Warning! LobbyFacts is temporarily only showing data up to 19 September 2021. This is because from 20 September, the EU lobby register changed format and the register's secretariat is no longer providing complete and reliable daily data updates which LobbyFacts uses to keep up to date. This temporary problem has not affected LobbyFacts' archive facility, but for today's lobby data, please check the original EU lobby register. We hope the secretariat will remedy this soon, enabling us to launch a new improved and faster version of LobbyFacts.
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
5,000,000€ - 5,249,999€
Lobbyists declared: 30.5 FTE (31)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 22
Lobbying costs over the years:
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Bruegel is the European think tank that specialises in economics. Established in 2005, it is independent and non-doctrinal. Bruegel’s mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions.
Through publications, events, social media, and a lively blog, Bruegel has carved a unique discussion space for everyone interested in improving the quality of economic policy. Through a dual focus on analysis and impact, and dynamic relationships with policymakers at every governance level, it has also established itself as a vibrant laboratory for economic policies.
European macroeconomics, Global economics and governance, Finance and financial regulation, innovation and competition, Energy and climate.
33, rue de la Charité boite 4 boite 4
Tel: 32 22274270
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Full specified budget
View the full specified budget for this organisation on the Transparency Register website.
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Bruegel's mission is to improve the quality of economic policy making in Europe. This necessarily means that our work is aimed at the European institutions and the Member States, but it is impossible for us to separate the time spent on either as separate goals. It is for this reason we count all our costs as relevant to activities covered by the register and all our payroll personnel.
Meetings with European Commission22 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 30 Sep 2021 - Director-General John Berrigan - Banking (DG Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union)
- 07 Sep 2021 - Aleksandra Tomczak Stefanie Hiesinger Antoine Colombani - carbon contracts for difference (DG European Green Deal)
- 02 Sep 2021 - Commissioner Mairead McGuinness - Panel Discussion on Competitiveness of EU Banks and the Future of EU Banks (DG Financial services, financial stability and Capital Markets Union)
- 02 Sep 2021 - Diederik Samsom - Speech at Bruegel Annual Meeting - The role of the state in providing infrastructure for decarbonisation (DG European Green Deal)
- 13 Jul 2021 - Tommy De Temmerman - Preparation of the Csrr's upcoming speech at Bruegel (DG Financial services, financial stability and Capital Markets Union)
- 23 Jun 2021 - Director-General Maarten Verwey - Bruegel event: How to spend it? A closer look at the recovery plans. (DG Economic and Financial Affairs)
- 10 Dec 2020 - Vice-President Margaritis Schinas - New Pact on Migration and Asylum (DG Promoting our European Way of Life)
- 10 Dec 2020 - Natasha Bertaud - New Pact on Migration and Asylum (DG Promoting our European Way of Life)
- 14 May 2020 - Wojtek Talko - Webinar -Democracy in the times of COVID-19 (DG Values and Transparency)
- 14 May 2020 - Vice-President Věra Jourová - Webinar -Democracy in the times of COVID-19 (DG Values and Transparency)
- 21 Apr 2020 - Commissioner Elisa Ferreira - Debate on the role of cohesion policy in the fight against COVID 19 (DG Cohesion and Reforms)
- 21 Apr 2020 - Francisco Barros Castro - Debate on the role of cohesion policy in the fight against COVID 19 (DG Cohesion and Reforms)
- 02 Mar 2020 - Jérôme Deslandes Mirzha De Manuel - EU body for anti-money laundering; Completion of the Banking Union, with a specific focus on the European Deposit Insurance Scheme (DG An Economy that Works for People)
- 26 Feb 2020 - Antoine Colombani - Economic aspects of the Green Deal (DG European Green Deal)
- 20 Jan 2020 - Director-General Christian Danielsson - Neighbourhood and Enlargement (DG European Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations)
- 19 Nov 2019 - Executive Vice-President Margrethe Vestager - Roundtable on Artificial Intelligence (DG A Europe Fit for the Digital Age)
- 11 Sep 2019 - Commissioner Cecilia Malmström - EU-Singapore FTA/IPA (DG Trade)
- 09 Sep 2019 - Director-General Ditte Juul Jørgensen - Participation seminar - energy priorities (DG Energy)
- 04 Sep 2019 - Commissioner Cecilia Malmström - annual state of play (DG Trade)
- 07 Mar 2019 - Alexandra Marten Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero - Energy and climate related issues (DG Climate & Energy)
- 25 Feb 2019 - Director-General Olivier Guersent - Banking union (DG Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union)
- 18 Dec 2018 - Maria Asenius - Priorities for Trade for 2019 (DG Trade)