LobbyFacts currently only presents data from the EU lobby transparency register up to 19 September 2021. This is due to recent changes made by the EU register; we are working to present these on LobbyFacts as soon as possible.
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
1,000,000€ - 1,249,999€
Lobbyists declared: 5.25 FTE (9)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 4
Meetings with European Commission: 11
Lobbying costs over the years:
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our operations span the value chain from identifying, researching, developing and testing ground-breaking discoveries, to regulatory approval, manufacturing and commercialisation. We have over 94,000 employees globally across 96 countries, with outstanding scientific and technical know-how and deep expertise. In Europe, we employ over 25,000 people, with 14 manufacturing sites and 4 R&D sites in EU countries.
We follow EU initiatives, policies and legislative files related to our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare businesses. This includes topics such as R&D and clinical trials, the EU Beating Cancer Plan, health technology assessment, antimicrobial resistance, digital health, pharmaceutical legislation, medical devices, vaccines, trade, industrial strategy, IP, environment.
Great West Road, 980
Brentford, Middlesex TW8 9GS
Tel: 44 20 8047 5000
37 Square de Meeûs
Tel: 32 27917600
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
The number of persons reflects the full time employment falling under the scope of the register. GSK follows the guidelines provided by EFPIA regarding this registration.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Association of the European Self-Medication Industry (AESGP)
European Brands Association (AIM)
American Chamber of Commerce to the European Union (AmChamEU)
European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
Vaccines Europe (VE)
Friends of Europe
International Pharmaceutical Aerosol Consortium (IPAC)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission11 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 11 Feb 2021 - Director-General Sandra Gallina - vaccines (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 31 May 2018 - Annika Nowak - Brexit preparedness (DG Health)
- 23 Mar 2018 - Leila Fernandez-Stembridge - IP regime generic manufacturers in the pharmaceutical industry (DG Economics & Tax)
- 01 Dec 2017 - Nele Eichhorn Maria Asenius - FTA implementation & transparency / trade relations with China, Turkey, Russia / importance of including vaccines in trade negotiations (DG Trade)
- 09 Nov 2017 - Marika Lautso-Mousnier - Innovation in the pharmaceutical sector, SPC, health technology assessments (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 26 Jun 2017 - Commissioner Carlos Moedas - Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) (DG Research)
- 30 Sep 2015 - Paula Duarte Gaspar - Vaccination (DG Health)
- 24 Sep 2015 - Commissioner Carlos Moedas - Challenges of the pharma industry (DG Research)
- 18 May 2015 - Cécile Billaux - Access to medicines in Africa (DG Trade)
- 16 Jan 2015 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - Round Table on Gender Diversity (DG Justice)
- 05 Dec 2014 - Aura Salla Heidi Jern - Life sciences contribution to growth and jobs (DG Jobs & Growth)