WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
100,000€ - 199,999€
Lobbyists declared: 1 FTE (3)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 3
Meetings with European Commission: 16
Lobbying costs over the years:
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
With 50 year's experience, Enagás is Spain’s leading natural gas transmission company and Technical Manager of the Spanish gas system. It has around 12,000 Km of gas pipelines, three underground storage facilities in Serrablo (Huesca), Gaviota (Vizcaya) and Yela (Guadalajara) and four regasification plants in Barcelona, Huelva, Cartagena and Gijón. It also owns 50% of the BBG regasification plant in Bilbao and 72.5% of the Sagunto plant. In addition, Enagás holds the 100% of Gascan, a company in charge of the project to introduce natural gas into the Canary Islands.
Since Enagás came to market in 2002, it has formed part of the Ibex 35 index. It currently has a free float of 95%, one of the highest on the Spanish continuous market.
Enagas is present in several countries: Mexico, Chile, Peru, Greece, Albania and Italy. In addition, Enagás participates in the engineering project of a gas pipeline and a natural gas treatment plant in eastern Morocco.
Projects for descarbonisation:
Enagás boosts and develops national and international projects to contribute to the descarbonisation process and to improve air quality. They are initiatives focused on energy efficiency, the use of natural gas in transport, specially maritime transport, or the development of renewable gases (biogas/biomethane, hydrogen, etc), which can be transported by our pipelines network.
Enagás was certified by the European Commission as an independent Transmission System Operator (TSO) in August 2012. This accreditation guarantees the independence of the Spanish gas transmission network with respect to gas producers and distributors, and represents a milestone in the company's history.
- In general any EU Regulatory and Policy Development having a direct or indirect impact on the gas transmission, storage and LNG business as well as on the Spanish and EU gas industry. Among others, the main initiatives are: - Energy Union - Security of Gas Supply; - Gas Market Design - European Energy Supply Strategy - TEN-E regulation and Projects of Common Interest (PCIs) - Juncker's EU Investment Plan - Progress on Internal Gas Market implementation, including Network Codes development - ACER developments - REMIT - External dimension of the EU Energy Policy - EU Climate Policies, including the ETS Reform - LNG Strategy - Gas storage Strategy - Madrid Forum - Energy Infrastructure Forum - Gas for mobility (road and maritime transport) - Renewable gases - Gas Quality - CEF Funds / INEA developments - Environmental emissions regulations - Methane Emissions (leaks) from the gas system - etc
Paseo de los Olmos, 19
Tel: 34 902443700
Ixelles - Porte de Namur
Tel: 32 496125951
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Enagás has a permanent representative in Brussels.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
- Gas Infrastructure Europe (www.gie.eu)
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (www.entsog.eu)
- EASEE-gas (www.easee-gas.eu)
- GIIGNL (www.giignl.org)
- Marcogaz (www.marcogaz.org)
- NGVA (www.ngva.eu)
- Gas for Climate (www.gasforclimate2050.eu)
- GasNaturally (www.gasnaturally.eu)
- GERG (www.gerg.eu)
- Hydrogen Europe (www.hydrogeneurope.eu)
- ERGaR (www.ergar.eu)
- UfM Gas Platform (https://ufmsecretariat.org/)
- IGU (www.igu.org)
- SIGTTO (www.sigtto.org)
- FSR - EUI (http://fsr.eui.eu/)
- SEDIGAS (www.sedigas.es)
- CEOE (www.ceoe.es)
- Camara de Comercio de España (www.camara.es)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
In order to contribute to the EU initiatives/policies, Enagás participates in EU public consultations and events, and get in contact with members of the EU institutions (Parliament, Commission, etc.) Enagás also contributes and participates in activities which are under the scope of the Transparency Register through the different EU gas associations and initiatives where Enagas is a member (e.g. GIE, ENTSOG, Marcogaz, NGVA, GasNaturally, etc.) Enagás has set up his permanent representation in Brussels since October 2013.
Meetings with European Commission16 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 23 Jul 2019 - Miguel Angel SAGREDO FERNANDEZ Joachim Balke Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero - National Developments and EU Energy Market (DG Climate & Energy)
- 07 Feb 2019 - Joachim Balke - TSO Certificate (DG Climate & Energy)
- 18 Jan 2019 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Latest developments in the Energy sector in Spain and Europe (DG Climate & Energy)
- 30 Jan 2018 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (DG Climate & Energy)
- 11 Jan 2018 - Joachim Balke Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero - European funds for STEP (DG Climate & Energy)
- 17 Nov 2017 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - Energy policy (DG Energy)
- 17 Jul 2017 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - European Gas Markets (DG Climate & Energy)
- 27 Apr 2017 - Bernd Biervert - State of play TAP (DG Energy Union)
- 27 Apr 2017 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - State of play TAP (DG Energy Union)
- 24 May 2016 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Business Forum EU-ALGERIA (DG Climate & Energy)
- 12 Feb 2016 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Security of Supply and interconnections (DG Climate & Energy)
- 15 Jan 2016 - Gonzalo de Mendoza Asensi - Update on Gas quality issues (DG Climate & Energy)
- 10 Sep 2015 - Gonzalo de Mendoza Asensi - Interconnection, gas (DG Climate & Energy)
- 04 Sep 2015 - Joachim Balke Isaac Valero Ladron Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero - Security of supply and Energy diversification (DG Climate & Energy)
- 04 Sep 2015 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - gas and oil (DG Energy)
- 04 Sep 2015 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Security of supply and Energy diversification (DG Climate & Energy)