WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists declared: 5.25 FTE (13)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 2
Lobbying costs over the years:
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Concawe was established in 1963 by a small group of leading oil companies to carry out research on environmental issues relevant to the oil industry. Its membership has broadened to include most oil companies operating in Europe. The scope of Concawe’s activities has gradually expanded in line with the development of societal concerns over environmental, health and safety issues. These now cover areas such as fuels quality and emissions, air quality, water quality, soil contamination, waste, occupational health and safety, petroleum product stewardship and cross-country pipeline performance.
Concawe's mission is:
To conduct research to provide impartial scientific information in order to:
• Improve scientific understanding of the environmental, health, safety and economic performance aspects of both petroleum refining and the distribution and sustainable use of refined products.
• Assist the development of technically feasible and cost effective policies and legislation by EU institutions and Member States.
• Allow informed decision making and cost effective legislative compliance by Association members.
Various REACH related groups, at ECHA & the Commission (e.g. REACH Directors' Contact Group). Various BREF / IED Technical Working Groups, including European IPPC Bureau. E-PRTR Committee, Various Water Framework Directive Expert Groups. JEC (with the JRC) Well2Wheels studies & biofuels programme, Expert Group on the Future of Transport Fuels.
Boulevard du Souverain, 165
Tel: 32 2 566 9160
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Concawe carries out and publishes technical studies related to the oil refining & distribution sectors and makes the results freely available to all who are interested, including institutions of the European Union.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
JEC Consortium; IPIECA; MIT; HEI; UN-ECE; CEN; ECETOC; ERTRAC; SAFIER; CEC; NICOLE; UKOPO; OSPAR; WHO;
- Alma Petroli: http://www.almapetroli.com/en/
- ATPC: http://www.vtti.com/terminals/atpc-belgium
- Gruppo Api: http://www.gruppoapi.com/
- BP: http://www.bp.com/
- CEPSA: http://www.cepsa.com/
- ENI: http://www.eni.com/en_IT/home.html
- Essar: http://www.essar.com/
- Equinor : http//www.equinor.com
- ExxonMobil: http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/
- Galp Energia: http://www.galpenergia.com/
- GUNVOR: http://gunvorgroup.com/en/
- H&R: http://hur.com/de/
- Hellenic Petroleum: http://www.helpe.gr/error.htm
- Petroineos: http://www.petroineos.com/
- IPLOM: http://iplom.it/index.php?c=HOME&ly=3
- Irving Oil: http://irvingoil.com
- KazMunay Gas International: http://www.rompetrol.kmginternational.com
- Q8: http://www.q8.com/Pages/q8-home.aspx
- LUKOIL: http://www.lukoil.com/
- MOLGROUP: http://molgroup.info/en/
- Motor Oil Hellas: http://www.moh.gr/
- Neste Oil: http://www.nesteoil.com/
- NYNAS: http://www.nynas.com/
- OMV: http://www.omv.com/portal/01/com
- Phillips 66: http://www.phillips66.com/
- PKN ORLEN: http://www.orlen.pl/EN/Pages/default.aspx
- Preem: http://www.preem.se
- Raffinerie Heide: http://www.klesch.com/fr/oil-refining/raffinerie-heide
- REPSOL: http://www.repsol.com/es_es/
- Rosneft: https://www.rosneft.com
- SARA: http://www.sara-blog.fr/
- SARAS: http://www.saras.it/saras/pages/home
- Shell: http://www.shell.com/
- St1: http://www.st1.eu/
- TAMOIL: http://www.tamoil.com/Tamoil+World/
- TOTAL: http://www.total.com/fr
- VALERO: http://www.valero.com/default.aspx
- VARO Energy: http://varoenergy.com/
- VPR Energy
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Full specified budget
View the full specified budget for this organisation on the Transparency Register website.
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Strategic Coordination Group for the Water Framework and Floods Directives#E00371 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=371 #Member #C#Ecostat#ATG Water Reuse#ATG Article 4.7 guidance#Chemicals#Groundwater#Working Group on Motor Vehicles#E01295 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=1295 #Member #C#Emissions (MVEG)#Innovation Fund Expert Group#E03593 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3593 #Member #C#European Sustainable Shipping Forum (ESSF)#E02869 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=2869 #Member #C#Air Emissions from Ships#Competent Authorities for Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of CHemicals (REACH) and Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP)#E02385 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=2385 #Observer #C#Sub-group on Annexes #Expert Group on the exchange of information on Best Available Techniques related to industrial emissions (IED Article 13 Forum)#E02611 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=2611 #Member #C#Commission expert group on climate change policy #E03590 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3590 #Member #C
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission2 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 05 May 2017 - Director-General Vladimir Šucha - Introduction of the new Director-General of Concawe, Mr Cooper, and the opportunity of reaffirming the good working relationship between JRC and Concawe and discuss ongoing and potential future research activities (DG Joint Research Centre)
- 03 Apr 2017 - Antonio Lowndes Marques De Araujo Vicente Robert Schröder - Research on energy issues (DG Research)