OMV Aktiengesellschaft (OMV)
Warning! As of 20 September 2021, the EU lobby register has changed format. Temporarily, the register is no longer providing daily data updates of all lobby data which means that the figures on LobbyFacts cannot currently be kept up-to-date. If, for example, you see a company, trade association, or lobby consultancy with "no figure available" for EU lobby costs, open the data card, and click the link to the EU lobby register where you will find the updated registration including EU lobby costs declaration. Regretably, under the lobby register format, NGOs and think tanks are no longer required to provide a figure for EU lobby costs. We will update LobbyFacts with the new data as soon as possible.
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
No figure available
Lobbyists declared: 1 FTE (1)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 15
Lobbying costs over the years:
OMV Aktiengesellschaft (OMV)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
OMV produces and markets oil, gas, chemical product and process solutions in a responsible way. Combining the chemical and mechanical recycling expertise of OMV and Borealis, the group aims to become a leader in the circular economy. Group sales revenues of EUR 17 bn and around 25,000 employees in 2020 make OMV one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies. In E&P, OMV has a strong base in CEE and a balanced international portfolio (average prod. 463,000 boe/d in 2020 with emphasis on natural gas). In OMV Refining and Marketing & Trading, OMV operates 3 refineries in Europe and owns a 15% share in ADNOC Refining and ADNOC Global Trading. OMV operates filling stations in Europe and runs gas storage facilities in Austria and Germany. From a traditional oil and gas company, OMV will become a global gas, oil and chemicals group, incl. expanded value chain from wellhead to refinery to high-quality plastics and recycling. With this, OMV is laying the ground for a lower-carbon future.
Follow-up respective EU legislative proposals in the fields of energy, environment, climate and trade. This includes, in extracts: - European Green Deal - Climate Law - Fit-for-55 Package - EU ETS - Energy Union - Security of Supply Issues - Renewable Energy Directive - Hydrogen and decarbonised gas market package - Energy Efficiency Directive - Industrial Emissions Directive - Circular Economy - Fuels Quality Directive - Decarbonisation of Transport - Energy Infrastructure - Internal Energy Market - Offshore Safety - Refining and Petrochemicals - Financial Regulation - Air Quality - 2030 and 2050 Climate and Energy Policy - European External Energy Policy - Chemical Strategy for Sustainability
Tel: 43 1404400
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
OMV is a member of the following organisations relevant to this register:
FUELSEUROPE - European Petroleum Industry Association
CONCAWE - Oil Companies' European Organization for
Environment Health and Safety in Refining and Distribution
IOGP - International Association of Oil & Gas Producers
BUSINESSEUROPE - European Industry Association
GIE - Gas Infrastructure Europe
HE - Hydrogen Europe
CEFIC - European Chemical Industry Council
OMV is also member of relevant national federations:
IV - Industriellenvereinigung (Federation of Austrian Industries)
WKÖ - Wirtschaftskammern Österreichs (Austrian Federal Economic Chamber)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
PLATFORM ON SUSTAINABLE FINANCE#X03731#https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/expert-groups-register/screen/expert-groups/consult?groupID=3731 #Member #C#Industry#Technical Working Group
Intergroups (European Parliament)
European Energy Forum
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission15 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 27 Sep 2021 - Commissioner Johannes Hahn - Current economic developments. Green transition. (DG Budget and Administration)
- 09 Feb 2021 - Andrea Beltramello - EU taxonomy of environmentally sustainable economic activities (DG An Economy that Works for People)
- 08 Nov 2018 - Bernd Biervert - Role of Gas, 2050 Communication (DG Energy Union)
- 31 May 2018 - Joachim Balke - CESEC (DG Climate & Energy)
- 14 Nov 2017 - Bernd Biervert - Introduction Head of OMV Brussels, Clean Energy Package (DG Energy Union)
- 04 Oct 2017 - Joachim Balke - Gas Infrastructure (DG Climate & Energy)
- 02 Jun 2016 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Gas infrastructure projects (DG Climate & Energy)
- 02 Jun 2016 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - Energy policy (DG Energy)
- 21 Mar 2016 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - EU energy policy (DG Energy)
- 20 Apr 2015 - Bernd Biervert Juraj Nociar - Gas storage (DG Energy Union)
- 20 Apr 2015 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - Gas storage (DG Energy Union)
- 24 Feb 2015 - Bernd Biervert - Energy Security - South East Central Europe region (DG Energy Union)
- 03 Feb 2015 - Bernd Biervert - Bilateral with Ms Schubert (DG Energy Union)
- 23 Jan 2015 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - Bilateral meeting with CEO Dr Gerhard Roiss (DG Energy Union)
- 22 Jan 2015 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - Oil and gas markets (DG Energy)