Amazon Europe Core SARL
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
2,750,000€ - 2,999,999€
Lobbyists declared: 5 FTE (17)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 24
Lobbying costs over the years:
Amazon Europe Core SARL
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Since its inception as an online retailer in 1995, Amazon has been relentlessly focused on being Earth’s most customer-centric company, where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. Amazon also enables other retailers to sell through the Amazon Marketplace platform.
Description of Activities:
Develop, maintain and protect any intellectual property rights it considers appropriate, and to exploit those intellectual property rights to provide e-commerce services, features, or technologies through various websites available to any subsidiary or affiliate of the Company directly or indirectly controlled by the Amazon group and to third parties. The Company will provide services including, but not limited to: ecommerce technology solutions; listing services for related party and third-party merchants; third-party business offerings; and administrative services
Digital economy, e-commerce, retail, data protection, copyright, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Single Market, taxation, transport and consumer rights.
rue Plaetis, 5
Tel: 352 26733000
Avenue des Arts 27
Tel: 32 22905440
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
In addition, to the staff declared there are some Amazon staff who meet the EU institutions rarely and on a specific project.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Allied for Startups / United for Startups
AmChamEU (American Chamber of Commerce to the EU)
CCIA (Computer and Communications Industry Association)
CERRE (Centre on Regulation in Europe)
CIPL (Centre for Information Policy Leadership)
CISPE: EU Cloud Infrastructure Provider Association
Drone Alliance Europe
EDIMA (European Digital Media Association)
EPIF (European Payment Institutions Federation)
EUROISPA (European Internet Services Providers Associations)
Euroista (European Institute for Sustainable Transport)
European Policy Centre
Friends of SMEs
ITI (Information Technology Industry)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
VAT Expert Group#E02813#http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=2813 #Member #C#Industry#Consumer Safety Network #E00935#http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=935 #Not a member #C#Industry#Sub-Group on Artifical Intelligence (AI), connected products and other new challenges in product safety#Standing Committee on Precursors#E03245#http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3245 #Observer #C#Industry#Expert group on the implementation of the legislative package to transmit and exchange payment data in order to combat VAT fraud#E03721#http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3721 #Member #C#Industry
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Amazon updates this register annually as per the guidelines and will its entry six months after the annual update. Reductions or additions in memberships or staffing will be visible at that point.
Meetings with European Commission24 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 27 Nov 2018 - Risto Artjoki - Single Market (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 17 Oct 2018 - Stig Joergen Gren - Platforms, illegal content, intellectual property rights (DG Digital Single Market)
- 17 Oct 2018 - Christiane Canenbley - DSM (DG Presidency)
- 04 Jul 2018 - Juraj Nociar - ENERGY UNION (DG Energy Union)
- 04 Apr 2018 - Filomena Chirico - Illegal content online (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 07 Mar 2018 - Stig Joergen Gren - Online platforms, illegal content online (DG Digital Single Market)
- 09 Jan 2018 - Stig Joergen Gren - Tackling illegal content online (DG Digital Single Market)
- 09 Jan 2018 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Tackling illegal content online (DG Digital Single Market)
- 12 Dec 2017 - Kamila Kloc - Goods package; P2B initiative (DG Digital Single Market)
- 13 Oct 2016 - Kamila Kloc - E-commerce, free flow of data, VAT (DG Digital Single Market)
- 13 Oct 2016 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - E-commerce, free flow of data, VAT (DG Digital Single Market)
- 10 Oct 2016 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - Geoblocking (DG Digital Economy)
- 04 Oct 2016 - Kamila Kloc - Geo-blocking (DG Digital Single Market)
- 27 Jun 2016 - Anna Herold - geoblocking (DG Digital Economy)
- 09 Mar 2016 - Kilian Gross - price laws on online books (DG Digital Economy)
- 02 Feb 2016 - Vivian Loonela Juhan Lepassaar - DSM, platforms and geo-blocking (DG Digital Single Market)
- 05 Nov 2015 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - Digital Single Market (DG Digital Economy)
- 01 Oct 2015 - Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis - Corporate Tax Transparency (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 01 Oct 2015 - Jan Ceyssens - Corporate Tax Transparency (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 26 Aug 2015 - Eric Mamer - DSM (DG Digital Economy)
- 18 Jun 2015 - Kamila Kloc - Platforms & NIS (DG Digital Single Market)
- 17 Mar 2015 - Pauline Rouch - Digital Single Market (DG Presidency)
- 29 Jan 2015 - Heidi Jern - Digital Single Market (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 21 Jan 2015 - Jasmin Battista - Web Services (cloud facilities) and Marketplace - Platform (DG Digital Single Market)