RTL Group (RTL)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
200,000€ - 299,999€
Lobbyists declared: 1.75 FTE (2)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 2
Meetings with European Commission: 14
Lobbying costs over the years:
RTL Group (RTL)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
With 60 television channels and 31 radio stations in twelve countries, RTL Group is the leading European entertainment network. The Luxembourg-based company operates TV channels and radio stations in Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Spain, Hungary, Croatia and South East Asia. It is one of the world’s leading producers of television content such as talent and game shows, drama, daily soaps and telenovelas, including the Young Pope, American Gods, Idols, Got Talent, The X Factor, Good Times - Bad Times and Family Feud.
RTL Group is also the leading European media company in online video, combining the catch-up services of its broadcasters, the multi-channel networks BroadbandTV and StyleHaul, FremantleMedia's more than 215 YouTube channels and the programmatic video advertising platform SpotXchange.
RTL Group strives to provide its audiences with high quality audiovisual content. We are acutely aware of the special nature of the media business as both an opinion former and information provider, and the responsibilities of a media company toward its communities. Our aim is to offer a broad range of content addressing all of society including both quality information and popular entertainment. The wide range of our activities and initiatives reflects our decentralised corporate structure.
- Review of EU copyright rules - Review of AVMS Directive - Online Platform regulation - Telecoms Single Market - Data protection reform - Radio Spectrum Policy - Advertising regulation
Boulevard Pierre Frieden, 45
Tel: 352 2486 0
Avenue des Gaulois, 3
Tel: 32 22308675
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Lyn Trytsman-Gray, Senior Vice President European Affairs
Theofanis Kakarnias, European Affairs Policy Manager
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Association of Commercial Television in Europe (18574111503-28), European Policy Centre (89632641000-47), European Broadcasting Union (93288301615-56), Association of Television and Radio Sales Houses (1977807375-62)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
- Audiovisual media policy - Intellectual property and copyright - Digital Single Market - Advertising - Information society
Meetings with European Commission14 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 10 Nov 2017 - Manuel Mateo-Goyet - broadcasting regulation and copyright directive (DG Digital Economy)
- 13 Jul 2017 - Pauline Rouch - Digital Single Market (DG Presidency)
- 19 Jun 2017 - Laure Chapuis-Kombos - Better internet for kids (DG Digital Single Market)
- 19 Jun 2017 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Better internet for kids (DG Digital Single Market)
- 22 May 2017 - Anna Herold - DSM (DG Digital Economy)
- 05 Apr 2016 - Szabolcs Horvath - Digital Single Market (DG Education)
- 10 Nov 2015 - Director-General Roberto Viola - AVMSD (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 28 Oct 2015 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - DSM: copyright and AVMS review (DG Digital Economy)
- 11 Jun 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - DSM/AVMS/MEDIA (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 03 Jun 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - New College and Better Regulation (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 29 Apr 2015 - Jonathan Michael Hill - Meeting on Digital Single Market (DG Education)
- 25 Apr 2015 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - DSM (DG Digital Economy)
- 10 Apr 2015 - Maria Elena Scoppio - Hungarian advertising tax (DG Economics & Tax)
- 10 Apr 2015 - Markus Schulte - Advertising tax (DG Digital Economy)