Aviva Plc (Aviva)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
500,000€ - 599,999€
Lobbyists declared: 2.25 FTE (5)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 27
Lobbying costs over the years:
Aviva Plc (Aviva)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Aviva is the UK's largest insurer with strong businesses in selected European markets. We have over 34 million customers worldwide.
Aviva’s principal business activities are long-term savings (investments, pensions, healthcare), general insurance (home, motor, travel, business insurance) and asset management.
Retail Financial Services Green Paper Digital Single Market FinTech action plan Sustainable finance Solvency II Review of European Supervisory Authorities Capital Markets Union Investment Plan for Europe Insurance Mediation Directive Packaged Retail Investment Products Regulation Markets in Financial Instruments Directive Pensions issues Data Protection Corporate Governance and Shareholder Rights Directive
1 Undershaft, St Helen's
London EC3P 3DQ,
Tel: 44 2072832000
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
We have 2 full-time employees in our European and International Public Policy team who spend approximately 75% of their time on EU policy issues.
This work is supplemented by subject matter experts from across the business who attend relevant meetings in Brussels as appropriate on an ad hoc basis.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Key associations and pan-EU networks include: European Financial Services Roundtable (EFR); Pan-European Insurance Forum (PEIF); Chief Finance Officers Forum (CFO Forum); Chief Risk Officers Forum (CRO Forum); the Geneva Association (GA); Confederation of British Industry (CBI); Association of British Insurers (ABI); CityUK and the International Regulatory Strategy Group (IRSG) . In addition, we work with Fleishman Hillard as our Brussels-based consultancy.
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission27 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 04 Dec 2018 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Women in Europe Dinner (DG Presidency)
- 19 Apr 2018 - Helena Braun - discussion on sustainable development and on sustainable finance (DG Better Regulation)
- 23 Feb 2018 - Michelle Sutton Helena Braun - Sustainable finance (DG Better Regulation)
- 23 Feb 2018 - Joachim Balke - Market design (DG Climate & Energy)
- 16 Nov 2017 - Elina Melngaile - sustainable finance (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 21 Jun 2017 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Concluding remarks on sustainable finance at the joint Acca, Aviva, Barclays, IIRC Conference (DG Presidency)
- 24 Apr 2017 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Sustainable Finance (DG Presidency)
- 06 Mar 2017 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Sustainable finance (DG Presidency)
- 17 Nov 2016 - Elina Melngaile - sustainable/green finance (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 17 Nov 2016 - Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis - sustainable/green finance (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 28 Sep 2016 - Elina Melngaile - Sustainable Finance (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 27 Sep 2016 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - High-Level Dinner on sustainable finance (DG Presidency)
- 15 Jun 2016 - Aurore Maillet - Green Finance (DG Environment)
- 15 Jun 2016 - Hilde Hardeman Juho Romakkaniemi - Sustainable financing (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 18 Jan 2016 - Eric Mamer - DSM (DG Digital Economy)
- 10 Jul 2015 - Heidi Jern - Sustainable investments (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 10 Jul 2015 - Edward Bannerman - Sustainable capital markets (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 12 Jun 2015 - Commissioner Jonathan Hill - Financial Services Policy (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 19 Mar 2015 - Lee Foulger - Capital Markets Union (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 18 Mar 2015 - Kevin O'Connell - Next steps on data protection (DG Justice)
- 12 Mar 2015 - Edward Bannerman - Investment plan (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 30 Jan 2015 - Director-General Jonathan Faull - Capital Markets Union (DG Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union)
- 30 Jan 2015 - Commissioner Jonathan Hill - Capital Markets Union (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 30 Jan 2015 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Capital Markets Union (DG Presidency)
- 03 Dec 2014 - Sara Nelen - Sustainable capital markets (DG Better Regulation)
- 02 Dec 2014 - Edward Bannerman - Investment initiative (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 02 Dec 2014 - Edward Bannerman - Investment Initiative (DG Jobs & Growth)