Syngenta Crop Protection AG
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
1,500,000€ - 1,749,000€
Lobbyists declared: 2.5 FTE (5)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 4
Meetings with European Commission: 17
Lobbying costs over the years:
Syngenta Crop Protection AG
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agriculture companies. Our ambition is to help safely feed the world while taking care of the planet. We aim to improve the sustainability, quality and safety of agriculture with world class science and innovative crop solutions. Our technologies enable millions of farmers around the world to make better use of limited agricultural resources.
With 28,000 people in more than 90 countries we are working to transform how crops are grown. Through partnerships, collaboration and The Good Growth Plan we are committed to improving farm productivity, rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
To learn more visit www.syngenta.com and www.goodgrowthplan.com.
Activities in the policy areas of agriculture and legislations relevant for crop protection products, biotechnology and seeds. Syngenta also follows policies in the area of environment, trade, development, innovation and research. In February 2018, Syngenta participated to 2 surveys related to a study commissioned by the European parliamentary Research Service (EPRS) in support of the work of the European Parliament’s Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety on a parliamentary report assessing the implementation of Regulation (EC) 1107/2009. In March 2018, Syngenta participated to the Commission public consultation on the transparency and sustainability of the EU risk assessment model in the food chain.
Tel: 41 61 323 11 11
Avenue Louise 489
Tel: 32 2 642 27 27
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Syngenta is member of the following industry associations:
- European Crop Protection Association (ECPA)
- European Seed Association (ESA)
- International Biocontrol Manufacturers Association (IBMA)
- European Biostimulants Industry Council (EBIC)
Syngenta is a member of:
- American chamber of commerce to the European Union (AmCham EU)
Syngenta participates to following bodies:
- Transantlantic Policy Network (TPN),
- European Technology Platform (ETP) Plants for the Future
- New Breeding Techniques (NBT) Platform
- European Risk Forum (ERF).
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Climate Change, Biodiversity & Sustainable Development.
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission17 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 02 Sep 2019 - Bernardus Smulders - New Techniques in Biotecnology (DG Better Regulation)
- 08 Aug 2019 - Nathalie Chaze - The Future of EU policy on PPP and GMOs (DG Health)
- 13 Jun 2019 - Nathalie Chaze - Innovation in the field of plant protection products (DG Health)
- 21 May 2019 - Commissioner Phil Hogan - Agri Matters (DG Agriculture)
- 12 Mar 2019 - Nathalie Chaze - GMO import approvals and new breeding techniques (DG Health)
- 04 Feb 2019 - Nathalie Chaze - Plant Breeding Innovation (DG Health)
- 20 Sep 2018 - Nathalie Chaze - Sustainable farming, plant protection products (DG Health)
- 23 Feb 2018 - Nathalie Chaze - Approval of plant protection products (DG Health)
- 27 Jul 2017 - Nathalie Chaze - Plant protection products (DG Health)
- 10 Jul 2017 - Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis - Plant protection products (DG Health)
- 10 Jul 2017 - Nathalie Chaze - Plant protection products (DG Health)
- 25 Nov 2016 - Dermot Ryan - general AGRI business + Syngenta issues (DG Agriculture)
- 27 Jun 2016 - Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis - New breeding techniques, innovation in seeds (DG Health)
- 27 Jun 2016 - Nathalie Chaze - New breeding techniques, innovation in seeds (DG Health)
- 25 May 2016 - Nathalie Chaze - Glyphosate (DG Health)
- 13 Oct 2015 - Maria Da Graca Carvalho - Bioeconomy (DG Research)
- 03 Jun 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - New College and Better Regulation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)