OMV Aktiengesellschaft (OMV)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
400,000€ - 499,999€
Lobbyists declared: 1 FTE (1)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 1
Meetings with European Commission: 13
Lobbying costs over the years:
OMV Aktiengesellschaft (OMV)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions – in a responsible way.
With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies. In Upstream, OMV has a strong base in Romania and Austria as part of the Central and Eastern Europe core region as well as a balanced international portfolio, with Russia, North Sea, Middle East and Africa as well as Asia-Pacific as further core regions. 2018 daily production stood at approximately 427,000 boe/d. In Downstream, OMV operates three refineries with a total annual processing capacity of 17.8 mn tons and more than 2,000 filling stations in ten countries. OMV runs gas storage facilities in Austria and Germany; its subsidiary Gas Connect Austria GmbH operates a gas pipeline network in Austria. In 2018, gas sales volumes amounted to around 114 TWh. Sustainability is an integral part of the corporate strategy. OMV is set to invest EUR 500 mn in innovative energy solutions by 2025.
OMV strives to earn stakeholders’ confidence by implementing a high standard of corporate governance and by maintaining high standards of transparency and predictability. The Company has therefore committed itself to compliance with the Austrian Code of Corporate Governance. Any deviations from the Code are disclosed and explained.
Follow-up respective EU legislative proposals in the fields of energy, environment, climate and trade. This includes, in extracts: - EU ETS - Energy Union - Security of Supply Issues - Renewable Energy Directive - Energy Efficiency Directive - Fuels Quality Directive - Decarbonisation of Transport - Energy Infrastructure - Internal Energy Market - Offshore Safety - Refining and Petrochemicals - Financial Regulation - Air Quality - 2030 Climate and Energy Policy - European External Energy Policy
Tel: 43 1404400
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
OMV is a member of the following organisations relevant to this register:
FUELSEUROPE - European Petroleum Industry Association
CONCAWE - Oil Companies' European Organization for
Environment Health and Safety in Refining and Distribution
IOGP - International Association of Oil & Gas Producers
BUSINESSEUROPE - European Industry Association
GIE - Gas Infrastructure Europe
OMV is also member of relevant national federations:
IV - Industriellenvereinigung (Federation of Austrian Industries)
WKÖ - Wirtschaftskammern Österreichs (Austrian Federal Economic Chamber)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
European Energy Forum
Meetings with European Commission13 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 08 Nov 2018 - Bernd Biervert - Role of Gas, 2050 Communication (DG Energy Union)
- 31 May 2018 - Joachim Balke - CESEC (DG Climate & Energy)
- 14 Nov 2017 - Bernd Biervert - Introduction Head of OMV Brussels, Clean Energy Package (DG Energy Union)
- 04 Oct 2017 - Joachim Balke - Gas Infrastructure (DG Climate & Energy)
- 02 Jun 2016 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Gas infrastructure projects (DG Climate & Energy)
- 02 Jun 2016 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - Energy policy (DG Energy)
- 21 Mar 2016 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - EU energy policy (DG Energy)
- 20 Apr 2015 - Bernd Biervert Juraj Nociar - Gas storage (DG Energy Union)
- 20 Apr 2015 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - Gas storage (DG Energy Union)
- 24 Feb 2015 - Bernd Biervert - Energy Security - South East Central Europe region (DG Energy Union)
- 03 Feb 2015 - Bernd Biervert - Bilateral with Ms Schubert (DG Energy Union)
- 23 Jan 2015 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - Bilateral meeting with CEO Dr Gerhard Roiss (DG Energy Union)
- 22 Jan 2015 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - Oil and gas markets (DG Energy)