RTL Group (RTL)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
200,000€ - 299,999€
Lobbyists declared: 1.75 FTE (2)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 2
Meetings with European Commission: 15
Lobbying costs over the years:
RTL Group (RTL)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
RTL Group is a leader across broadcast, content and digital, with interests in 56 television channels and 31 radio stations, content production throughout the world and rapidly growing digital video businesses. The television portfolio of Europe’s largest broadcaster includes RTL Television in Germany, M6 in France, the RTL channels in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Croatia, Hungary and Antena 3 in Spain. RTL Group’s families of TV channels are either the number one or number two in eight European countries. The Group’s flagship radio station is RTL in France, and it also owns or has interests in other stations in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain and Luxembourg. RTL Group’s content production arm, FremantleMedia, is one of the largest international creators, producers and distributors of multi-genre content outside the US. With operations in 31 countries, FremantleMedia’s comprehensive global network is responsible for approximately 12,000 hours of programming a year and distributes over 20,000 hours of content worldwide. Combining the catch-up TV services of its broadcasters, the multi-platform networks BroadbandTV, StyleHaul and Divimove as well as FremantleMedia’s more than 280 YouTube channels, RTL Group has become the leading European media company in online video. RTL Group also owns the advanced video ad serving platform SpotX.
- Review of EU copyright rules - Review of AVMS Directive - Online Platform regulation - Telecoms Single Market - Data protection reform - Radio Spectrum Policy - Advertising regulation
Boulevard Pierre Frieden, 45
Tel: 352 2486 0
Avenue des Gaulois, 3
Tel: 32 22308675
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Lyn Trytsman-Gray, Senior Vice President European Affairs
Theofanis Kakarnias, European Affairs Policy Manager
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Association of Commercial Television in Europe (18574111503-28), European Policy Centre (89632641000-47), European Broadcasting Union (93288301615-56), Association of Television and Radio Sales Houses (1977807375-62)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
High-Level Expert Group on Fake News#E03567 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3567 #Member #C#Sub Group 3 B Role and responsibilities of news media organizations/broadcasters
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
- Audiovisual media policy - Intellectual property and copyright - Digital Single Market - Advertising - Information society - Data protection/E-Privacy
Meetings with European Commission15 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 10 Nov 2017 - Manuel Mateo-Goyet - broadcasting regulation and copyright directive (DG Digital Economy)
- 11 Sep 2017 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - copyright (DG Digital Economy)
- 13 Jul 2017 - Pauline Rouch - Digital Single Market (DG Presidency)
- 19 Jun 2017 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Better internet for kids (DG Digital Single Market)
- 19 Jun 2017 - Laure Chapuis-Kombos - Better internet for kids (DG Digital Single Market)
- 22 May 2017 - Anna Herold - DSM (DG Digital Economy)
- 05 Apr 2016 - Szabolcs Horvath - Digital Single Market (DG Education)
- 10 Nov 2015 - Director-General Roberto Viola - AVMSD (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 28 Oct 2015 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - DSM: copyright and AVMS review (DG Digital Economy)
- 11 Jun 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - DSM/AVMS/MEDIA (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 03 Jun 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - New College and Better Regulation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 29 Apr 2015 - Jonathan Michael Hill - Meeting on Digital Single Market (DG Education)
- 25 Apr 2015 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - DSM (DG Digital Economy)
- 10 Apr 2015 - Maria Elena Scoppio - Hungarian advertising tax (DG Economics & Tax)
- 10 Apr 2015 - Markus Schulte - Advertising tax (DG Digital Economy)