FIPRA International SRL (FIPRA)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
3,000,000€ - 3,249,999€
Lobbyists declared: 48.5 FTE (52)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 27
Meetings with European Commission: 45
Lobbying costs over the years:
FIPRA International SRL (FIPRA)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Founded in 2000, FIPRA International is a leading European and international public affairs consultancy advising clients on a range of government relations and regulatory policy issues. FIPRA International has relationships with a range of other consultancies across Europe and globally: the wider FIPRA network extends to over 50 countries both in Europe and internationally. FIPRA’s business focus is on the provision of advice and assistance in “public affairs” also termed “government relations”. We advise companies and non-corporate clients on how best to engage with government and public institutions on questions of policy, legislation and regulation that concern them.
FIPRA’s business focus is on the provision of advice and assistance in “public affairs” also termed “government relations”. We advise companies and non-corporate clients on how best to engage with government and public institutions on questions of policy, legislation and regulation that concern them. In Europe, much of our work is undertaken with the institutions of the European Union. Our entry on the joint European Commission and European Parliament Register relates to our work undertaken on behalf of clients in connection with the EU institutions. Specific EU legislative proposals and/or policies being followed vary according to the interests of our clients, but in the course of 2020 these have included: EU environmental policy, including the European Green Deal and Roadmap; public consultations by DG COMP on aspects of EU competition policy (mergers, anti-trust, state aid); public consultations by DG GROW, DG CNECT and DG MOVE on aspects of EU mobility and connected intelligent transport systems (C-ITS) and related data aspects; EU policies on health, wellbeing and pharmaceutical policy, including the EU Roadmap on pharmaceutical strategy; EU chemicals legislation REACH, authorisation of substances; EU trade policy, in particular EU-US (TTIP) and EU-UK negotiations for a post-Brexit EU-UK trade agreement; EU data and technology policy, including on access to data and data-sharing, and the proposed White Paper on artificial intelligence policy. FIPRA is also registered on the EU Health Policy Platform (see: https://ec.europa.eu/health/interest_groups/policy_platform_en) representing HIV Outcomes: https://hivoutcomes.eu
227 Rue de la Loi
Tel: 32 26132828
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Robert Madelin is a consultant to FIPRA. He is married to Marie-Christine Jalabert who works at the Directorate-General for Energy (DG ENER).
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
BritCham - British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium
Competition Law Forum (CLF)
European Policy Centre (EPC)
European Public Affairs Consultancies Association (EPACA)
European Risk Forum (ERF) 1
1 FIPRA International is a member of the ERF, a not-for-profit think tank with a focus on regulatory risk, better regulation, impact assessment, the best use of science and related matters. FIPRA offers pro-bono support to the ERF.
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
Clients generating a turnover of 200000-299999 €
Gilead Sciences Europe Ltd.
Clients generating a turnover of 100000-199999 €
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
ViiV Healthcare UK Ltd
Clients generating a turnover of 50000-99999 €
Belron lnternational Limited
Dow Europe GmbH
Smart Kid S.A.
Clients generating a turnover of 25000-49999 €
Baxalta Belgium Manufacturing SA
Henkel Belgium SA
Honeywell Europe N.V.
Latvijas Finieris AS
Paged Pisz Sp. z o.o.
Clients generating a turnover of 10000-24999 €
AstraZeneca UK Ltd
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Novartis Pharma AG
Terumo BCT Europe N.V
Clients generating a turnover of 0-9999 €
Cuptronic Technologies AB
EU Amino Acids Alliance
EU Travel Tech
Inmarsat Solution B.V
Rio Sava Exploration
Shire Belgium SPRL
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
With effect from January 2021, FIPRA International SRL is the parent company for FIPRA International Ltd. This entry duly covers all relevant activities by FIPRA International SRL and FIPRA International Ltd as its subsidiary company.
