WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
900,000€ - 999,999€
Lobbyists declared: 4.5 FTE (11)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 11
Meetings with European Commission: 14
Lobbying costs over the years:
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Afore Consulting is a European Public Affairs company, based in Brussels with a core strength in financial services, FinTech, sustainable finance and competition policy. Afore Consulting also advises companies and organizations on corporate governance practices, company law, relations with non-EU countries (especially US and Asia), Brexit, consumer protection, data privacy, information technology, energy policy, taxation and trade. Additional services provided by Afore Consulting include assisting clients in their regulatory strategies (including initial and ongoing authorisation) and commercial transactions, as well as offering specialised training courses.
Afore Consulting follows all legislative and non-legislative files impacting the financial services sector; most notably in banking, securities, insurance, asset management, pensions and payments. The team also covers Energy Union, the Digital Single Market, the Brexit negotiations, taxation and the trade agenda.
Avenue de Tervuren 168
Tel: 32 28086769
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Many of our daily public affairs activities do not fall into the narrow definition of the Register.
As a growing company, we have new team members join from time to time. This would then be taken into account in the next annual update.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
American Chamber of Commerce to the EU; Centre for European Policy Studies; American European Community Association (AECA), British Chamber of Commerce to the EU and QED.
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
Clients generating a turnover of 200000-299999 €
Moody's Investor Services
Clients generating a turnover of 100000-199999 €
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
Clients generating a turnover of 50000-99999 €
European Payment Institutions Federation
Clients generating a turnover of 25000-49999 €
Information Technology Group
Clients generating a turnover of 10000-24999 €
EU Asia Financial Services Roundtable
China Chamber of Commerce to the EU
Clients generating a turnover of 0-9999 €
British Insurance Brokers' Association
Bank of China
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Afore Consulting is a growing team, with each individual bringing their own area of expertise and experience to offer a targeted and added value service to our clients. This permits us to increase the range of services we provide and have them tailored to each client's specific needs. Afore Consulting’s EU Public Affairs activities range across a number of public affairs services, including monitoring, political risk, policy analysis, strategy development, contact programmes, conference and event organisation as well as media communications for companies and organisations. Afore Consulting also advises clients on specific commercial transactions.
Meetings with European Commission14 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 28 Feb 2018 - Filomena Chirico - Scaling up in Europe (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 30 Nov 2017 - Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis - Speech at Afore/AFISMA forum dinner on growth and investment in Europe, Fintech and sustainable finance (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 07 Nov 2017 - Elina Melngaile - payment innovation (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 11 Oct 2017 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - High-level dinner on the Future of Europe (DG Presidency)
- 30 May 2017 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Working dinner on green finance (DG Presidency)
- 29 Nov 2016 - Miguel Ceballos Baron - Trade financing (DG Trade)
- 04 Oct 2016 - Vasiliki Kokkori - Income Protection Gap (DG Employment)
- 19 May 2016 - Mette Toftdal Grolleman - CRR/CRD package (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 12 Feb 2016 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Financial Regulation (DG Presidency)
- 21 Jan 2016 - Denzil Davidson - Financial Services Policy (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 24 Feb 2015 - Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero Silvia Bartolini - EU policy on LNG (DG Climate & Energy)
- 16 Jan 2015 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Priorities of the new Commission in the area of Financial Services (DG Presidency)
- 08 Jan 2015 - Lee Foulger - Commission's priorities in the area of financial services in 2015 (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 02 Dec 2014 - Nathalie De Basaldua Lemarchand - Capital Markets Union (DG Euro & Financial Markets)