WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
1,500,000€ - 1,749,000€
Lobbyists declared: 5.25 FTE (11)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 9
Meetings with European Commission: 10
Lobbying costs over the years:
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
We are a science-led global healthcare company. Our purpose is to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
Our Pharmaceuticals business has a broad portfolio of innovative and established medicines, with leadership positions in respiratory and HIV. We are strengthening our pipeline through a focus on immunology, human genetics and advanced technologies to help us identify the most promising new medicines.
We are the leading vaccines company in the world, delivering over 2 million vaccine doses every day to people living in 158 countries. Our portfolio and pipeline help protect individuals throughout their lives. We have recently introduced breakthrough vaccines Shingrix for shingles and Bexsero, the first vaccine for meningitis B.
Our Consumer Healthcare business develops and markets a portfolio of globally recognised consumer-preferred and expert-recommended brands in the oral health, pain relief, respiratory, skin health, nutrition and digestive health categories. These category-leading brands include Sensodyne, parodontax, Poligrip, Voltaren, Panadol, Otrivin and Theraflu.
Our 95,490 employees across the world are driven by our purpose and our goal to become one of the world’s most innovative, best-performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We follow EU initiatives, policies and legislative files related to our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare businesses. This includes topics such as R&D and clinical trials, antimicrobial resistance, data protection, pharmaceutical legislation, medical devices, vaccines, trade & IP, environment, smoking cessation.
Great West Road, 980
Brentford, Middlesex TW8 9GS,
Tel: 44 20 8047 5000
37 Square de Meeûs
Tel: 32 27917600
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
The number of persons reflects the full time employment falling under the scope of the register. GSK follows the guidelines provided by EFPIA regarding this registration.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Association of the European Self-Medication Industry (AESGP)
European Brands Association (AIM)
American Chamber of Commerce to the European Union (AmChamEU)
British Chamber of Commerce to EU & Belgium (BritCham)
European Biopharmaceutical Enterprises (EBE)
European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
Vaccines Europe (VE)
World Federation of Advertisers (WFA)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission10 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 31 May 2018 - Annika Nowak - Brexit preparedness (DG Health)
- 23 Mar 2018 - Leila Fernandez-Stembridge - IP regime generic manufacturers in the pharmaceutical industry (DG Economics & Tax)
- 01 Dec 2017 - Nele Eichhorn Maria Asenius - FTA implementation & transparency / trade relations with China, Turkey, Russia / importance of including vaccines in trade negotiations (DG Trade)
- 09 Nov 2017 - Marika LAUTSO-MOUSNIER - Innovation in the pharmaceutical sector, SPC, health technology assessments (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 26 Jun 2017 - Commissioner Carlos Moedas - Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) (DG Research)
- 30 Sep 2015 - Paula Duarte Gaspar - Vaccination (DG Health)
- 24 Sep 2015 - Commissioner Carlos Moedas - Challenges of the pharma industry (DG Research)
- 18 May 2015 - Cécile Billaux - Access to medicines in Africa (DG Trade)
- 16 Jan 2015 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - Round Table on Gender Diversity (DG Justice)
- 05 Dec 2014 - Aura Salla Heidi Jern - Life sciences contribution to growth and jobs (DG Jobs & Growth)