Open Government Partnership Secretariat (OGP)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
25,000€ - 49,999€
Lobbyists declared: 0.75 FTE (3)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 9
Lobbying costs over the years:
Open Government Partnership Secretariat (OGP)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
The Open Government Partnership is a multilateral initiative that aims to secure concrete commitments from national and local governments to promote transparency, empower citizens, fight corruption, and harness new technologies to strengthen governance. In the spirit of multi-stakeholder collaboration, OGP is overseen by a Steering Committee including representatives of governments and civil society organizations.
To become a member of OGP, participating countries and localities must endorse a high-level Open Government Declaration, deliver a country action plan developed with public consultation, and commit to independent reporting on their progress going forward.
The Open Government Partnership formally launched on September 20, 2011, when the 8 founding governments (Brazil, Indonesia, Mexico, Norway, the Philippines, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States) endorsed the Open Government Declaration, and announced their country action plans. Since 2011, OGP (...)
Our main interaction with the EU institution is to share information regarding OGP member countries and EU members and their progress in OGP. More specifically, the leadership if OGP plans to have meetings with high level EU representatives (including Commissioners, Directors General) to inform them on the progress of OGP member countries and encourage their support. More details on our work can be found here: https://www.opengovpartnership.org/about/approach/
1110 VERMONT AVE NW Suite 500 Suite 500
Tel: 1 2026097859
Avenue des Arts 7/8
Tel: 32 23290025
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Full specified budget
View the full specified budget for this organisation on the Transparency Register website.
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
OGP was launched in 2011 to provide an international platform for domestic reformers committed to making their governments more open, accountable, and responsive to citizens. Since then, OGP has grown from 8 countries to 75 participating countries. More details can be found here: https://www.opengovpartnership.org/countries
Meetings with European Commission9 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 15 Oct 2020 - Daniel Braun Marie Frenay - European Democracy Action Plan (DG Values and Transparency)
- 05 Feb 2020 - Christiane Kirketerp De Viron - Digital public administration (DG Budget and Administration)
- 04 Feb 2020 - Vice-President Věra Jourová - European Democracy Action Plan Transparency Media freedom and pluralism Fundamental rights (DG Values and Transparency)
- 04 Feb 2020 - Kevin O'Connell Monika Ladmanova - European Democracy Action Plan Transparency Media freedom and pluralism Fundamental rights (DG Values and Transparency)
- 23 May 2018 - Enrico Petrocelli - open governments (DG External Action)
- 20 Jun 2017 - Nils Behrndt - Role of transparency and accountability of governments under the 2030 agenda (DG Development)
- 20 Jun 2017 - Director-General Stefano Manservisi - exploring possibilities of cooperation between the EC and OGP (DG Directorate-General for International Partnerships)
- 20 Jun 2017 - Hanna Hinrikus Maximilian Strotmann - e-government, digital for development (DG Digital Single Market)
- 20 Jun 2017 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - e-government, digital for development (DG Digital Single Market)