European Science Foundation (ESF)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists declared: 9.25 FTE (17)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 2
Lobbying costs over the years:
European Science Foundation (ESF)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
The European Science Foundation (ESF) provides a wide range of science-support services to researchers, funding agencies and decision makers.
ESF provides practical, skilled and interdisciplinary support across all sectors of the science community, advising and implementing initiatives for our partners and clients in the following key areas:
• Research Grant Evaluation – Identifying the best research and optimising the use of our partners’ internal resources.
• Institutional Evaluation – Maximising the impact of research policies and programmes to facilitate the achievement of excellence.
• Career tracking surveys of Doctorate Holders – Generating high quality, reliable information on supply and demand for doctorate holders and their overall availability and mobility.
• European Projects Coordination – Alleviating the administrative burden on research infrastructures and contributing to research success.
• Scientific Platforms Administration – providing effective secretariats, hosting platforms and organisational structures.
ESF is involved as coordinator or project office in several EU-funded projects in the areas of space or graphene research, water purification in space, advanced space propulsion, and inventory of research infrastructures.
Quai Lezay-Marnésia 1
Tel: 33 388767100
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
ESF had to hire some new collaborators to fulfill its duties during 2018. Some of them arrived mid-year, therefore only worked for EC contracts on a part time annual basis.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
European Foundation Centre (Belgium)
ESF has 3 Full Members and 7 Associate Members
National Science Fund of Bulgaria (Bulgaria)
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (Bulgaria)
Fund for Scientific Research - FNRS (Belgium)
French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea -IFREMER (France)
Hungarian Academy of Sciences - MTA (Hungary)
National Council for Scientific Research - CNCS (Romania)
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey - TÜBITAK (Turkey)
Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (Serbia)
Core Technologies for Life Sciences - CTLS (France)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Full specified budget
View the full specified budget for this organisation on the Transparency Register website.
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission2 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 07 May 2019 - Director-General Jean-Eric Paquet - ESF activities (DG Research and Innovation)
- 22 Feb 2019 - Commissioner Phil Hogan - Agri Matters (DG Agriculture)