Drax Group plc
Warning! LobbyFacts is temporarily only showing data up to 19 September 2021. This is because from 20 September, the EU lobby register changed format and the register's secretariat is no longer providing complete and reliable daily data updates which LobbyFacts uses to keep up to date. This temporary problem has not affected LobbyFacts' archive facility, but for today's lobby data, please check the original EU lobby register. We hope the secretariat will remedy this soon, enabling us to launch a new improved and faster version of LobbyFacts.
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
50,000€ - 99,999€
Lobbyists declared: 1.5 FTE (3)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 9
Lobbying costs over the years:
Drax Group plc
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Drax Group plc is committed to enabling a zero carbon, lower cost energy future.
Drax Group employs around 2,500 people and has three principal activities – electricity generation, energy supply, and compressed wood pellet manufacturing for use in electricity production.
We are responsible for generating 12% of the UK’s electricity. Having successfully upgraded the UK’s biggest power station through innovative engineering, Drax Power Station is now a predominantly biomass-fuelled generator. 70% of the electricity produced at Drax Power Station – enough to power Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield and Liverpool – is now made using compressed wood pellets rather than coal. Our generating portfolio also includes pump storage, run of river hydro, gas and biomass from waste.
Our US business employs innovative manufacturing techniques, using wood from responsibly managed working forests to produce compressed biomass pellets. These pellets are shipped safely and efficiently around (...)
Nothing specific but in general: Biomass Sustainability Policy Wood Pellet imports Power Generation Emissions Trading Climate Change
Drax Power Station
Selby YO8 8PH
Tel: 44 1757 618381
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
• Bioenergy Europe
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
•Climate Action •Competition •Development •Employment and Social Affairs •Energy •Environment •Regional Policy •Taxation •Trade •Trans-European Networks
Meetings with European Commission9 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 18 May 2021 - Laure Chapuis-Kombos - To discuss the options that the Commission are currently considering for the review of biomass sustainability within the proposal for REDIII. To discuss the role of sustainable bioenergy in the EU’s energy and climate plans. (DG Energy)
- 18 May 2021 - Riccardo Maggi - Forest biomass and Fit for 55 (DG European Green Deal)
- 27 Apr 2021 - Gints Freimanis Caroline Boeshertz Andrea Beltramello - Biomass sustainability (DG An Economy that Works for People)
- 08 Sep 2016 - Grzegorz Radziejewski - sustainable forest biomass (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 07 Sep 2016 - Shane Sutherland - Sustainability (DG Trade)
- 29 Jun 2016 - Manuel Szapiro - Energy Union research Innovation and competitiveness (DG Energy Union)
- 17 Nov 2015 - Heidi Jern - Energy Union (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 30 Sep 2015 - Peter van Kemseke - biomass policies and sustainablility (DG Energy Union)
- 11 Dec 2014 - Joachim Balke - Company activities of DRAX (DG Climate & Energy)