BVI Bundesverband Investment und Asset Management e.V. (BVI)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
2,500,000€ - 2,749,000€
Lobbyists declared: 10 FTE (16)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 7
Meetings with European Commission: 16
Lobbying costs over the years:
BVI Bundesverband Investment und Asset Management e.V. (BVI)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
The German Investment Funds Association BVI is the contact point for government and supervisory authorities on all issues related to the German Capital Investment Code (Kapitalanlagegesetzbuch, KAGB). It represents the interests of investment fund management companies - whether they invest in securities or tangible assets, pursue active or passive strategies, specialize in administration or portfolio management, or appeal to institutional or private investors. BVI’s more than 100 member companies manage assets of nearly three trillion euros for private investors, insurance companies, retirement benefit schemes, banks, churches and foundations.
Our role is to...
• represent the interests of investment management companies in political and regulatory matters at German, European and international level;
• be a centre of excellence, the first point of contact and advisor on the development and application of regulatory issues;
• be the main point of contact for politicians, administration and the media on all matters regarding the regulation of the investment industry;
• mediating between the investment industry and politicians;
• serve as a forum for discussion within the industry.
Selected EU initiatives currently being monitored by the BVI, include: - Securitisations (Regulation) - Prospectus (Regulation) - Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) / - Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (MiFIR) - Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) - Undertakings for the Collective Investment of Transferable Securities (UCITS Directive) - Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products (PRIIPs Regulation) - Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) - Benchmarks (Regulation) - Bank Structural Reform (Regulation) - Money Market Funds (Regulation) - Shareholder Rights Directive (SRD II) - Financial Transaction Tax (Directive) - Pan-European Personal Pension Product (Regulation) - ESA review - Capital Requirements Directive (CRD V) - Anti Money Laundering (Regulation) - European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) - Cross-border Distribution of Funds (CBDF) - Investment Firm Regulation/Directive (IFR/D) - Sustainable Finance Regulation Package (Taxonomy, Disclosures, Low-Carbon Benchmarks) - Fintech / Digitalisation / Artificial Intelligence / Cryptoassets - Market Abuse Regulation - Non-Financial Reporting Directive - Market Data Costs
Bockenheimer Anlage 15
Frankfurt am Main 60322
Tel: 4969 1540900
Rue du Trône 14-16
Tel: 32 22138240
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
50 employees are currently working for BVI.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
BVI is a member of the European Fund and Asset Management Association EFAMA, and actively supports the realisation of the concept of investment at European level as well as safeguarding of the interests of the German funds industry. In the international context, BVI as a member of the International Investment Funds Association IIFA works towards a creation of appropriate framework conditions for the activities of management companies.
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
BVI is committed to meeting the interests of its members in the regulatory environment. In particular, investment law (at EU level: UCITS Directive and AIFM Directive) is in the focus of BVI's lobbying activities. Certain aspects of capital market and banking law are also of importance for BVI members. In addition, the framework conditions for occupational and private pension provision, in which BVI member companies are increasingly involved, are becoming ever more relevant.
Meetings with European Commission16 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 25 Mar 2020 - Michele Piergiovanni Yizhou Ren - To discuss the cost of market data (DG A Europe Fit for the Digital Age)
- 22 Jan 2019 - Markus Schulte - MFF (DG Digital Economy)
- 23 Oct 2018 - David Boublil - Meeting on VAT rules to investment funds and for the financial sector. (DG Economics & Tax)
- 12 Jun 2018 - Andrea Beltramello - PRIIPs, Cross-border Fund Distribution, Sustainable Finance (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 15 May 2018 - Elina Melngaile - Sustainable Finance (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 26 Apr 2018 - Director-General Olivier Guersent - PEPP, PRIIPS, ESAs, Brexit (DG Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union)
- 21 Feb 2018 - Andrea Beltramello - ESAs review - CMU - PEPP (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 14 Sep 2017 - Marlene Madsen - MiFID (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 12 Jul 2017 - Marlene Madsen - Review of the ESAs (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 30 May 2017 - Tatyana Panova - ESA review; PEPP; Systemic risk of asset managers; AIFMD review (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 24 Apr 2017 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Financial services agenda (DG Presidency)
- 15 Mar 2017 - Marlene Madsen - ESA Review, AIFMD Review and systemic risks of asset managers (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 02 Feb 2017 - Jan Ceyssens - ESAs review; Macroprudential review (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 02 Feb 2017 - Tatyana Panova - CMU, Call for Evidence, AIFMD, ESAs (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 05 Nov 2015 - Commissioner Jonathan Hill - CMU; AIF; Recovery and resolution of funds and asset managers; (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 18 Feb 2015 - Commissioner Jonathan Hill - Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID)/Capital Markets Union (CMU) (DG Euro & Financial Markets)