Erste Group Bank AG
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
100,000€ - 199,999€
Lobbyists declared: 3 FTE (4)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 1
Meetings with European Commission: 10
Lobbying costs over the years:
Erste Group Bank AG
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank. Ever since its foundation Erste Group has been focusing on the real economy.
As a key financial services provider in the eastern part of the EU, Erste Group's key business is the retail business, covering the entire spectrum from lending, deposit and investment products to current accounts and credit cards.
Besides the traditional strength in serving private individuals, Erste Group's core
activities also include advisory services and support for corporate clients in financing, investment and access to international capital markets, public sector funding and interbank market operations.
Erste Group is strongly committed to offering a comprehensive range of financial products to meet its customer needs.
In 2020/2021 the main EU initiatives include CRD V /CRR II, Capital Markets Union Action Plan, NPL Action Plan, Digital Finance, Social Banking, Financial Literacy, Investment Treaties and Tax Issues.
Am Belvedere, 1
Tel: 43 05 0100 10100
Rue Marie-Thérèse 11
Tel: 32 486687080
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
In addition, experts on specific topics travelling to Brussels on an ad hoc basis if appropriate.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Austrian Savings Banks Association;Institute of International Finance (IIF); European Retail Financial Forum (ERFF); Vienna Initiative
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Commission expert group on social economy and social enterprises #E03576 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3576 #Member #C#Expert group on the implementation of the legislative package to transmit and exchange payment data in order to combat VAT fraud#E03721 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3721 #Member #C
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Erste Group provides policy makers with relevant information on key financial services dossiers and makes them aware of regional differences and needs, especially with regard to Central and Eastern European countries.
Meetings with European Commission10 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 02 Dec 2020 - David Mueller - NextGenerationEU and next steps (DG Budget and Administration)
- 24 Jul 2020 - Lukas Visek - Sustainable food systems (DG European Green Deal)
- 27 Jan 2020 - Eduard Hulicius - Consumer protection (DG Values and Transparency)
- 23 Apr 2019 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - Future of Europe (DG Digital Economy)
- 18 Feb 2019 - Eduard Hulicius - consumer creditworthiness regulation (DG Justice)
- 15 Nov 2018 - Florentine Hopmeier - Promoting social investment on EU level (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 25 Oct 2018 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - the Erste activities in Brussels and quesitons of indebtedness and creditworthiness (DG Justice)
- 25 Oct 2018 - Eduard Hulicius - the Erste activities in Brussels and quesitons of indebtedness and creditworthiness (DG Justice)
- 18 May 2017 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Financial services agenda (DG Presidency)
- 16 Jan 2015 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - Round Table on Gender Diversity (DG Justice)