Associazione Bancaria Italiana (ABI)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
1,750,000€ - 1,999,999€
Lobbyists declared: 7.25 FTE (10)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 5
Meetings with European Commission: 21
Lobbying costs over the years:
Associazione Bancaria Italiana (ABI)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
With over 600 members, the Italian Banking Association (ABI) is the largest national banking association in Europe representing not only banks, but also the rest of the financial system. The Association promotes the knowledge and awareness of social values and actions inspired by the principles of sound and proper entrepreneurship, as well as the creation of a free and competitive market. It represents, defends and promotes the legitimate common interests of the banking and financial systems. It is the spokesman for all banks, large, medium-sized and small. It is also the voice of the rest of the financial system (excluding the insurance industry): leasing and factoring companies, trust companies, securities investment firms and asset management companies.
EU governance; Banking Union; Prudential requirements; Investment plan for Europe; Capital Markets Union;Digital Single Market Strategy; Retail financial services; Fintech; Sustainable Finance; Banking Recovery and Resolution; EBA, ESMA, EIOPA consultations; EESC etc.
Piazza del Gesu', 49
Tel: 39 0667671
Avenue de la joyeuse entrée 1
Tel: 32 22742292
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
ABI is member of the European Banking Federation (EBF), the European Mortgage Federation (EMF), Federazione delle Banche, Assicurazioni e Finanza (FEBAF).
ABI is member of the Employer's Group of the EESC (see https://www.eesc.europa.eu/en/members-groups/groups/employers-group)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
ABI is interested in and it takes part in activities related to financial services legislation, regulation and supervision pertaining to banking and financial markets.
Meetings with European Commission21 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 02 Oct 2020 - Maria Elena Scoppio - Digital Taxation (DG Economy)
- 28 May 2020 - Commissioner Paolo Gentiloni - Covid-19 impact in Euro and Italian area (DG Economy)
- 05 Mar 2020 - Marco Piantini - COVID-19 (DG Economy)
- 04 Feb 2020 - Director-General John Berrigan - Basel 3, CMU and Sustainable finance (DG Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union)
- 23 Jan 2020 - Jérôme Deslandes - Economic situation in Italy; Discussion on Basel III with a particular focus on SMEs and green investment (DG An Economy that Works for People)
- 05 Sep 2019 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Banking regulation (DG Presidency)
- 27 Mar 2019 - Director-General Stefano Manservisi - Meeting with Mr Cornelli - Exchange about new sustainable finance instruments (DG International Cooperation and Development)
- 27 Jun 2018 - Arianna Vannini - Banking Union (DG External Action)
- 11 Apr 2018 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Banking Union Package (DG Presidency)
- 21 Nov 2017 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Financial services agenda (DG Presidency)
- 11 Oct 2017 - High Representative / Vice-President Federica Mogherini - Banking Union (DG External Action)
- 28 Sep 2017 - Arianna Vannini - Financial services (DG External Action)
- 30 Mar 2017 - Massimo Suardi - update on banking regulation and review of BRRD and SRMR (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 28 Sep 2016 - Massimo Suardi - Basel, BSR (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 24 May 2016 - Director-General Marco Buti - Non-performing loans and "Atlante" fund (DG Economic and Financial Affairs)
- 14 Apr 2016 - Juho Romakkaniemi - Italian economy and banking sector (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 01 Dec 2015 - Arianna Vannini - Banquing Union (DG External Action)
- 23 Jul 2015 - Sebastian Kuck - Situation of the banking sector and the economy in Italy in general (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 12 May 2015 - Matthew Baldwin - Financial Policy (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 13 Apr 2015 - Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis - Meeting with social partners (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 13 Apr 2015 - Massimo Suardi - Meeting with social partners (DG Euro & Financial Markets)