg Portland A/S
• Kunda Nordic Cement Corporation
• Finnsementti Oy
• Syndicat Français de l’Industrie Cimentière (SFIC)
• Verein Deutscher Zementwerke e.V.
• Hellenic Cement Industry Association (HCIA)
• Magyar Cementipari Szövetzég (MCSZ)
• Cement Manufacturers Ireland
• Italian Technical and Economic Association of Cement
• CEMEX LATVIA
• Akmenes Cementas AB
• CIMALUX s.a.
• Eerste Nederlandse Cement Industry (ENCI)
• Norcem A.S.
• The Polish Cement Association (PCA)
• Technical Association of the Cement Industry (ATIC)
• Employers’ Organisation in Cement Industry and other Mineral Products for Construction in Romania (CIROM)
• Salonit Anhovo
• Association of Spanish Cement Producers (Oficemen)
• Cementa AB
• Turkish Cement Manufacturers’ Association (TCMA)
• Minerals Products Association (MPA)
• Croatia Cement
• Serbian Cement Industry Association
• Vassiliko Cement
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Expert Group on the exchange of information on Best Available Techniques related to industrial emissions (IED Article 13 Forum)#E02611 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=2611 #Member #C#Raw Materials Supply Group#E01353 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=1353 #Member #C#Innovation Fund Expert Group#E03593 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3593 #Member #C#Strategic Forum for Important Projects of Common European Interest (IPCEI)#E03583 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3583 #Member #C#Sherpas' group#Comité consultatif pour la sécurité et la santé sur le lieu de travail#X01211 #REINAUD Joséphine #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=1211 #Not a member #B#Industry#Standing Working Party#Commission operational expert group of the European Innovation Partnership on Raw Materials #E03392 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3392 #Member #C#Commission expert group on climate change policy #E03590 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3590 #Member #C#High Level expert Group on energy-intensive industries#E03326 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3326 #Member #C#Sub-group 2 - Developing climate-neutral solutions and financing their uptake #Sub-group 1 - Creation of markets for climate-neutral, circular economy #Sherpa Group#Sub-group 3 - Resources and deployment
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission25 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 21 Sep 2020 - Director-General Kerstin Jorna - Discuss their issues on construction and CO2 neutrality (DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs)
- 15 May 2020 - Linsey Mccallum - ETS and EEAG guidelines concerning Cement; digitalization of the construction sector (DG A Europe Fit for the Digital Age)
- 12 May 2020 - Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans - Recovery, climate neutrality, carbon border adjustment (DG European Green Deal)
- 20 Apr 2020 - Commissioner Thierry Breton - COVID 19 economic impact on Energy intensive industries (DG Internal Market)
- 05 Mar 2020 - Marius Vaščega - To address the Green Deal and its relevance for the cement industry. The overall discussion focused on the ambition of the industry to become carbon neutral along the cement and concrete value chain by 2050. (DG Environment, Oceans and Fisheries)
- 07 Feb 2020 - Dara Murphy - how cement can be a part of a sustainable and innovative EU (DG Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth)
- 05 Feb 2020 - Thor-Sten Vertmann - European cement industry in transition, role of cement in economy. Decarbonization possibilities in cement industry, CCS and CCU Technologies. Circular economy in cement industry. (DG Energy)
- 30 Jan 2020 - Alienor Margerit - BCG report on carbon leakage risks, (DG Economy)
- 04 Jun 2019 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - Les défis et les opportunités ouverts par la transition énergétique pour les industries du ciment (DG Energy)
- 04 Sep 2018 - Rolf Carsten Bermig - Alliance of Energy Intensive Industries - 2050 strategy (DG Internal Market)
- 04 Sep 2018 - Commissioner Elżbieta Bieńkowska - Alliance of Energy Intensive Industries - 2050 strategy (DG Internal Market)
- 31 Aug 2018 - Rolf Carsten Bermig - Energy Strategy (DG Internal Market)
- 03 Jul 2018 - Director-General Mauro Raffaele Petriccione - EU 2050 strategy (DG Climate Action)
- 21 Dec 2016 - Director-General Jos Delbeke - ETS revision, carbon leakage classification (DG Climate Action)
- 14 Sep 2015 - Maria-Myrto Kanellopoulou Denis Cajo - Meeting requested to present Energy Intensive Industries Alliance position on ETS post 2020 and COP21 (DG Development)
- 14 Jul 2015 - Director-General Daniel Calleja Crespo - European Minerals Days (DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs)
- 22 Jun 2015 - Peter van Kemseke - The position of the European Cement industry vis-à-vis European decarbonisation policy; challenges to the sector. (DG Energy Union)
- 03 Jun 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - New College and Better Regulation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 02 Jun 2015 - Heidi Jern - Circular Economy (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 01 Jun 2015 - Emma Udwin - ETS post 2020 (DG Budget and Administration)
- 28 Apr 2015 - Maria Da Graca Carvalho - Meeting with Mr Koppenholle (DG Research)
- 30 Mar 2015 - Mathieu Fichter - Presentation of the cement industry, the Concrete Initiative and links with Cohesion Policy (DG Regional Policy)
- 19 Mar 2015 - Inge Bernaerts - Employment and labour law issues (DG Employment)
- 19 Feb 2015 - Silvia Bartolini - Competitiviness, Energy Union and ETS review (DG Climate & Energy)
- 19 Feb 2015 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Competitiviness, Energy Union and ETS review (DG Climate & Energy)