AFEW International (AFEW)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists declared: 2.5 FTE (4)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 0
Lobbying costs over the years:
AFEW International (AFEW)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
The mission: AFEW International is an international network of civil society organizations that is dedicated to improving the health of key populations.
With a focus on Eastern Europe and Central Asia, AFEW International strives to promote health and increase access to prevention, treatment and care for public health concerns such as HIV, TB, viral hepatitis and sexual and reproductive health.
We seek to do this by:
• Advocating for human rights for key populations and protecting the rights to health
• Decreasing stigma of HIV/AIDS by providing information to community leaders and creating a supportive environment
• Utilizing innovative strategies to promote healthy behaviours
• Engaging communities in developing participatory approaches
The vision of the AFEW-network is a world where all people, regardless of their role in society, habits or their HIV status, have access to healthcare and other services that give them the opportunity to achieve their full potential. As such, through its work, the members of the AFEW-network employ a set of core values.
Focus and objectives of the members of the AFEW-network
- With the ultimate aim to contribute to the mission the parties set out to focus on core activities, which are:
- Capacity building of local NGO’s and governmental organizations
- Development of mass media campaigns
- Development of information and education materials and events to inform the final beneficiaries
- Effective liaison and partnership with community and governmental structure
- Piloting and expanding innovative approaches to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support
EU drugs Strategy (2013 - 2020). AIDS Action Europe. member of Civil Society Forum on HIV/AIDS. member of Civil Society Forum on drugs. Member of EU-Russia civil society forum. OECD background paper - economy of well-being. WHO decade ageing proposal.
Van Diemenstraat 48 1013NH 1013NH
Tel: 31 206381718
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
collaboration, see afew.org
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Full specified budget
View the full specified budget for this organisation on the Transparency Register website.
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
EU HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis and Tuberculosis Civil Society Forum#E00934 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=934 #Member #C#Commission expert group - Civil Society Forum on Drugs#E02681 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=2681 #Member #C#Sub-group on EU Action Plan on Drugs#Sub-group on Relations with International Institutions#Sub-group on Engagement with National Policies
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission
No meetings found.