Huawei Technologies (Huawei)
Warning! As of 20 September 2021, the EU lobby register has changed format. Temporarily, the register is no longer providing daily data updates of all lobby data which means that the figures on LobbyFacts cannot currently be kept up-to-date. If, for example, you see a company, trade association, or lobby consultancy with "no figure available" for EU lobby costs, open the data card, and click the link to the EU lobby register where you will find the updated registration including EU lobby costs declaration. Regretably, under the lobby register format, NGOs and think tanks are no longer required to provide a figure for EU lobby costs. We will update LobbyFacts with the new data as soon as possible.
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
3,000,000€ - 3,249,999€
Lobbyists declared: 19 FTE (19)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 9
Meetings with European Commission: 36
Lobbying costs over the years:
Huawei Technologies (Huawei)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
-Industrial policies relevant to the telecoms industry -Innovation, R&D -Privacy, Security, Data Protection -Trade -CSR -Competition
Huawei Industrial Base, 1 Bantian Longgang district Bantian Longgang district
Tel: 86 75528780808
Chaussee d'Etterbeek 180
Tel: 32 22351390
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Huawei is a member of DigitalEurope, ETNO (observer), ECTA, Bruegel, BusinessEurope, CCCEU, Digital Enlightenment Forum, GSMA, the European Internet Foundation, CERRE, CSR Europe and PSCE.
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intelligent Transport Systems#E01941 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=1941 #Observer #C#Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission36 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 27 Aug 2019 - Christian Burgsmueller - EU-US-China Trade Relations (DG Trade)
- 22 Jul 2019 - Commissioner Elżbieta Bieńkowska - Industrial Policy in particular the telecommunication sector (DG Internal Market)
- 22 Jul 2019 - Rolf Carsten Bermig - Industrial Policy in particular the telecommunication sector (DG Internal Market)
- 27 Mar 2019 - Xavier Coget Filomena Chirico - Security of 5G networks (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 04 Mar 2019 - Vivian Loonela Tauno Tohk - DSM, cybersecurity, 5G (DG Digital Single Market)
- 04 Mar 2019 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - DSM, cybersecurity, 5G (DG Digital Single Market)
- 11 Jan 2019 - Vivian Loonela - 5G security (DG Digital Single Market)
- 25 May 2018 - Vice-President Jyrki Katainen - EU-China relations, digital single market and adaptation of Europe to the digital era (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 04 Dec 2017 - Maria Asenius Nele Eichhorn - Present their company (DG Trade)
- 22 Sep 2017 - Vivian Loonela - Cybersecurity issues (DG Digital Single Market)
- 08 Jun 2017 - Friedrich-Nikolaus von Peter - Discussion on European projects (DG Transport)
- 06 Jun 2017 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - DSM (DG Digital Economy)
- 06 Jun 2017 - Maximilian Strotmann - Telecoms policy, 5G, IoT (DG Digital Single Market)
- 06 Jun 2017 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Telecoms policy, 5G, IoT (DG Digital Single Market)
- 30 May 2017 - Edward Bannerman - EU-China relations (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 25 Apr 2017 - Antoine Kasel - Presentation of new colleague (DG Presidency)
- 20 Apr 2017 - Kaius Kristian Hedberg - mtg new Head of European public Affairs and communication (DG Internal Market)
- 18 Apr 2017 - Miguel Ceballos Baron - Farewell Mr Zhang Jiangang and welcome Mr Ding Haohua, new Head of the Huawei European Public Affairs and communication team (DG Trade)
- 07 Feb 2017 - Antoine Kasel - Make contact and discuss Science Business report (DG Presidency)
- 28 Nov 2016 - Vice-President Jyrki Katainen - Investments in Europe (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 28 Nov 2016 - Edward Bannerman - Investments in Europe (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 05 Oct 2016 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - 5G (DG Digital Economy)
- 12 Sep 2016 - Thibaut Kleiner - Commissioner's visit of Huawei facilty in Munich in October (DG Digital Economy)
- 26 Aug 2016 - Antoine Kasel - preparations of the G20 Leaders' Meeting (DG Presidency)
- 02 Jun 2016 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - 5G (DG Digital Economy)
- 11 May 2016 - Markus Schulte - Telco policy (DG Digital Economy)
- 16 Feb 2016 - Kilian Gross Michael Hager - digital research (DG Digital Economy)
- 20 Nov 2015 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - Digital transformation of the European industry (DG Digital Economy)
- 14 Oct 2015 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - EU-China 5G agreement (DG Digital Economy)
- 30 Jun 2015 - Michael Hager - DSM (DG Digital Economy)
- 17 Apr 2015 - Julie Fionda - Hauwei's training programme, initiatives on skills (DG Employment)
- 30 Mar 2015 - Edward Bannerman - Investment plan (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 27 Feb 2015 - Miguel Ceballos Baron - Cooperation on ICT with China (DG Trade)
- 26 Feb 2015 - Kamila Kloc Stig Joergen Gren - Digital Single Market strategy and Huawei European investments in R&D, broadband roll-out, development of 5G (DG Digital Single Market)
- 26 Feb 2015 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Digital Single Market strategy and Huawei European investments in R&D, broadband roll-out, development of 5G (DG Digital Single Market)
- 10 Feb 2015 - Stig Joergen Gren Kamila Kloc - Investment in infrastructure, 5G development, industry collaboration (DG Digital Single Market)