AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe (ASD)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists declared: 3 FTE (12)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 10
Meetings with European Commission: 9
Lobbying costs over the years:
AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe (ASD)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
ASD represents the aeronautics, space, defence and security industries of Europe in all matters of common interest with the objective of promoting and supporting the competitive development of these sectors. ASD pursues joint industry actions which have to be dealt with on a European level or which concern issues of an agreed transnational nature, through generating common industry positions.
ASD’s overall mission is to enhance the competitive development of the Aeronautics, Space, Defence and Security Industry in Europe in partnership with European institutions and Member associations. To this end, ASD:
• Represents the European industry to promote its interests and ensure a high priority for issues affecting this sector in European public policy. The association also provides early warning on policy issues, assess policy impact, initiates and shapes policy as well as developing common positions;
• Offers a single point of contact between industry and relevant stakeholders in the European institutions;
• Facilitates the development of SMEs and the Equipment sector within a competitive supply chain;
• Coordinates at the European level services and activities such as R&T, cooperative European initiatives affecting the environment, standardisation, training/retraining, quality, airworthiness; human resources and skills; it promotes trade in coordination with National Associations;
• Promotes international cooperation, takes the lead in dialogue with International Associations and Organisations and represents the European Aerospace and Defence industry in discussions with the industry of other countries and regions where a European common denominator exists.
Civil Aviation: Review of the EASA Basic Regulation; EASA Fines & Penalty Charges; ETS, Climate change and CO2 standards; RPAS and their insertion into the civil aerospace; Defence: PADR; Critical raw materials for defence industry; Security of supply; Cross-border Supply chains; EDAP; EDIDP; European Defence Fund; Security: European Security Strategy; Review of Security research; Instrument for Peace and Stability; Economic, Legal & Trade matters: TTIP; Trade secrets; IPR-H2020 Special modalities; IPR - PADSR Special modalities; Competitiveness proofing; the Juncker Investment Plan & InvestEU; Conflict minerals; Foreign Direct Investments; Environment: European Energy Union - Alternative fuels; REACH- Legacy spare parts; Biocidal products Regulation; ICAO Research: Horizon Europe; Horizon 2020;
Rue Montoyer, 10
Tel: 32 2 7758110
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
- 5 members of the ASD Secretariat have it in their remit to engage in dialogue with the EU institutions on behalf of the Association. They spend between 10 and 50% of their working time in lobbying activities. The other people follow the proceedings in Parliament as observers.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
ASD is member of ICCAIA (International Coordinating Council of Aerospace Industries Association)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Expert Group on Drones#E03533 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3533 #Member #C#Expert Group on the exchange of information on Best Available Techniques related to industrial emissions (IED Article 13 Forum)#E02611 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=2611 #Member #C#Competent Authorities for Biocidal Products (Regulation (EU) No 528/2012)#E03125 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3125 #Observer #C#Consultative Forum on EU External Aviation Policy#E03519 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3519 #Member #C
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Sky & Space Intergroup
Industry forums (European Parliament)
- Monitoring of the EU legislation on behalf of ASD members - Contribution to public consultations - Participation in conferences and hearings - Annual events - Information of stakeholders about the fields of activity of ASD, in particular, Aeronautics, Space, Security and Defence.
Meetings with European Commission9 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 17 Apr 2018 - Kilian GROSS - FP9 (DG Digital Economy)
- 07 Mar 2018 - Antoine Kasel - Research and Innovation policies, MFF (DG Presidency)
- 22 Nov 2017 - Filomena Chirico - Research and competitiveness in aerospace industry (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 22 Nov 2016 - Filomena Chirico - Research in the aeronautics sector under H2020 (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 19 May 2016 - Andreas Schwarz - CSDP related research and Preparatory Action (DG Budget)
- 18 May 2016 - Edward Bannerman - Preparatory action (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 11 Dec 2015 - Eric Mamer - Aviation package (DG Digital Economy)
- 23 Oct 2015 - Julie Fionda - EU Aviation package (DG Employment)
- 06 Jul 2015 - Juraj Nociar - Energy Union (DG Energy Union)