Syngenta International AG
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
1,500,000€ - 1,749,000€
Lobbyists declared: 2 FTE (4)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 4
Meetings with European Commission: 6
Lobbying costs over the years:
Syngenta International AG
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources.
Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
To learn more visit www.syngenta.com and www.goodgrowthplan.com.
Activities in the policy areas of agriculture and legislations relevant for crop protection products, biotechnology and seeds. Syngenta also follows policies in the area of environment, trade, development, innovation and research.
Tel: 41 61 323 11 11
Avenue Louise 489
Tel: 32 2 642 27 27
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Syngenta is member of the following European industry associations:
- European Crop Protection Association (ECPA)
- European Seed Association (ESA).
Syngenta is a member of:
- American chamber of commerce to the European Union (AmCham EU)
Syngenta participates to following bodies:
- Transantlantic Policy Network (TPN),
- European Technology Platform (ETP) Plants for the Future
- New Breeding Techniques (NBT) Platform
- European Risk Forum (ERF).
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Climate Change, Biodiversity & Sustainable Development.
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission6 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 25 Nov 2016 - Dermot Ryan - general AGRI business + Syngenta issues (DG Agriculture)
- 27 Jun 2016 - Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis - New breeding techniques, innovation in seeds (DG Health)
- 27 Jun 2016 - Nathalie Chaze - New breeding techniques, innovation in seeds (DG Health)
- 25 May 2016 - Nathalie Chaze - Glyphosate (DG Health)
- 13 Oct 2015 - Maria Da Graca Carvalho - Bioeconomy (DG Research)
- 03 Jun 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - New College and Better Regulation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)