UBS Group AG (UBS)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
1,250,000€ - 1,499,999€
Lobbyists declared: 1.5 FTE (6)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 1
Meetings with European Commission: 13
Lobbying costs over the years:
UBS Group AG (UBS)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
UBS draws on its 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in Switzerland. Its business strategy is centered on its pre-eminent global wealth management businesses and its leading universal bank in Switzerland, complemented by its Asset Management business and its Investment Bank, with a focus on capital efficiency and businesses that offer a superior structural growth and profitability outlook.
Headquartered in Zurich and Basel, Switzerland, UBS is present in all major financial centers worldwide and employs about 60,000 people around the world. It has offices in more than 50 countries.
Under Swiss company law, UBS is organized as an Aktiengesellschaft, a corporation that has issued shares of common stock to investors. UBS Group AG is the holding company of the UBS Group (Group). The operational structure of the Group comprises the Corporate Center and five business divisions: Wealth Management, Wealth Management Americas, Private & Corporate, Asset Management and the Investment Bank.
UBS follows a broad range initiatives and policies of relevance to the financial services industry.
Tel: 41 442341111
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
A number of UBS staff is engaged in regular communications with EU institutions in Brussels with varying degrees of intensity.
In addition, subject matter experts are interacting from time to time with EU institutions or are involved in consultations. As their efforts account to less than 5% of their respective work time these experts are not counted for the purpose of the Transparency Register
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
UBS is member of different trade associations and organisations related to the financial services sector in the EU, such as the Swiss Finance Council, AFME, UK Finance, EFAMA, EFR, EPFSF, Eurofi, and others (non-exhaustive list).
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission13 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 21 Jun 2018 - Commissioner Margrethe Vestager - EU Current Affairs (DG Competition)
- 26 Jan 2018 - Simon O'Connor - discussed EU-CH relations including CH's inclusion in the list of non-cooperative tax jurisdictions (DG Economics & Tax)
- 26 Jan 2018 - Commissioner Pierre Moscovici - discussed EU-CH relations including CH's inclusion in the list of non-cooperative tax jurisdictions (DG Economics & Tax)
- 01 Dec 2017 - Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis - Introductory remarks and roundtable with EU financial industry and AFISMA/European Chamber of Commerce on financial reforms and banking union (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 04 Oct 2016 - Director-General Marco Buti - Investor roundtable (DG Economic and Financial Affairs)
- 13 Jul 2016 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - digitising banking (DG Digital Economy)
- 18 Feb 2016 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - DSM (DG Digital Economy)
- 20 Jan 2016 - Edward Bannerman - European financial sector outlook (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 20 Jan 2016 - Vice-President Jyrki Katainen - European financial sector outlook (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 26 Mar 2015 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Digital Single Market (DG Presidency)
- 25 Mar 2015 - Miguel Gil Tertre Edward Bannerman - Investment plan and EU economic outlook (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 04 Feb 2015 - Ioana Diaconescu - Monetary and fiscal policy, growth and jobs (DG Economics & Tax)
- 20 Jan 2015 - Commissioner Jonathan Hill - Implementation/completion of the financial reform/prospects for further financial regulation and CMU (DG Euro & Financial Markets)