Pfizer Inc. (PFE)
LobbyFacts currently only presents data from the EU lobby transparency register up to 19 September 2021. This is due to recent changes made by the EU register; we are working to present these on LobbyFacts as soon as possible.
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
1,250,000€ - 1,499,999€
Lobbyists declared: 2 FTE (6)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 3
Meetings with European Commission: 13
Lobbying costs over the years:
Pfizer Inc. (PFE)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
At Pfizer, we apply science and our global resources to bring therapies to people that extend and significantly improve their lives. We strive to set the standard for quality, safety and value in the discovery, development and manufacture of health care products. Our global portfolio includes medicines and vaccines. Consistent with our responsibility as one of the world's premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies, we collaborate with health care providers, governments and local communities to support and expand access to reliable, affordable health care around the world. For more than 150 years, Pfizer has worked to make a difference for all who rely on us. In 2020 Pfizer's full year revenue was $42 billion, with approx. 9.4bn invested in research and development. To learn more, please visit us at www.pfizer.com.
EU Incentives review, pharmaceutical strategy, Pediatric & Orphan Review, Joint actions related to AMR, Vaccines and HTA, HTA Regulation proposal, Pharmaceuticals in the Environment, IMI and research programs, trade negotiations, tax such as proposal on public country-by-country reporting (CBCR), Covid 19 vaccines & therapeutics procurement, HERA & biopreparedness.
East 42nd Street, 235
New York NY 10017
Tel: 1 2127332323
Boulevard de la Plaine 17
Tel: 32 25546211
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
2 colleagues are full-time engaged in the Brussels office and spend approx. 50% of their time on EU affairs. Moreover, 2 other colleagues engaged in Brussels spend about 25%, and 2 colleagues spend about 10-15%. Finally, a number of colleagues (not based in Brussels) spend between 0-10%< of their time.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
In 2020 Pfizer was a member of: EFPIA, Vaccines Europe, EuropaBio, Amcham EU, BusinessEurope, TABC & AECA
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Pharmaceuticals, healthcare, innovation and research, intellectual property, business competitiveness, trade, environment
Meetings with European Commission13 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 18 Oct 2021 - Roberto Reig Rodrigo Giorgios Rossides - Call with Pfizer’s Regional President for Vaccines, Mr. Sinan Atlig, to discuss the implementation of COVID-19 vaccines Advance Purchase Agreement (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 16 Jun 2021 - Vice-President Margaritis Schinas - Supply chains for medicines (DG Promoting our European Way of Life)
- 16 Jun 2021 - Maria Luisa Llano Cardenal - Supply chains for medicines (DG Promoting our European Way of Life)
- 10 Apr 2021 - Commissioner Thierry Breton - Vaccine production and deliveries (DG Internal Market)
- 21 Feb 2021 - Commissioner Thierry Breton - COVID-19 vaccines production (DG Internal Market)
- 27 Nov 2018 - Nele Eichhorn - EU-US relations, trade aspects of Brexit (DG Trade)
- 29 Nov 2017 - Annika Nowak - Pharmaceutical incentives, antimicrobial resistance (DG Health)
- 29 Nov 2017 - Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis - Pharmaceutical incentives, antimicrobial resistance (DG Health)
- 21 Nov 2017 - Vice-President Jyrki Katainen - Internal Market's industrial property legal framework relating to supplementary protection certificates (SPC) and patent research exemptions; innovation in the pharmaceutical industry (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 01 Sep 2017 - Commissioner Pierre Moscovici - Exchange of views on the Italian and euro zone economies and priorities for reform (DG Economics & Tax)
- 01 Sep 2017 - Simon O'Connor - Exchange of views on the Italian and euro zone economies and priorities for reform (DG Economics & Tax)
- 02 Mar 2015 - Annika Nowak - Access to innovative medicine (DG Health)
- 27 Jan 2015 - Rolf Carsten Bermig - Introductory meeting (DG Internal Market)