Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofAML)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
1,250,000€ - 1,499,999€
Lobbyists declared: 2.75 FTE (5)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 2
Meetings with European Commission: 17
Lobbying costs over the years:
Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofAML)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and medium enterprises and large corporations. In EMEA, Bank of America’s principal local operations are Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofAML), which includes Bank of America’s global banking and markets businesses. With offices in over 30 cities across EMEA and a regional presence since 1922, we serve the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise.
As a global financial institution, we are also committed to developing solutions to social and economic challenges. Our responsibility platform focuses on: our business practices; environmental sustainability; local community advancement through education and employability programmes; global leadership development and the promotion of cultural understanding. By harnessing our intellectual capital, sharing knowledge and connecting capital with need, we believe that we can provide opportunities that effect positive change for all.
Capital Markets Union European Market Infrastructure Regulation Recovery & Resolution of CCPs Capital requirements regulation and directive Markets in Financial Instruments Directive/Regulation Securitisation EU Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive Banking Union Directive on Payment Services Financial Transaction Tax Data Protection Transatlantic Investment and Trade Partnership Banking structural reform Corporate social responsibility Gender Diversity Anti-Money Laundering Climate Change Cyber Security Marco-Economic issue EU-US issues
King Edward Street, 2
Tel: 44 2079969651
Brussels Office Bank of America Merrill Lynch Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Tel: 32 24018746
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
In addition to Government Affairs staff, Bank of America Merrill Lynch employs a number of subject matter experts and executives, who interact with the EU institutions and contribute to consultations.
Such activities constitute less than 5% of their working time, and therefore the activities performed by these employees are not counted in the figures above.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
ISDA (International Swaps and Derivatives Association)
AFME (Association of Foreign Markets in Europe)
GFMA (Global Financial Markets Association)
BBA (British Bankers Association)
ICMA (International Capital Market Association)
IIF (The Institute of International Finance)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Consultative Working Group (CWG) for ESMA’s Financial Innovation Standing Committee
Expert groups (European Commission)
European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA) Experts Group Finance Information and Communications Technology (EGFI)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
-Regulation and policy changes related to the financial services industry
Meetings with European Commission17 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 03 May 2017 - Marlene MADSEN - Economic and political developments in the EU and the UK (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 06 Apr 2017 - Director-General Olivier Guersent - Exchange views on US and European economic prospects, the state of play of financial regulation initiatives in the EU and in the US, and also the future of banking, particularly in the context of Brexit. (DG Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union)
- 02 Mar 2017 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - migration, security (DG Digital Economy)
- 11 Oct 2016 - Andreja Kodrin - Meeting with Alex Wilmot-Sitwell and global investors in transport infrastructure (DG Transport)
- 11 Oct 2016 - Commissioner Violeta Bulc - Meeting with Alex Wilmot-Sitwell and global investors in transport infrastructure (DG Transport)
- 06 Apr 2016 - Kilian GROSS - European gas market (DG Digital Economy)
- 05 Feb 2016 - Commissioner Jonathan Hill - Call for evidence; MiFID level 2 (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 05 Feb 2016 - Commissioner - Call for evidence; MiFID level 2 (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 10 Sep 2015 - Director-General Olivier Guersent - EU and US regulatory agenda, the EU-US regulatory projet and the Capital Markets Union. (DG Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union)
- 16 Apr 2015 - Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis - Capital Markets Union – State of EU/US banking markets (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 16 Apr 2015 - Tuure Taneli Lahti - Capital Markets Union – State of EU/US banking markets (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 09 Mar 2015 - Lee Foulger - Securitisation (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 16 Feb 2015 - Valérie Herzberg - Securitisation (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 23 Jan 2015 - Vice-President Jyrki Katainen - Investment plan (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 23 Jan 2015 - Edward Bannerman - Investment plan (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 21 Jan 2015 - Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis - Eurozone macro-economic outlook and the Banking Union as it currently stands, as well as the state of the European and American economy (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 21 Jan 2015 - Tuure Taneli Lahti - Eurozone macro-economic outlook and the Banking Union as it currently stands, as well as the state of the European and American economy (DG Euro & Financial Markets)