Tata Steel Europe (Tata Steel Europe)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
200,000€ - 299,999€
Lobbyists declared: 1.75 FTE (4)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 12
Lobbying costs over the years:
Tata Steel Europe (Tata Steel Europe)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Tata Steel Europe is one of the EU's largest steel producers. With main steelmaking operations in the Netherlands and in the UK, they supply steel and related services to the construction, automotive, packaging, material handling and other demanding markets worldwide. Tata Steel is one of the world’s top 15 steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million tonnes and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. Tata Steel Europe's mission is to build the leading European steel business that is sustainable in every sense.
Green Deal, Industrial Strategy, Circular Economy, Competition, R&D, Trade, Digital Single Market
London SW1P 4WY
Tel: 4420 7717 4444
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Tata Steel in Europe is a member of Make UK, CBI, VNO-NCW, FME, VNMI, VEMW, ICC, Eurofer, Apeal
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Steel Advisory Group#X00808#MOONEN, Wim#http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=808 #Member #B#Industry
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Dr Wim Moonen, Mr Arjan van den Hoogen working for Tata Steel are members of the Steel Advisory Group (SAG) representing the common interest of organisations representing producers at European level.
Meetings with European Commission12 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 10 Jun 2021 - Commissioner Thierry Breton - Roundtable of the Clean Hydrogen Alliance: 3rd meeting of the co-chairs (DG Internal Market)
- 23 Mar 2021 - Diederik Samsom - European Green Deal (DG European Green Deal)
- 26 Jan 2021 - Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans - EU ETS, Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism, Circular economy (DG European Green Deal)
- 10 Sep 2020 - Commissioner Thierry Breton - EU industrial strategy (DG Internal Market)
- 23 Jul 2020 - Sarah Nelen Diederik Samsom - Low Carbon Roadmap (DG European Green Deal)
- 18 Feb 2019 - Director-General Jean-Eric Paquet - Horizon Europe (DG Research and Innovation)
- 14 Dec 2018 - Commissioner Julian King - industrial policy (DG Security)
- 04 Sep 2018 - Commissioner Elżbieta Bieńkowska - Alliance of Energy Intensive Industries - 2050 strategy (DG Internal Market)
- 04 Sep 2018 - Rolf Carsten Bermig - Alliance of Energy Intensive Industries - 2050 strategy (DG Internal Market)
- 03 Sep 2018 - Christian Burgsmueller - US 232 section on steel and aluminium + developments in global steel & aluminium market (DG Trade)
- 02 May 2018 - Director-General Joost Korte - Phone call interview: personal view on the steel industry and Tata Steel Europe (DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion)
- 24 Feb 2016 - Secretary-General Alexander Italianer - meeting with CEO's of steel industry (DG Secretariat-General)