VERBUND AG (VERBUND)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
300,000€ - 399,999€
Lobbyists declared: 1.75 FTE (4)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 1
Meetings with European Commission: 10
Lobbying costs over the years:
VERBUND AG (VERBUND)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
VERBUND is Austria's leading electricity company and one of the largest producers of electricity from hydropower in Europe. In 2018, VERBUND achieved an annual turnover of 2.847,9 billion Euro with 2.784 employees. VERBUND covers all sectors of energy supply – from the production and transportation of electricity through international sales and marketing.
More than four fifths of the electricity generation originates from climate friendly hydropower. VERBUND’s hydropower plants in Austria and Bavaria have a capacity of 7,700 megawatt (MW). The production portfolio is supplemented by wind power and thermal power plants.
VERBUND, through its subsidiary Austrian Power Grid (APG), operates Austria's supra-regional high-voltage grid which extends over a distance of 3,500 km (route kilometres). This grid forms the backbone of Austria's electricity supply, enabling the supra-regional, domestic and international exchange of energy between producers and consumers and serves to ensure the stable provision of energy to the underlying distribution grids.
VERBUND is also an active trader on the major European electricity markets. Electricity trading within the group forms the interface between generation, distribution and the wholesale market and can be seen as a central hub. Alongside the core business of electricity, VERBUND is also active in the field of environmental products with CO2 certificates and green certificates.
In terms of sales VERBUND is operating in the Austrian end-customer segment since July 2005. VERBUND serves approx. 403.000 private customers with climate-friendly electricity from 100% hydropower and approx. 66.000 customers with climate-neutral gas. VERBUND also supplies Austrian and German industrial companies with electricity. Germany is the second most important market next to Austria: since April 2013, VERBUND has been in possession of 22 hydropower plants with an annual generation of around 4 TWh in Germany. In 2012 VERBUND also acquired five wind farms in Germany with a total of 86 MW.
- Clean Energy for all Europeans Package and relevant delegated acts - EU Long Term decarbonisation strategy (2050) “A clean planet for all” - EU water related policies - Natura 2000 Fitness Check - Guidelines Natura 2000 / Hydro Power - Preparatory activities concerning the EU gas package - Policies related to sector coupling, sectorial integration and green hydrogen - Policies related to storage - Policies related to clean mobility - Sustainable finance - Policy activities related to CO2 pricing and ETS - European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI) - Network Codes - Financial market legislation
Am Hof, 6 A
Tel: 43 50313-0
Rond Point Schuman 9
Tel: 32 2 2868590
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
In conformity with the principle of unbundling in the electricity sector according to Directive 2009/72/EC concerning common rules for the internal market in electricity, lobbying activities for Austrian Power Grid AG (the transmission system operator within VERBUND group) are not undertaken by VERBUND AG and are therefore not included in the information provided.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
- Oesterreichs Energie - Österreichs E-Wirtschaft
- EURELECTRIC (via Oesterreichs Energie)
- WKO - Wirtschaftskammer Österreich
- IV - Industriellenvereinigung Österreich
- BdEW - Bundesverband der Energie- und Wasserwirtschaft
- Verband der Bayerischen Energie- und Wasserwirtschaft e.V. (VBEW)
- EFET - European Federation of Energy Traders
- VGB Power Tech
- Hydrogen Europe
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission10 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 27 Feb 2017 - Christian Linder - oesterreichische Energiethemen (DG Energy Union)
- 01 Sep 2016 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - decarbonisation (DG Digital Economy)
- 19 Oct 2015 - Joachim Balke - Internal Energy market (DG Climate & Energy)
- 14 Sep 2015 - Christian Linder - Hydropower; Energy Union (DG Energy Union)
- 23 Jun 2015 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Internal Electricity Market (DG Climate & Energy)
- 23 Jun 2015 - Joachim Balke - Internal Electricity Market (DG Climate & Energy)
- 11 Feb 2015 - Christian Linder - Energy Union (DG Energy Union)
- 18 Dec 2014 - Joachim Balke - Verbund (DG Climate & Energy)
- 03 Dec 2014 - Markus Schulte - Smart Grids (DG Digital Economy)
- 12 Nov 2014 - Michael Karnitschnig - Energy issues in the EU (DG Neighbourhood)