ExxonMobil Petroleum & Chemical (EMPC)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
3,250,000€ - 3,499,999€
Lobbyists declared: 5.25 FTE (12)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 5
Meetings with European Commission: 13
Lobbying costs over the years:
ExxonMobil Petroleum & Chemical (EMPC)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
ExxonMobil is one of Europe's largest oil and gas producers, a major refiner of crude oil for fuels and lubricants, and one of Europe's leading petrochemical companies. ExxonMobil's primary role - and most important benefit to society - is to safely provide reliable and affordable energy supplies to people around the world. Doing this well is essential to improving standards of living, and we are committed to doing so in a financially, environmentally and socially responsible manner.
EU initiatives falling broadly under the categories of energy, environment and chemicals. For example: EU energy strategy 2030, EU ETS, Energy Union (Clean Energy Package), trade, GHG related legislation, biofuel legislation and renewable energy, transport fuels related initiatives, Industrial Emissions Directive, Air Quality, REACH, phthalates, natural gas policy including shale gas, energy efficiency legislation, HC Guidance Document, sustainable finance, EU 2050 long-term climate strategy.
Tel: 32 22393111
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
This is our estimate of Full Time Equivalent Employees which may be involved in activities falling under the scope of the Transparency Register.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
List of main EU organizations with activities related to the scope of the Register, of which ExxonMobil subsidiaries are members (2016):
- European trade associations: CONCAWE/FuelsEurope, IOGP, CEFIC, AmCham EU, BusinessEurope
ExxonMobil subsidiaries in the EU are also members of national trade and industry associations which may have varying degrees of engagement with European Institutions.
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission13 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 03 Dec 2018 - Sebastien Paquot - Chemical Recycling (DG Environment)
- 26 Oct 2018 - First Vice-President Frans Timmermans - Discussion about Plastics Strategy, Circular economy (DG Better Regulation)
- 25 Apr 2018 - Commissioner Christos Stylianides - update of exploration activities offshore Cyprus (DG Humanitarian Aid)
- 15 Mar 2018 - Bernd Biervert - East Med Gas Exploration (DG Energy Union)
- 27 Sep 2017 - Anthony Agotha - Discussion on the Future of Europe (DG Better Regulation)
- 14 Jan 2016 - Bernardus Smulders - AECA Round-Table on “Dealing with Regulatory Burden (DG Better Regulation)
- 13 Jan 2016 - Peter Van Kemseke - presentation of the positions of Exxonmobil, in particular on decarbonisation of transport (DG Energy Union)
- 06 Oct 2015 - Silvia Bartolini - EU Road transport policy post 2020 (DG Climate & Energy)
- 26 Aug 2015 - Shane Sutherland - Transport Policy (DG Agriculture)
- 07 May 2015 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - Presentation of company, Energy Union, world Energy market (DG Energy Union)
- 06 May 2015 - Peter Van Kemseke - Decarbonisation of transports (DG Energy Union)
- 18 Mar 2015 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Energy Union (Security of supply) (DG Climate & Energy)
- 18 Mar 2015 - Joachim Balke - Energy Union (Security of supply) (DG Climate & Energy)