WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
25,000€ - 49,999€
Lobbyists declared: 0.5 FTE (2)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 10
Lobbying costs over the years:
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Centrica plc is a leading international energy services and solutions provider, founded on a 200-year heritage of serving people. We supply energy and energy-related services to over 10 million customers though brands such as British Gas and Centrica Business Solutions mainly across the UK, Europe and North America.
Centrica aims to contribute to the debate between all stakeholders on the development of public policy on issues that directly affect the energy sector and on wider issues affecting the environment and economic prosperity. Areas of direct interest include Energy Union, EU climate policy, single market in electricity and gas, retail energy markets, financial regulation, security of supply policy, renewables, energy efficiency, Emissions Trading, air quality policy, research and innovation policy, consumer rights, data protection and cyber security.
Millstream Maidenhead Road Maidenhead Road
Windsor SL4 5GD
Tel: 44 01753 494000
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Centrica is a member of the following associations and networks engaged in EU Policy:
• EFET (European Federation of Energy Traders)
• Energy UK
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission10 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 11 Apr 2018 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - UK-EU relationship post-BREXIT (DG Digital Economy)
- 08 Mar 2018 - Commissioner Julian King - Cybersecurity (DG Security)
- 13 Sep 2017 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - digitisation of energy sector (DG Digital Economy)
- 20 Apr 2017 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - digitising energy (DG Digital Economy)
- 23 Mar 2017 - Manuel Szapiro - Clean Energy Package (DG Energy Union)
- 26 May 2016 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - European Energy Utilities (DG Digital Economy)
- 26 Jan 2016 - Manuel Szapiro - Energy Union / UK (DG Energy Union)
- 26 Jan 2016 - Yvon Slingenberg Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero - Policy challenges relevant to European energy utilities (DG Climate & Energy)
- 06 Oct 2015 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - European energy policies (DG Energy)
- 16 Sep 2015 - Joachim Balke - Power Market Design/ Security of Gas Supply (DG Climate & Energy)