Edison Spa (EDS)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
200,000€ - 299,999€
Lobbyists declared: 2 FTE (3)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 2
Meetings with European Commission: 15
Lobbying costs over the years:
Edison Spa (EDS)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Edison (www.edison.it) is one of the oldest energy companies in Europe. It is a leader of the national energy market in Italy as well as being very active in the sector of electricity and gas in several European countries. Edison is involved in ambitious investments projects , in partnership with major stakeholders, reflecting its commitment to the establishment of a new way of generating energy. Edison is committed to several energy sources as well as being a part of several projects of highest strategic importance to the EU. As part of the EDF group, Edison plans to further develop this policy.
For more information please check www.edison.it or contact email@example.com
Edison’s advocacy activities are only related to the field of energy. We provide our contributions to all the public consultations, we formulate position papers on specific subjects and we arrange meetings with the EU institutions. We are currently following several dossiers related to the energy union, gas infrastructure, electricity and gas market design and related energy and environmental policies.
Foro Buonaparte, 31
Tel: 39 0262221
Avenue des Arts, 53
Tel: 32 027371570
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Edison participates in various organizations of interest representation in Italy as well as in Europe. The sharing of information through the presence of Edison representatives in committees and working groups contributes to an informed internal debate.
On a purely informational basis, below are listed some of the most important organizations Edison is working closely with :
- Elettricitafutura /Eurelectric
- Confindustria / Businesseurope
- GIE / GTE / GSE / GLE
- GII (Gruppo Iniziativa italiana)
Edison also participates in the activities of the Industry Advisory Panel of the Charter Energy Treaty.
For further information please check www.edison.it or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Edison has been collaborating with the European institutions since many years, offering its experience as a leader in the energy market, for a more in depth elaboration of community legislation. For this purpose, Edison elaborates analysis, studies and positions which are shared with community institutions and stakeholders involved in the European debate. Edison has also initated an ambitious investment plan in energy infrastructures, in the electricity sector as well as in the natural gas sector. Many aspects of these investments have implications linked to community law and in some cases are under the complete competency of the EU institutions. Edison’s Institutional Relations Department has the task of effectively and appropriately interacting to guarantee to the European commission and the institutions involved punctual and broad information on the evolution of the dossiers, as well as elaborating subjects that fall directly under community competency. The Brussels office actively collaborates with the various stakeholders and representative organizations and interacts when necessary with community institutions also to represent the positions of the organizations. For more information please go to www.edison.it or contact Bruxelles@edison.it
Meetings with European Commission15 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 06 Jun 2019 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Long Term Strategy (DG Climate & Energy)
- 01 Sep 2017 - Commissioner Pierre Moscovici - Exchange of views on the Italian and euro zone economies and priorities for reform (DG Economics & Tax)
- 01 Sep 2017 - Simon O'Connor - Exchange of views on the Italian and euro zone economies and priorities for reform (DG Economics & Tax)
- 19 Jul 2017 - Joachim Balke - Gas infrastructure (DG Climate & Energy)
- 06 Oct 2016 - Bernd Biervert - Energy situation in the Easter-Mediterrenean (DG Energy Union)
- 25 Apr 2016 - Bernd Biervert - Gas Strategy (DG Energy Union)
- 25 Nov 2015 - Bernd Biervert - Security of gas supply, renewables, electricity market design (DG Energy Union)
- 17 Sep 2015 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Investment in Algeria (DG Climate & Energy)
- 17 Sep 2015 - Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero Isaac Valero Ladron - Investment in Algeria (DG Climate & Energy)
- 10 Mar 2015 - Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero Silvia Bartolini - Internal Energy market (DG Climate & Energy)
- 12 Jan 2015 - Rolf Carsten Bermig - Euroepan Energy policy and Edison's European gas operations & gas pipeline projects, The Greek power market, The Italian electricity market, in particular hydropower (DG Internal Market)
- 12 Jan 2015 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - European Energy Policy priorities (DG Energy)
- 12 Jan 2015 - Arianna Vannini - The importance of the Juncker Investment plan for the energy sector (DG External Action)
- 09 Dec 2014 - Joachim Balke Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero Silvia Bartolini - Introducing EDISON (DG Climate & Energy)
- 09 Dec 2014 - Silvia Bartolini - Energy Union and Climate Action (DG Climate & Energy)