Deutsche Post DHL Group (DPDHL)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
2,250,000€ - 2,499,999€
Lobbyists declared: 9.5 FTE (10)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 5
Meetings with European Commission: 25
Lobbying costs over the years:
Deutsche Post DHL Group (DPDHL)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Deutsche Post DHL Group is the world’s leading mail and logistics services provider. The Deutsche Post and DHL corporate brands represent a one-of-a-kind portfolio of logistics (DHL) and communications (Deutsche Post) services. The Group provides its customers with both easy to use standardized products as well as innovative and tailored solutions ranging from dialog marketing to industrial supply chains. About 571.974 employees in more than 220 countries and territories form a global network focused on service, quality and sustainability. With programs in the areas of climate protection, disaster relief and education, the Group is committed to social and environmental responsibility. In 2020, Deutsche Post DHL generated revenues of € 66.81 billion.
Deutsche Post DHL’s Representation in Brussels acts as an intermediary between the Group and the European institutions as well as associations and other organizations located in Brussels. The main tasks of the Representation:
1. Union Customs Code legal package and implementing legislation 2. Directive 2017/2455 of regarding modernizing VAT for cross-border e-commerce and its implementing legislation [implementation] 3. 2020/2129(INL) INL - Legislative initiative procedure on Corporate due diligence and corporate accountability 4. Air transport agreements concluded under regulation (EC) NO 847/2004 5. Sustainable Finance Regulation (EU) 2020/852 on the establishment of a framework to facilitate sustainable investment [implementation] 6. Regulation (EU) 2018/644 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 April 2018 on cross-border parcel delivery services [implementation] 7. Directive 2013/34/EU on annual financial statements and consolidated financial statements (the new Accounting Directive) (CbCR) 8. Proposal for a Council Directive on a Common Corporate Tax Base COM (2016)685 & Annexes to Proposal for a Council Directive on a Common Corporate Tax Base COM(2016)685. 9. Review of Directive 2014/95/EU amending Directive 2013/34/EU as regards disclosure of non-financial and diversity information by certain large undertakings and groups 10. COM(2018) 379 final: Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council amending Regulation (EC) No 1393/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the service in the Member States of judicial and extrajudicial documents in civil or commercial matters (service of documents) 11. Trade and Cooperation Agreement between the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community, of the one part, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, of the other part [implementation] 12. COM (2020) 842: Proposal for a REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on contestable and fair markets in the digital sector (Digital Markets Act) 13. COM (2020) 825: Proposal for a REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on a Single Market For Digital Services (Digital Services Act) and amending Directive 2000/31/EC 14. COM(2020) 823 final: Proposal for a DIRECTIVE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on measures for a high common level of cybersecurity across the Union, repealing Directive (EU) 2016/1148 15. COM(2019) 640 final: COMMUNICATION FROM THE COMMISSION The European Green Deal 16. COM(2020) 301 final COMMUNICATION FROM THE COMMISSION A hydrogen strategy for a climate-neutral Europe 17. COM(2020) 789 final COMMUNICATION on Sustainable and Smart Mobility Strategy – putting European transport on track for the future 18. Business taxation in the 21st century 19. Renewed Sustainable Finance Initiative 20. Sustainable aviation fuels – ReFuelEU Aviation 21. EU renewable energy rules – review 22. EU Green Deal – Revision of the Energy Taxation Directive 23. Climate change – updating the EU emissions trading system (ETS) 24. EU emissions trading system - updated rules for aviation 25. DIRECTIVE 2002/49/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 25 June 2002 relating to the assessment and management of environmental noise 26. REGULATION (EU) No 598/2014 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 16 April 2014 on the establishment of rules and procedures with regard to the introduction of noise-related operating restrictions at Union airports within a Balanced Approach and repealing Directive 2002/30/EC
Tel: 49 22818297000
Corporate Representation Brussels Avenue d'Auderghem 22-28 Avenue d'Auderghem 22-28
Tel: 32 27750221
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Alliance for European Logistics (AEL)
European Express Association (EEA)
Federation of European Direct and Interactive Marketing (FEDMA)
European Logistics Platform (ELP/CLECAT)
European Services Forum (ESF)
European Cargo Alliance (ECA)
Further information are provided on our website: https://www.dpdhl.com/en/sustainability/organization-and-strategy/memberships-and-partnerships.html
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Digital Transport and Logistics Forum#E03280#http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3280 #Member #C#Industry#DTLF II SG II#DLTF II SG I#corridor cargo flows#e-transport documents#Expert Group on alternative transport fuels ('the Sustainable Transport Forum')#E03321#http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3321 #Member #C#Industry#C2020 - CPG/146 Project Group on Import and Export Formalities related to low value consignments#E03518#http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3518 #Member #C#Professionals#Consultative Forum on EU External Aviation Policy#E03519#http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3519 #Member #C#Industry
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
The aforementioned activities reflect the most important EU legislative procedures that DPDHL Group is dealing with. Besides, DPDHL Group is following all company-relevant issues that are discussed at EU level.
