European Biomass Association (AEBIOM)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
500,000€ - 599,999€
Lobbyists declared: 6 FTE (6)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 6
Meetings with European Commission: 10
Lobbying costs over the years:
European Biomass Association (AEBIOM)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
The European Biomass Association is a non profit Brussels based international organisation founded in 1990 whose mission is to develop sustainable bioenergy production and use in the EU (and beyond). AEBIOM brings together 40 national bioenergy associations based in Europe and about 80 companies from all over Europe.
AEBIOM is involved in a number of activities such as lobbying the EU institutions via position papers and responses to the EU consultations, EU projects. AEBIOM is also managing the Biomass part of Renewable Heating and Cooling Platform. Under the umbrella of AEBIOM, 17 national pellets associations and AEBIOM has created the European Pellets Council that helps the EU pellets market to implement the European Pellets standard EN 14961-2 by certifying and verifying the pellets producers and traders. AEBIOM also organizes its’ annual European Bioenergy Conference and events within the Sustainable Energy Week and within the European projects. AEBIOM communicates its’ activities and the developments of EU energy policies related to bioenergy sector via it's website and social media and various articles in the magazines such as Bioenergy International, Forest Bioenergy and Bioenergy Insight. Further details about AEBIOM activities can be found in AEBIOM Annual Report 2017 published on bioenergyeurope.org website.
AEBIOM will be soon renamed to BIOENERGY EUROPE
Energy Security, Renewable Energies, Biomass Sustainability, Common Agriculture Policy, Energy Efficiency, Long term decarbornisation strategy
Place Champs du Mars, 2
Tel: 32 23184100
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
World Bioenergy Association(www.worldbioenergy.org)
Founding member of European Pellets Council (EPC)
Secretariat of European Heating and Cooling Platform (Biomass part) (RHC)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Expert Group on Forest-based Industries and Sectorally Related Issues#E01356 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=1356 #Member #C
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
RES directive National RES plans Energy Taxation Directive ILUC LULUCF Sustainability CAP Energy Efficiency Directive Energy Performance of Buildings Directive Ecodesign of Energy Using Products Directive Co-generation Directive Emissions Trading Directive and NER 400
Meetings with European Commission10 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 14 Dec 2018 - Robert Schröder - Bio-economy strategy (DG Research)
- 03 Dec 2018 - Director-General Jerzy Bogdan Plewa - views of the European bioenergy sector (DG Agriculture and Rural Development)
- 05 Nov 2018 - Director-General Mauro Raffaele Petriccione - Long Term Strategy and exchange of views on the EU bioenergy sector (DG Climate Action)
- 19 Oct 2018 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - les atouts de la bioénergie en termes de développement économique, de création d'emplois mais aussi de sécurité énergétique et de réduction des émissions (DG Energy)
- 26 Jul 2017 - Christiane Canenbley - Position of AEBIOM on bioenergy sustainability (DG Agriculture)
- 26 Jul 2017 - Christiane Canenbley - Topics related to the bioenergy sector (DG Agriculture)
- 04 Oct 2016 - Yvon Slingenberg - Biomass (DG Climate & Energy)
- 12 Sep 2016 - Robert Schröder - EU bioenergy sustainability policy (DG Research)
- 08 Mar 2016 - Yvon Slingenberg - Biomass sustainability (DG Climate & Energy)
- 24 Mar 2015 - Peter Van Kemseke - Energy Union follow-up: cooling and heating (DG Energy Union)