Society of Audiovisual Authors (SAA)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
300,000€ - 399,999€
Lobbyists declared: 3.5 FTE (4)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 1
Meetings with European Commission: 9
Lobbying costs over the years:
Society of Audiovisual Authors (SAA)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
The Society of Audiovisual Authors (SAA) is the grouping of Audiovisual Authors’ Collective Management Societies in Europe. Through its 31 members in 23 countries, it currently represents over 120,000 screenwriters and directors of films, TV programmes and other audiovisual works. The organisation’s objectives are:
• To defend and strengthen the economic and moral rights of audiovisual authors (screenwriters and directors);
• To develop, promote and facilitate the management of rights by member societies;
• To secure fair remuneration for audiovisual authors for every use of their works.
SAA was established in 2010 because of a perceived need to strengthen the legal position of audiovisual authors (screenwriters and directors) and to lobby for a fair, transparent and harmonised system of remuneration for the digital use of films and other audiovisual programmes.
Copyright/authors’ rights and broader Intellectual Property Policy Cultural policy Audiovisual policy Taxation policy Trade policy
Rue du Prince Royal, 87
Tel: 0032 02 894 93 30
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
SAA is not a member of any formal associations/(con)federations/networks or other bodies. We do collaborate with other European organisations on an ad hoc basis and are an observer of the EU Observatory on Infringements of IP rights.
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
SAA drafted written contributions to the following consultations: - European Commission consultation on Platforms - European Commission consultation on the Satellite and Cable Directive - European Commission consultation on the AVMS Directive - European Commission consultation on Copyright, December 2013 - European Commission consultation on converged media, August 2013 - Collective Rights Management Directive, April 2014 - European Parliament resolution on private copying levies - Participant in the Licences for Europe stakeholder dialogue, 2013
Meetings with European Commission9 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 22 Oct 2018 - Stig Joergen Gren - Copyright (DG Digital Single Market)
- 08 Mar 2017 - Stig Joergen Gren - Copyright, portability, AVMSD (DG Digital Single Market)
- 25 Nov 2015 - Stig Joergen Gren - copyright/cross border access (DG Digital Single Market)
- 13 Nov 2015 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Meeting with filmmakers and film associations on copyright, fight against piracy, cross-border access and portability of online content services (DG Digital Single Market)
- 13 Nov 2015 - Stig Joergen Gren Maximilian Strotmann - Meeting with filmmakers and film associations on copyright, fight against piracy, cross-border access and portability of online content services (DG Digital Single Market)
- 22 Jun 2015 - Stig Joergen Gren - Copyright, remuneration of authors (DG Digital Single Market)
- 22 Jun 2015 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Copyright, remuneration of authors (DG Digital Single Market)
- 21 Apr 2015 - Pauline Rouch - Digital Single Market (DG Presidency)
- 01 Dec 2014 - Pauline Rouch - Meeting with Meeting with Society of Audiovisual Authors SAA: discuss the future of the European audiovisual and copyright sectors (DG Presidency)