Federation of European Publishers (FEP-FEE)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
200,000€ - 299,999€
Lobbyists declared: 2.5 FTE (4)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 4
Meetings with European Commission: 33
Lobbying costs over the years:
Federation of European Publishers (FEP-FEE)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
The Federation of European Publishers represents 29 national associations of publishers of books, learned journals and educational materials of the European Union, the European Economic Area and other European countries. Thus, FEP is the voice of the great majority of publishers in Europe. It acts in the name of publishers in the discussions and negotiations with the European Institutions concerning mostly the copyright legislation, information society, taxation and culture.
Initiatives in the field of taxation (direct and indirect), in the field of e-commerce including on interoperability, in the field of intellectual property rights, in the field of freedom of expression and in the field of culture.
Chaussée d'Ixelles, 29
Tel: 32 27701110
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
An intern (Daphnée Roch) is with FEP temporarily and will be removed from the list when she finishes her internship.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Expert Group on Forest-based Industries and Sectorally Related Issues#E01356 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=1356 #Member #C
Intergroups (European Parliament)
- Creative Industry intergroup - Digital Agenda intergroup
Industry forums (European Parliament)
European Internet Forum
The main lobbying activities are: Copyright, Taxation, Information society, Competition, Culture and other policies affecting book publishing (environmental issues, postal issues etc.)
Meetings with European Commission33 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 05 Jun 2018 - Director-General Themis Christophidou - Introduce FEP, discuss European Prize of Literature, taxation and copyright (DG Education and Culture)
- 31 Jan 2018 - Antoine Kasel - The VAT for digital publications (DG Presidency)
- 31 Jan 2018 - Commissioner Mariya Gabriel - copyright directive, ePrivacy, Open Data (DG Digital Economy)
- 20 Jun 2017 - Stig Joergen Gren - Copyright, presentation of Storytel (DG Digital Single Market)
- 01 Jun 2017 - Maximilian Strotmann - Copyright: Framing (DG Digital Single Market)
- 21 Feb 2017 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Copyright, VAT, R&D (DG Digital Single Market)
- 21 Feb 2017 - Stig Joergen Gren - Copyright, VAT, R&D (DG Digital Single Market)
- 27 Sep 2016 - Eduard Hulicius - Copyright reform and digital contract proposals (DG Justice)
- 07 Sep 2016 - Nele Eichhorn - copyright reform (DG Trade)
- 06 Sep 2016 - Szabolcs Horvath - Copyright reform (DG Education)
- 30 Aug 2016 - Alicja Magda HERBOWSKA - European Union Prize for Literature (DG Education)
- 18 Jul 2016 - Szabolcs Horvath - Digital Single Market (DG Education)
- 20 May 2016 - Kamila Kloc - e-commerce package including geo-blocking (DG Digital Single Market)
- 27 Apr 2016 - Alicja Magda HERBOWSKA - EU Prize for Literature (DG Education)
- 22 Apr 2016 - Marika LAUTSO-MOUSNIER - Modernisation of copyright, intellectual property (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 21 Mar 2016 - Pauline Rouch - Digital Single Market (DG Presidency)
- 17 Feb 2016 - Stig Joergen Gren - copyright (DG Digital Single Market)
- 15 Feb 2016 - Alicja Magda HERBOWSKA - London Book Fair (DG Education)
- 11 Jan 2016 - Stig Joergen Gren - Copyright, text and data mining, VAT on e-books (DG Digital Single Market)
- 11 Jan 2016 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Copyright, text and data mining, VAT on e-books (DG Digital Single Market)
- 16 Nov 2015 - Eduard Hulicius - Copyright issues (DG Justice)
- 16 Nov 2015 - Sebastian Kuck - Digital Single Market (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 03 Nov 2015 - Szabolcs Horvath - Digital Single Market (DG Education)
- 26 Oct 2015 - Fabien Dell - livre électronique (DG Economics & Tax)
- 02 Jul 2015 - Friedrich Wenzel Bulst - Digital Single Market and Copyright Reform (DG Competition)
- 24 Jun 2015 - Stig Joergen Gren - online e-lending, copyright (DG Digital Single Market)
- 01 Apr 2015 - Commissioner Tibor Navracsics - Copyright, Educational publishing (DG Education)
- 01 Apr 2015 - Adrienn Kiraly - Copyright, Educational publishing (DG Education)
- 12 Jan 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - Digital Single Market, Copyright and Innovation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 12 Jan 2015 - Director-General Xavier Prats Monné - Federation of European Publishers (to discuss challenges of European editing) (DG Education and Culture)
- 12 Jan 2015 - Director-General Xavier Prats Monné - Les défis de l'édition européenne et la contribution à la diversité culturelle (DG Education and Culture)
- 05 Dec 2014 - Heidi Jern - The publishing sector and priorities in the copyright field (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 01 Dec 2014 - Pauline Rouch - Meeting with Fédération des Editeurs Européens to discuss author rights and their priorities (DG Presidency)