Gilead Sciences (GILD)
Warning! As of 20 September 2021, the EU lobby register has changed format. Temporarily, the register is no longer providing daily data updates of all lobby data which means that the figures on LobbyFacts cannot currently be kept up-to-date. If, for example, you see a company, trade association, or lobby consultancy with "no figure available" for EU lobby costs, open the data card, and click the link to the EU lobby register where you will find the updated registration including EU lobby costs declaration. Regretably, under the lobby register format, NGOs and think tanks are no longer required to provide a figure for EU lobby costs. We will update LobbyFacts with the new data as soon as possible.
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
700,000€ - 799,999€
Lobbyists declared: 1.5 FTE (2)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 10
Lobbying costs over the years:
Gilead Sciences (GILD)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company’s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases. Gilead has operations in more than 38 countries worldwide.
EU initiatives relevant to HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B & C and oncology - ATMP Regulation - EU IP policy - EU research policy - EU trade policy - Health Systems Performance Assessment - Health Technology Assessment & Market Access - Industrial policy - Outcomes-based healthcare systems - Orphan Medicinal Products Regulation - Paediatric Regulation - Digital Health - Europe's Beating Cancer Plan - Blood, tissues and cells legislation - Sustainable Development Goals - EC Pharma Strategy - European Health Union - EU4Health
333 Lakeside Foster City Foster City
Tel: 1 6505743000
Park Lane Culliganlaan 2 Culliganlaan 2
Tel: 32 24 01 35 50
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
The Registry does not allow entering less than 25% of employees' working time. However a total of 6 Gilead employees are involved in covered activities with 4 of these employees working less than 10% on covered activities, making up a total of 6 persons involved, equivalent to approx. 1.5% FTE as indicated above.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
AMCHAM EU: http://www.amchameu.eu
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission10 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 11 Jun 2021 - Commissioner Stella Kyriakides - Exchange of views on joint procurement and scientific assessment of Remdesivir (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 07 Dec 2020 - Commissioner Stella Kyriakides - Exchange of views, update on Remdesivir (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 16 Oct 2020 - Commissioner Stella Kyriakides - Exchange of views - update on Remdesivir (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 09 Sep 2020 - Commissioner Stella Kyriakides - Discussions/update on Remdesivir (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 06 Jul 2020 - Commissioner Stella Kyriakides - VC meeting: Exchange of views on the forthcoming Pharmaceutical Strategy (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 06 May 2020 - Commissioner Stella Kyriakides - VC meeting on remdesivir as a developmental medicine, the clinical trial programme, actions taken in respect of making remdesivir available via a compassionate use, Member States' needs and distribution should it receive market authorisation (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 07 Apr 2020 - Commissioner Stella Kyriakides - Discussion on medicines (potential treatments, production, clinical trials, access to results) (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 25 Sep 2017 - Arunas Vinciunas - Hepatitis B and C, HIV (DG Health)
- 19 Jun 2017 - Elina Melngaile - economic situation within the EU, investment climate, deepening of the EMU, social dimension of the European project, financial regulations and markets (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 19 Jun 2017 - Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis - economic situation within the EU, investment climate, deepening of the EMU, social dimension of the European project, financial regulations and markets (DG Euro & Financial Markets)