ExxonMobil Petroleum & Chemical (EMPC)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
3,250,000€ - 3,499,999€
Lobbyists declared: 5 FTE (12)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 4
Meetings with European Commission: 35
Lobbying costs over the years:
ExxonMobil Petroleum & Chemical (EMPC)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
ExxonMobil is one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy providers and chemical manufacturers, develops and applies next-generation technologies to help safely and responsibly meet the world’s growing needs for energy and high-quality chemical products. An industry leader in almost every aspect of the energy and chemical manufacturing businesses, we operate facilities or market products in most of the world’s countries, explore for oil and natural gas on six continents, and research and develop next-generation technologies to help meet the dual challenge of fueling global economies while addressing the risks of climate change. In Europe we have been helping to meet energy demand for over 135 years. We are one of Europe's largest suppliers of oil and gas, a major refiner of crude oil for fuels and lubricants, and one of Europe's leading petrochemical companies, employing over 13,500 people across 16 European countries.
EU initiatives falling broadly under the categories of energy, climate, environment, sustainability, transport and trade. For example: Green Deal, Circular Economy, Natural Gas Policy, Industrial Policy, REACH, Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability and Sustainable Finance
Tel: 32 22393111
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
This is our estimate of Full Time Equivalent Employees which may be involved in activities falling under the scope of the Transparency Register.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
List of main EU organizations with activities related to the scope of the Register, of which ExxonMobil subsidiaries are members:
- European trade associations: CONCAWE/FuelsEurope, IOGP, CEFIC, AmCham EU, BusinessEurope, PlasticsEurope, Petrochemicals Europe
ExxonMobil subsidiaries in the EU are also members of national trade and industry associations which may have varying degrees of engagement with European Institutions.
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
European Energy Forum, Kangaroo Group
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission35 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 26 Apr 2021 - Helena Braun - EU Circular Economy Action Plan and chemical recycling (DG European Green Deal)
- 15 Apr 2021 - Director-General Mauro Raffaele Petriccione - Decarbonizing oil and gas industry (DG Climate Action)
- 13 Apr 2021 - Filip Alexandru Negreanu Arboreanu - Energy research and emerging technologies, including low-carbon hydrogen and advanced biofuels. (DG Transport)
- 23 Mar 2021 - Diederik Samsom - European Green Deal (DG European Green Deal)
- 17 Jul 2020 - Stefano Grassi Kitti Nyitrai - Discussion on energy technologies for emissions reduction and climate neutrality (DG Energy)
- 15 May 2020 - Kitti Nyitrai - follow-up to the Commissioner’s meeting with CEFIC (DG Energy)
- 11 May 2020 - Commissioner Thierry Breton - Discussion on the impact of COVID-19 (DG Internal Market)
- 17 Jan 2020 - Director-General Henrik Hololei - Low-carbon fuels (DG Mobility and Transport)
- 14 Jan 2020 - Director-General Daniel Calleja Crespo - Sustainability and circular economy (DG Environment)
- 07 May 2019 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - energy policy (DG Energy)
- 09 Apr 2019 - Director-General Olivier Guersent - Sustainable finance (DG Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union)
- 03 Dec 2018 - Sebastien Paquot - Chemical Recycling (DG Environment)
- 23 Nov 2018 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - energy policy (DG Energy)
- 04 Sep 2018 - Commissioner Elżbieta Bieńkowska - Alliance of Energy Intensive Industries - 2050 strategy (DG Internal Market)
- 04 Sep 2018 - Rolf Carsten Bermig - Alliance of Energy Intensive Industries - 2050 strategy (DG Internal Market)
- 12 Jun 2018 - Director-General Mauro Raffaele Petriccione - EU policy regarding climate, energy and transport (DG Climate Action)
- 25 Apr 2018 - Commissioner Christos Stylianides - update of exploration activities offshore Cyprus (DG Humanitarian Aid)
- 15 Mar 2018 - Bernd Biervert - East Med Gas Exploration (DG Energy Union)
- 07 Sep 2017 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - energy policy development (DG Energy)
- 06 Jun 2017 - Director-General Jos Delbeke - International climate action / Paris Agreement (DG Climate Action)
- 17 May 2017 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - Energy developments (DG Energy)
- 26 Jan 2017 - Director-General Henrik Hololei - future of transportation and the European context (DG Mobility and Transport)
- 13 Jul 2016 - Director-General Jos Delbeke - Carbon capture and storage (DG Climate Action)
- 24 Feb 2016 - Director-General Henrik Hololei - Communication on the decarbonisation of transport (DG Mobility and Transport)
- 13 Jan 2016 - Peter van Kemseke - presentation of the positions of Exxonmobil, in particular on decarbonisation of transport (DG Energy Union)
- 01 Dec 2015 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - European gas markets (DG Energy)
- 21 Oct 2015 - Maria Da Graca Carvalho - Research and Innovation in the scope of Energy Union (DG Research)
- 06 Oct 2015 - Silvia Bartolini - EU Road transport policy post 2020 (DG Climate & Energy)
- 26 Aug 2015 - Shane Sutherland - Transport Policy (DG Trade)
- 30 Jun 2015 - Friedrich-Nikolaus von Peter - Meeting with ExxonMobil (DG Transport)
- 05 Jun 2015 - Director-General Jos Delbeke - ETS / 2030 (DG Climate Action)
- 07 May 2015 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - Presentation of company, Energy Union, world Energy market (DG Energy Union)
- 06 May 2015 - Peter van Kemseke - Decarbonisation of transports (DG Energy Union)
- 18 Mar 2015 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Energy Union (Security of supply) (DG Climate & Energy)
- 18 Mar 2015 - Joachim Balke - Energy Union (Security of supply) (DG Climate & Energy)