Airbnb Ireland UC
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
600,000€ - 699,999€
Lobbyists declared: 2 FTE (5)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 1
Meetings with European Commission: 18
Lobbying costs over the years:
Airbnb Ireland UC
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong when they travel by being connected to local cultures and having unique travel experiences. Its community marketplace provides access to millions of unique accommodations from apartments and villas to castles and treehouses in more than 65,000 cities and 191 countries.
With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests, while Places lets people discover the hidden gems of a city as recommended by the people that live there. Airbnb is people powered and the easiest way to earn a little extra income from extra space in a home or from sharing passions, interests and cities.
Tourism Policy, Digital Agenda, Digital Single Market, e-Commerce, Data Protection, e-Privacy, Taxation, Single Market, Consumer Rights, Competition Policy.
The Watermarque Building South Lotts Road South Lotts Road
Dublin 4 ,
Tel: 353 1 855-424-7262
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
European Holiday Home Association
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission18 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 18 Sep 2018 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - Consumers protection (DG Justice)
- 18 Sep 2018 - Wojtek Talko Eduard Hulicius - Consumers protection (DG Justice)
- 18 Sep 2018 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - CPC action concerning the EU consumer law compliance of the terms and conditions of Airbnb (DG Justice)
- 18 Sep 2018 - Eduard Hulicius - CPC action concerning the EU consumer law compliance of the terms and conditions of Airbnb (DG Justice)
- 06 Sep 2018 - David Boublil - Meeting to discuss the digital service tax. (DG Economics & Tax)
- 06 Sep 2018 - Stig Joergen Gren Juhan Lepassaar - Platform-to-business (DG Digital Single Market)
- 01 Mar 2017 - Head of the EPSC Ann Mettler - Collaborative Economy (DG European Political Strategy Centre)
- 08 Nov 2016 - Thibaut KLEINER - Internet platforms (DG Digital Economy)
- 20 Sep 2016 - Commissioner Elżbieta Bieńkowska - innovation, start-ups, collaborative economy (DG Internal Market)
- 20 Sep 2016 - Tomasz Husak Fabrice Comptour - innovation, start-ups, collaborative economy (DG Internal Market)
- 05 Sep 2016 - Sebastian Kuck - Collaborative economy (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 08 Jul 2016 - Fabrice Comptour - collaborative economy (DG Internal Market)
- 24 May 2016 - Fabrice Comptour - Collaborative economy (DG Internal Market)
- 24 May 2016 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Platforms, collaborative economy, startups (DG Digital Single Market)
- 24 May 2016 - Maximilian Strotmann - Platforms, collaborative economy, startups (DG Digital Single Market)
- 29 Sep 2015 - Simona Constantin Eduard Hulicius - Sharing ecnonomy and the accommodation sector (DG Justice)
- 28 Sep 2015 - Fabrice Comptour - Digital Agenda, sharing economy (DG Internal Market)
- 28 Sep 2015 - Grzegorz Radziejewski - Digital Single Market (DG Jobs & Growth)