Meetings with European Commission25 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 16 Jul 2021 - Director-General Gerassimos Thomas - Physical meeting - Visit to DPDHL International Postal Centre at FFM Airport, discussion on the entry into force of the e-commerce package, launch of the ICS2, and on the modernisation of postal transit rules. (DG Taxation and Customs Union)
- 18 May 2021 - Michael Hager - Sustainability (DG An Economy that Works for People)
- 04 May 2021 - Director-General Henrik Hololei - DHL Sustainability Roadmap (DG Mobility and Transport)
- 30 Apr 2021 - Stefanie Hiesinger - Presentation and discussion of the new Deutsche Post DHL Group Sustainability Roadmap (DG European Green Deal)
- 19 Apr 2021 - Gaëlle Michelier Rachel Smit Elzbieta Lukaniuk - Meeting to discuss sustainable logistics. (DG Transport)
- 07 Oct 2020 - Michael Hager - Industrial policy (DG An Economy that Works for People)
- 26 Feb 2020 - Anouk Faber Christoph Nerlich - Skills (DG Jobs and Social Rights)
- 25 Apr 2017 - Christian Linder - Mobility Package (DG Energy Union)
- 02 May 2016 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - e-Commerce, parcel delivery (DG Digital Single Market)
- 02 May 2016 - Vivian Loonela - e-Commerce, parcel delivery (DG Digital Single Market)
- 07 Apr 2016 - Kilian Gross - parcel delivery (DG Digital Economy)
- 14 Feb 2016 - Commissioner Violeta Bulc - Roundtable with European Businesses in Singapore (DG Transport)
- 14 Feb 2016 - Matej Zakonjsek Desiree Oen - Roundtable with European Businesses in Singapore (DG Transport)
- 09 Feb 2016 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - DSM, e-commerce (DG Digital Economy)
- 24 Jun 2015 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - hybrid communication services (DG Digital Economy)
- 12 Mar 2015 - Maximilian Strotmann - Digital Single Market - e-freight - conference (DG Digital Single Market)
- 03 Mar 2015 - Commissioner Violeta Bulc - Meeting with DHL (DG Transport)
- 03 Mar 2015 - Commissioner Elżbieta Bieńkowska - Introductory meeting (DG Internal Market)
- 03 Mar 2015 - Fabrice Comptour - Introductory meeting (DG Internal Market)
- 26 Feb 2015 - Kaius Kristian Hedberg Fabrice Comptour - e-commerce and parcel delivery (DG Internal Market)
- 28 Jan 2015 - Maria Elena Scoppio - Union Customs Code - implementing and delegated acts (DG Economics & Tax)
- 28 Jan 2015 - Markus Schulte - E-commerce (DG Digital Economy)
- 27 Jan 2015 - Desiree Oen - Transport and logistics policy (DG Transport)
- 27 Jan 2015 - Kamila Kloc Jasmin Battista - Parcel delivery (DG Digital Single Market)
- 26 Jan 2015 - Director-General Joao Aguiar Machado - EU-Asia rail links (DG Mobility and Transport)