Hume Brophy (HB)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
1,250,000€ - 1,499,999€
Lobbyists declared: 23 FTE (25)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 18
Meetings with European Commission: 26
Lobbying costs over the years:
Hume Brophy (HB)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Hume Brophy is an international communications firm specialising in Public Affairs, Public Relations, Investor Relations, and Corporate and Financial Communications, with operations in Brussels, Dublin, London, Paris, Hong Kong, New York and Singapore and an established network of agency partnerships across Europe
Hume Brophy works with a range of clients including trade associations, companies and coalitions of organisations on all EU policy areas, including financial services, trade, commodities, energy, environment, food, agriculture, healthcare, technology, media and transport.
14 Herbert Street
Tel: 353 1 662 4712
Rue de la Science 41
Tel: 32 22346860
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Most of our consultants and advisors are involved in activities falling under the scope of the register, although not always in a full-time capacity.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium
Public Affairs Council
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
HB does not attend any EU committees in its own right. Our clients may attend such committees and we may attend with them/on their behalf as necessary, in which case this would appear in a client's register entry.
Meetings with European Commission26 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 07 May 2019 - Stig Joergen Gren - Data sovereignty (DG Digital Single Market)
- 07 May 2019 - Joachim Balke Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero - Celitc Interconnector (DG Climate & Energy)
- 05 Dec 2018 - Andrea Beltramello - MiFIR (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 29 Nov 2018 - Commissioner Phil Hogan - deliver speech on role of food industry in the future of CAP (DG Agriculture)
- 28 Nov 2018 - Commissioner Violeta Bulc - Transport event (DG Transport)
- 28 Nov 2018 - Joshua Salsby - Transport event (DG Transport)
- 26 Sep 2018 - Paulina Dejmek Hack Richard Szostak - EU-Swiss relations, notably in financial services (DG Presidency)
- 26 Sep 2018 - Andrea Beltramello - EU-Swiss relations, notably in financial services (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 10 Jul 2018 - Commissioner Cecilia Malmström - Australia, New Zealand, EU-US trade relations, Mercosur, WTO (DG Trade)
- 21 Jun 2018 - Joshua Salsby - Meeting with Dublin Airport Authority (DG Transport)
- 10 Apr 2018 - Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis - Sustainable Finance: Taxonomy, Disclosure, Investor duties (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 10 Apr 2018 - Elina Melngaile - Sustainable Finance: Taxonomy, Disclosure, Investor duties (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 07 Jun 2017 - Joshua Salsby - European travel and tourism industry (DG Transport)
- 11 May 2017 - Joshua Salsby - Aviation travel and tourism (DG Transport)
- 06 Dec 2016 - Joshua Salsby Matej Zakonjsek - Dublin Airport Authority (DG Transport)
- 06 Dec 2016 - Shane Sutherland - Aviation (DG Agriculture)
- 06 Sep 2016 - Director-General Henrik Hololei - The Global Aviation Market (DG Mobility and Transport)
- 23 Feb 2016 - Commissioner Phil Hogan - Annual Lecture & Q&A (DG Agriculture)
- 27 Jan 2016 - Cristina Rueda Catry - SPS, GIs, wine (DG Agriculture)
- 13 Jan 2016 - Nathalie Chaze - Glyphosate (DG Health)
- 01 Oct 2015 - Manuel Szapiro - Eir Grid - Energy Union and interconnections (DG Energy Union)
- 01 Oct 2015 - Christian Linder - EirGrid; Irish interconnectors (DG Energy Union)
- 10 Jul 2015 - Christian Burgsmueller - TTIP (DG Trade)
- 10 Jul 2015 - Commissioner Cecilia Malmström - TTIP (DG Trade)
- 20 May 2015 - Shane Sutherland - Aviation (DG Agriculture)
- 17 Feb 2015 - Maria Da Graca Carvalho - Meeting with the World Coal Association for presentation of proposal for the acceleration of coal use energy efficiency – PACE (DG Research)