European Risk Forum (ERF)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
50,000€ - 99,999€
Lobbyists declared: 2.5 FTE (5)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 8
Lobbying costs over the years:
European Risk Forum (ERF)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
The European Risk Forum is an expert-led and not-for-profit Think Tank with the aim of promoting high quality risk assessment and risk management decisions by the EU institutions, and raising the awareness of risk management issues at EU-level.
In order to achieve this, the Forum applies the expertise of a well-established network of experts to ‘horizontal’, cross-sectoral issues. In particular, it addresses regulatory decision-making structures, tools and processes, as well as the risks and benefits of new and emerging technologies, of climate change, and of lifestyle choices.
The European Risk Forum has a number of initiatives currently ongoing including: - Events and the drafting of policy papers on Regulatory Cooperation under the TTIP Trade Agreement. -- Events and the drafting of policy papers on the establishment of a Law on Administrative Procedures in the EU to enhance the transparency of the regulatory process at EU level. - The promotion of the 'Innovation Principle' through events an policy notes to ensure that the EU maintains a regulatory environment conducive to innovation and growth.
Rue de la Loi, 227
Tel: 32 2 613 2828
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Animal Health Europe (0),
Cobalt Development Institute (0),
European Copper Institute (0)
Fipra International (0),
Henkel AG&Co (0),
MSD Animal Health (0),
Norilsk Nickel Europe(0),
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Full specified budget
View the full specified budget for this organisation on the Transparency Register website.
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
The ERF events host discussions among ERF members, senior officials of the EU, OECD and WTO, and leading scholars on risk regulation. - 3 ERF meetings per year - 5-6 ERF Lunch Seminars per year The ERF contributes to public consultations and issues policy briefs and notes (available from the website).
Meetings with European Commission8 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 21 Jan 2020 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - European Parliament’s repeated request to the COM to come forward with a legislative proposal for an EU law on open and independent effective European administration, based on article 295 of the Treaty. (DG Energy Union)
- 02 May 2018 - Marco Valletta - Review of General Food Law (DG Health)
- 02 May 2018 - Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis - Review of General Food Law (DG Health)
- 06 Oct 2016 - Director-General Anne Bucher - Lunch time debate on the new RSB (DG Regulatory Scrutiny Board)
- 17 Mar 2016 - Marco Valletta - Precaution principle and EFSA (DG Health)
- 12 May 2015 - Patricia Reilly - Science advice to policy and risk management (DG Education)
- 28 Apr 2015 - Patricia Reilly - Science advice and policy (DG Education)
- 12 Feb 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - Digital Single Market, Innovation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)