Meetings with European Commission45 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 07 Dec 2020 - Stefanie Hiesinger - Presentation of the HYBRIT project’s progress in view of the ambitious Green Deal objectives (DG European Green Deal)
- 02 Dec 2020 - Hugo Monteiro Brilhante Sobral - Webinar Portuguese EU presidency - "Summer storms or a new normal?" (DG Cohesion and Reforms)
- 22 Sep 2020 - Stefanie Hiesinger - Classification of the alumina industry in the EU ETS (DG European Green Deal)
- 22 Sep 2020 - the Chair of the Regulatory Scrutiny Board Veronica Gaffey - Better Regulation virtual event (DG Regulatory Scrutiny Board)
- 28 Feb 2020 - Elzbieta Lukaniuk - Meeting with Smart Kid Belt on road safety (DG Transport)
- 07 Feb 2020 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - EU long term priorities (DG Energy Union)
- 29 Jan 2020 - Director-General Anne Bucher - Keynote speaker at launch of W@Life Sciences (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 29 Jan 2020 - Vice-President Margaritis Schinas - The Green Deal, The Revised Schengen Code, Competition in the shipping industry (DG Promoting our European Way of Life)
- 29 Jan 2020 - Chris Uregian - The Green Deal, The Revised Schengen Code, Competition in the shipping industry (DG Promoting our European Way of Life)
- 23 Jan 2020 - Juraj Nociar - Working priorities in the new EC (DG Energy Union)
- 28 Jun 2019 - Director-General Anne Bucher - o A senior European Commissioner to oversee cross- and inter-sectoral action on health and well-being, o Strengthened health and well-being impact assessments in the EU; o A ‘home for health’ within the Commission to create a centre of knowledge and expertise to cooperate with other international organisations such as the WHO and OECD. (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 25 Sep 2018 - Kaius Kristian Hedberg - microprocessing. Global Foundries also attended the meeting (DG Internal Market)
- 25 Sep 2018 - Nele Eichhorn - Developments in the global contract chipmaking market (DG Trade)
- 04 Sep 2018 - Eric Peters - technologies and digitalisation of Travel and Tourism (DG Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth)
- 18 Jul 2018 - Acting Director-General Gertrud Ingestad - Commission Digital Strategy (DG Informatics)
- 06 Jul 2018 - Director-General Stephen Quest - Customs Futures 2018-2025 (DG Taxation and Customs Union)
- 27 Jun 2018 - Acting Director-General Gertrud Ingestad - Commisson Digital Strategy (DG Informatics)
- 18 Apr 2018 - Risto Artjoki - Industrial policy in Europe (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 22 Mar 2018 - Silke Obst - Connected and automated driving (DG Transport)
- 26 Oct 2017 - Grzegorz Radziejewski - The New Plastics Economy (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 28 Sep 2017 - Rolf Carsten Bermig Kaius Kristian Hedberg - EU industrial policy strategy (DG Internal Market)
- 05 Sep 2017 - Director-General Daniel Calleja Crespo - EU industrial policy and Circular Economy (DG Environment)
- 05 Sep 2017 - Robert Schröder Antonio Lowndes Marques De Araujo Vicente - future framework programme (DG Research)
- 23 Mar 2017 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - CAN GAS SPUR THE ENERGY TRANSITION IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE? (DG Climate & Energy)
- 23 Mar 2017 - Joachim Balke - CAN GAS SPUR THE ENERGY TRANSITION IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE? (DG Climate & Energy)
- 07 Feb 2017 - Maria Elena Scoppio - Impact of innovation on EU economic recovery (DG Economics & Tax)
- 30 Jan 2017 - Astrid Ladefoged - Innovation and chemicals (DG Environment)
- 30 Jan 2017 - Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis - Pesticides; competition (DG Health)
- 30 Jan 2017 - Commissioner Karmenu Vella - Innovation and chemicals (DG Environment)
- 30 Jan 2017 - Nathalie Chaze - Pesticides; competition (DG Health)
- 04 Feb 2016 - Director-General Xavier Prats Monné - Preperation of the Conference 'Enhancing Value of the European Health Systems' (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 25 Jan 2016 - Andras Inotai - European Maritime Day (DG Environment)
- 15 Oct 2015 - Juho Romakkaniemi - Taxation and investment (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 28 Jul 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - DSM and Innovation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 09 Jul 2015 - Eric Mamer - DSM (DG Digital Economy)
- 09 Jul 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - DSM (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 04 Mar 2015 - Director-General Joao Aguiar Machado - Cruise industry, regulatory environment (DG Mobility and Transport)
- 04 Mar 2015 - Director-General Lowri Evans - Cruise Industry (DG Maritime Affairs and Fisheries)
- 03 Mar 2015 - Friedrich-Nikolaus von Peter Marjeta Jager - Adam Goldstein CLIA (DG Transport)
- 03 Mar 2015 - Commissioner Violeta Bulc - Adam Goldstein CLIA (DG Transport)
- 12 Feb 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - Digital Single Market, Innovation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 22 Jan 2015 - Kaius Kristian Hedberg Rolf Carsten Bermig - Life sciences sector (DG Internal Market)
- 22 Jan 2015 - Michael Curtis - Situation in Libya and EU policy including sanctions (DG External Action)
- 13 Jan 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - MSS, DAG, Third Package review and Innovation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 12 Dec 2014 - Peter van Kemseke - Energy Union (DG Energy Union)