European Plastics Converters Association (EuPC)
LobbyFacts currently only presents data from the EU lobby transparency register up to 19 September 2021. This is due to recent changes made by the EU register; we are working to present these on LobbyFacts as soon as possible.
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
No figure available
Lobbyists declared: 2 FTE (3)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 13
Lobbying costs over the years:
European Plastics Converters Association (EuPC)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
EuPC is the leading EU-level Trade Association, based in Brussels, representing European Plastics Converters. Its powerful European Plastics Network exists to support the beneficial use of plastics worldwide, especially providing plastics converting companies with a voice in European legislation.
EuPC now totals 46 European Plastics Converting national and European industry associations, it represents close to 50,000 companies, producing over 45 million tonnes of plastic products every year.
The European plastics industry makes a significant contribution to welfare in Europe by enabling innovation, creating quality of life for citizens and facilitating resource efficiency and climate protection.
More than 1.6 million people are working in approximately 50.000 companies (mainly small and medium sized companies in the converting sector) to create a turnover in excess of 260 billion € per year.
Plastics recycling Environmental policy International trade EU waste acquis Energy efficiency Medical devices Health & safety Sustainability
Avenue de Cortenbergh, 71
Tel: 32 7324124
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
https://www.plasticsconverters.eu/ (click on Members)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Working Group on Motor Vehicles#E01295#https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/expert-groups-register/screen/expert-groups/consult?groupID=1295 #Not a member #C#Industry#Emissions (MVEG)#Medical Device Coordination Group#X03565#https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/expert-groups-register/screen/expert-groups/consult?groupID=3565 #Observer #C#Industry#04 - Post-Market Surveillance and Vigilance (PMSV)#06 - Borderline and Classification (B&C)#02 - Standards#03 - Clinical Investigation and Evaluation (CIE)#Competent Authorities for Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of CHemicals (REACH) and Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP)#E02385#https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/expert-groups-register/screen/expert-groups/consult?groupID=2385 #Observer #C#Industry
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Monitoring of all relevant EU legislation and initiatives relevant to our industry. Participation as stakeholders in EU standardisation bodies, Retail Forum, Food Round Table ... (non exhaustive list).
Meetings with European Commission13 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 02 Oct 2020 - Barbara Herbolzheimer Kyriacos Charalambous - European Green Deal, MFF negotiations and own resources (DG Budget and Administration)
- 20 Apr 2020 - Commissioner Thierry Breton - COVID 19 economic impact on Energy intensive industries (DG Internal Market)
- 14 Jan 2019 - Sebastien Paquot - listing of ADCA in Annex XIV of REACH (DG Environment)
- 15 Jun 2018 - Annika Nowak - HTA (DG Health)
- 15 Jun 2018 - Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis - HTA (DG Health)
- 25 May 2018 - Rolf Carsten Bermig - Exchange of views on current topics (DG Internal Market)
- 25 May 2018 - Commissioner Elżbieta Bieńkowska - Exchange of views on current topics (DG Internal Market)
- 11 Apr 2016 - Nele Eichhorn - Trade Defence Instruments (DG Trade)
- 27 Oct 2015 - Director-General Lowri Evans - Presentation of the sector, availability of polymers, circular economy, French legislation on plastic carrier bags. (DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs)
- 11 Jun 2015 - Maria Asenius Nele Eichhorn - Duty free imports of two types of plastics (DG Trade)
- 25 Feb 2015 - Heidi Jern - Circular Economy (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 18 Feb 2015 - Julie Fionda - Skills (DG Employment)
- 15 Dec 2014 - Kaius Kristian Hedberg Rolf Carsten Bermig - Plastic carrier bags (DG Internal Market)