World Economic Forum
LobbyFacts currently only presents data from the EU lobby transparency register up to 19 September 2021. This is due to recent changes made by the EU register; we are working to present these on LobbyFacts as soon as possible.
This representative is currently not registered.
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
10,000€ - 24,999€
Lobbyists declared: 1.5 FTE (4)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 7
Lobbying costs over the years:
World Economic Forum
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
The World Economic Forum
- is the International Organization for Public Private Cooperation committed to improving the state of the world
- engages political, business, academic and other leaders of society in collaborative efforts to shape global, regional and industry agendas. Together with other stakeholders, it works to define challenges, solutions and actions, always in the spirit of global citizenship.
- serves and builds sustained communities through an integrated concept of high-level meetings, research networks, task forces and digital collaboration.
- delivers unique value to its Partners, Members and Constituents through its Annual and Regional Meetings, its Centres dedicated to global, regional, and industry issues, its future-oriented communities of New Champions, its expert networks of Global Agenda Councils, its TopLink knowledge and interaction platform and the Forum Academy.
- was established in 1971 as a not-for-profit Foundation and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. It is independent, impartial and not tied to any special interests, working in close cooperation with all major international organisations.
- strives in all its efforts to demonstrate entrepreneurship in the global public interest while upholding the highest standards of governance. Moral and intellectual integrity is at the heart of everything it does.
EU agenda on growth and competitiveness; science, innovation and entrepreneurship; trade and external relations; employment and migration; health; mobility; energy and climate policies; new technologies and infrastructure.
World Economic Forum Switzerland Route de la capite 91-93 Route de la capite 91-93
Tel: 41 228691212
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Paying members comprise over a thousand of the world's top corporations. Please visit our website for more information: www.weforum.org/our-members
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Full specified budget
View the full specified budget for this organisation on the Transparency Register website.
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission7 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 19 Jan 2017 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Courtesy visit with Prof. Klaus Schwab (DG Digital Single Market)
- 12 Oct 2016 - Arianna Vannini - World Economic Forum - Annual Meeting (DG External Action)
- 27 Sep 2016 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Working lunch on Telecom reforms and roaming (DG Digital Single Market)
- 10 Jun 2016 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Internet governance, DSM (DG Digital Single Market)
- 10 Mar 2016 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Digital Single Market (DG Digital Single Market)
- 21 Jan 2016 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Courtesy visit with Prof. Klaus Schwab (DG Digital Single Market)
- 02 Jul 2015 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Digital Single Market strategy (DG Digital Single Market)