News Media Europe (NME)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
200,000€ - 299,999€
Lobbyists declared: 3 FTE (3)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 3
Meetings with European Commission: 10
Lobbying costs over the years:
News Media Europe (NME)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
News Media Europe represents and promoting the interests of the European news media industry. The association represents over 2200 news brands, in print and online, on radio or television.
Media Freedom, Copyright, Taxation, Data & Advertising, Competition & Sustainability, News Print
Square de Meeûs, 25
Tel: 32 473685864
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
WAN IFRA (http://wan-ifra.org)
Flemish News Media - Belgium
Estonian Newspaper Association (EALL) - Estonia
Danske Medier - Denmark
Finnish Newspapers Association - Finland
NDP Nieuwsmedia - Holland
NewsBrands Ireland - Republic of Ireland
Norwegian Media Businesses' Association - Norway
Spanish Newspapers Publishers’ Association (AEDE) - Spain
Swedish Media Publishers' Association - Sweden
News Media Association - United Kingdom
The Hungarian Publishers’ Association - Hungary
Cyprus Newspaper & Magazines Publishers Association - Cyprus
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission10 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 17 Apr 2020 - Commissioner Thierry Breton - Economic impact of COVID-19 (DG Internal Market)
- 17 Feb 2020 - Marie Frenay - Media freedom, media pluralism (DG Values and Transparency)
- 17 Oct 2018 - Marie Frenay - Media Policy, disinformation (DG Digital Single Market)
- 02 Oct 2018 - Director-General Johannes Laitenberger - To discuss aspects of News Media Europe’s report on Safeguarding the Economic Sustainability of Europe’s News Media Ecosystem (DG Competition)
- 18 May 2018 - Andrea Almeida Cordero - gender equality (DG Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth)
- 16 Mar 2018 - Director-General Roberto Viola - News media and the EU digital single market, Online platforms, Current DSM proposals (on ePrivacy, AVMS, Copyright) (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 31 Jan 2018 - Antoine Kasel - The VAT for digital publications (DG Presidency)
- 09 Nov 2017 - Manuel Mateo-Goyet - Copyright, Fake News and AVMSD (DG Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth)
- 04 Sep 2017 - Manuel Mateo-Goyet - Copyright, AVMSD, Fake News (DG Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth)
- 09 Mar 2016 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - copyright (DG Digital Economy)