Details on registered organisation
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists declared: 7 FTE (14)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 8
Meetings with European Commission: 6
Lobbying costs over the years:
Fédération Française de l'Assurance (FFA)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Created in 1937, the FFSA (Fédération Française des Sociétés d’Assurances) has adopted new statutes that apply from 1st July 2016 and rebrands as FFA (Fédération Française de l’Assurance). The FFA has 280 corporate members that together represent 99% of the French insurance market.
The main objectives of the FFA are to:
- Promote the French Insurance market and develop consumer prevention and related technical studies ;
- Represent the insurers' interests at the French and European levels ;
- Negotiate social agreements and conventions such as professional retirement’s schemes or professional training.
- Solvency2, IMD2, Pensions, Distribution, Data Protection, ESAs review, PRIIPs, Capital Markets Union, Long-term investment, IFRS, Financial Transaction Tax, Recovery and resolution non-banks, Insurance guarantee schemes, European insurance, contract law, Anti-discrimination, Anti-money laundering, Property & Casualty, Cross-border insurance, Motor, Digital Single Market, Cybersecurity, Consumer protection, Intelligent Transport Systems, eHealth, Insurance Block Exemption. - Initiatives and consultations led by EIOPA,ESMA and the Joint Committee of the ESAs.
Boulevard Haussmann, 26
PARIS CEDEX 09 75311,
Tel: 33 01 42 47 92 07
Bureau de représentation à Bruxelles Fédération Française de l'Assurance Fédération Française de l'Assurance
Tel: 32 02 894 30 94
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
The FFA has a permanent office in Brussels. In Paris, FFA employees deliver expertise when required for meetings and events in Brussels (eg. in the context of EU insurers Association, Insurance Europe or with representatives of the European institutions). The above absolute number of people includes the full-time employees of the Brussels-based office of the FFA.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
The FFA is a member of:
- Insurance Europe
- Global Federation of Insurance Associations (GFIA)
A list of FFSA member companies can be found on the FFA website:
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Commission Expert Group on a European Insurance Contract Law (E02903)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
- Consultation responses. - Meetings with European Commission and ESAs officials involved in key initiatives. - Meeting with MEPs and their offices as appropriate.
Meetings with European Commission6 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 27 Jan 2017 - Tatyana Panova - PRIIPs (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 26 Feb 2016 - Christian Burgsmueller - TTIP (DG Trade)
- 17 Jun 2015 - Mette Toftdal Grolleman - Solvency II (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 18 Feb 2015 - Commissioner Jonathan Hill - IORP II, Solvency II, CMU (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 18 Feb 2015 - Commissioner - IORP II, Solvency II, CMU (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 05 Feb 2015 - Mette Toftdal Grolleman - Introduction meeting (DG Euro & Financial Markets)